K.I.S.S analysis EUR/USD

The EURUSD tries to pullback to the upside, but the bearish trend is still in place, it may try to visit the 1.1200 level.

I agree, downside is still intact, but the pair is struggling to make any significant movement, consolidation could possibly continue before the Fed and the Brexit.

The single currency was trading elevated against the US Dollar on Monday. The session started at 1.1250, the pair broke the resistance at 1.1286 and the session closed at 1.1290. Next bulls target is the resistance located ta 1.1450. Support is now located at 1.1286

Hi guys,

I am sorry for interrupting the thread.

I am a student at United States International University Africa, based in Nairobi Kenya. I am currently doing a paper on trading strategies adopted by online retail currency traders. My goal is to find out the various trading strategies adopted by online retail currency traders and what drives their use of these strategies.

A lot of research has been done on institutional currency traders but there has been little progress on independent retail currency traders who are increasingly becoming an essential part of the global currency market. I found it necessary to direct my study on trading strategies used by currency traders towards retail currency traders.

Please follow the link below to be part of the survey as an independent retail currency trader

http://goo.gl/forms/N2jiDB2kXWtHMNwR2

The study and the findings will be made available to all members of Trade to Win.

For further correspondence, the official university website is www.usiu.ac.ke. My student details are:

Terrence Kariuki Wanjau
Student no 643561
Course Details: Masters in Business Administration (Finance)
Email: [email protected]

I will be glad to provide further literature on the topic

Thank you very much for participating

Guys I know interrupting a discussion was no the best way to go about it :(. But could you please check out the survey or give me some feedback on what I should change or just your general opinion

The EUR/USD was not impacted today by the release of the Advance Retail Sales today. The news turned out to be a non-event and price did not alter in any sudden and volatile changes.

EUR/USD is back to testing 1.1200. A breakout below that level will lead to a further drop to 1.1140 - 1.1130.

On Tuesday, the single currency recorded a significant loss against the US dollar. The session started at 1.1290 and closed 86 pips lower. After steady downtrend the pair broke through the first support at 1.1286. Next support is located at 1.1100 and the resitance now is located at 1.1286.

EUR/USD is trading relatively unchanged since yesterday's session gravitating towards 1.1200. The pair is now 1.1209 and trading in really low volumes due to lack of fresh news that could stir the market.

EUR/USD has risen with only about 40 pips all day because everyone are waiting for the FOMC statement which is coming out in less than two hours.

EUR/USD has risen with only about 40 pips all day because everyone are waiting for the FOMC statement which is coming out in less than two hours.

The pair has been rejected from 1.13 level despite Fed decision to stay on hold at its June meeting and back to it's usual range.

On Wednesday the single currency was trading elevated against the US dollar, following the highly awaited FOMC decision. The pair opened at 1.1206 and closed 52 pips higher. If the uptrend continues, the pair will move to the first resistance located at 1.1286.

The pair has been rejected from 1.13 level despite Fed decision to stay on hold at its June meeting and back to it's usual range.

Indeed, now it's back to testing the support at 1.1130. If it breaks below that level it will likely reach 1.1050.

The pair made sharp U-turn yesterday, the price back to near its opening price with unclear reason. Immediate resistance is still at 1.1300 level, ranging between 1.13 to 1.1130.

The single currency recorded a slight decrease against the US dollar on Thursday. The session started at 1.1258 and ended 34 pips lower. On downwards first support is located at 1.1100. Resistance is located at 1.1286.

OLMXPuu.png

The pair is clearly bouncing off the trendline, which is what happened this week too. Next week is Brexit, we will likely see some major changes in this chart come 23rd.

Last edited:
On Friday, the dollar fell against the euro, but remained stable at 22-month lows against the yen, as the pessimistic reports in the US, as well as decisions of the Federal Reserve System and the Bank of Japan to leave monetary policy unchanged is still putting pressure on the US currency.

Sentiment on the dollar remained fragile after on Thursday the US Department of Labor said the number of initial applications for benefits for a week of unemployment ending June 11 increased by 13,000 to 277,000.

In addition, the US Commerce Department reported that consumer prices rose 0.2%, while expected to grow by 0.3% in May. In annual terms, consumer prices rose 1.0% last month, which was below forecasts growth of 1.1%.

On Friday the dollar weakened against the major currencies, as the Fed decided to maintain interest rates unchanged and lowered its growth forecasts for interest rates in the next few years.
The EUR/USD rose 0.45% to 1.1277.

I believe that the support is now located at the level of 1.1131, the low of Thursday, and resistance is likely to at the level of 1.1304 - a maximum of Tuesday.