July '04 Forex

Cable

A chart of GBP/USD posted on another forum, snap taken at 11.09am.
All credit to NB.

Attachments

• forex 22-7.jpg
    forex 22-7.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 226
fazalv said:
A chart of GBP/USD posted on another forum, snap taken at 11.09am.
All credit to NB.

interesting one there faz,

looking for a drop are they? im not so sure. the 8 hour chart i posted earlier shows a lot of support to prevent capitulation. and on the much shorter time frames, we have bullish change of trendline slope..

plus also fundamentally, the dollar is a bit in the doo-doo

this is my take on that chart...

added a blue line to show just one break of the downtrend.

all in my opinion though guys.. watch it cave in now.....

FC

Attachments

• forex 22-7 again.jpg
    forex 22-7 again.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 237
HI guys,

Thinking about taking a long on what looks like a double bottom. Second bottom being reinforced with ND on momentum Target being 1.8630. See chart. Anyone concur?

Thanks
Hammer :cheesy:

Attachments

• forex.JPG
    forex.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 210
Hammer

Missed a short at 90 as i fancies a sleep in :) (yes it was past 10am when i arrose)

looking at precisely the same set up (althought without the indicator thingy), 1.8310 would be a prefered entry depending on the price action, I have a few time frames coming together in this area.

NB

I think i jumped in a bit early and put a stop at 1.8300. Well im out for 16 points profit. But now i look at it, i could ave stayed in for twice that! Oh well will look for another entry now.

hammer :cheesy:

I said i may ask some questions... Here's a couple, and I am sure they are answered elsewhere, but u lot seem to know what ya talking about...

Whats a good FX broker that does allow small stakes to play / practice on? I know I an do demos for free, but until theres a small amount of money, it just doesnt seem real to me.

Good times to trade different currency pairs, as I am around a different times?

I use Sierra Charts with IB, but that wont help with Spot currencies, so who does good charts, as I have asked around before and currencys and mytrack dont seem that good.

Thanks

Rob

BTW blade isnt a sharp piece of metal, in this case its large kites that pick you and batter you around.

Why don't you chart the Spot Currencies on Sierra?

i.e.

EUR.USD-CASH-IDEALPRO gives spot for EUR/USD
GBP.USD-CASH-IDEALPRO gives spot for GBP/USD (cable)

JonnyT

Friday night analysis of EURUSD gives an early warning buy signal. These early warning signals are worthless in a strong trending market, and Friday's high 2267 - low 2087 = 180 pips// or the open (the open i use will be different than what you use) 2256 - close 2092 = 164 pips ........whichever you care to use and compare would be a strong trend and thus I would tend to ignore the early warning signal, in favor of waiting for something more reliable which would be a confirmed buy signal. So come Sunday night just because the bus has it's headlights on doesn't mean it's going forward up to higher ground; although the driver may not be entirely familar with the intended route and head that direction without me. :) In that case I may hitch a ride to the next station.

Following up on the above early warning buy signal from Friday night.

Monday evening analysis for 26.07.04 on the Euro - the low must be below 2140 to avoid a confirmed buy signal.
Please note - TradeStation closes out the day at 16:58 EST. .... so on my TS chart 27.07.04 trading is under way as I type this.

Follow up to the last post - 26.07.04 .........as of 9:45pm EST we have an Euro low of 2127; consequently we DO NOT have a confirmed buy signal.

Hello gus
Still looking for support in E$ at the mo but the weekly (2yr old) trend is coming under heavy pressure :eek:

Still bullish for now but its make or break.

regards
dt

PS: post 200! feels like ive been here longer than that.. my out outlook must be getting longer term lol ;)

darktone said:
Hello gus
Still looking for support in E$ at the mo but the weekly (2yr old) trend is coming under heavy pressure :eek:

Still bullish for now but its make or break.

regards
dt

PS: post 200! feels like ive been here longer than that.. my out outlook must be getting longer term lol ;)

Congratulations darktone. 200 posts!!! I know each post does take some time and thought.
I must say it's a pleasure to be here learning, and doing a bit of teaching........
Today 7/28's trading will be bar # 7 on the daily euro & gbp - i've often found that bars 7/8/9 make the low or high. But not always by any means! Longer term is the place for any trader to begin his/her analysis - let me see if I can attach a weekly chart. :)

Hmmmmm, maybe the weekly chart was to large a file.

In the T2W-Forex chatroom today we briefly discussed 'targets' and I promised to illustrate a method called "shock" which was taught to me by my good friend G9 a former floor trader from Toronto. Basically a shock is a false move the market makes just prior to the real move. Looking at a daily EURUSD chart notice right after the Bradley date of 5.9.2004 the fake move May 11 & 12 and take the 12's high 1940 - 1785 (the 11's low) = 155 x 4.236 = 656 + 1785 = 2441 which gives a high target. On the July 16th high bar it closed at 2451 (my close may be different than yours) Of course like so many other analsis it always looks better after it happens,lol.........Using this same method on 7/12-7/13 would go like this: 2436 - 2299 = 137 x 4.236 = 580 ............2436 - 580 + 1856 as a target. This is the basic idea. There are other factors to multiply by other than 4.236 but that one seems to be widely used. Cheers.

Morning every one.

Has anyone come across this website www.coesfx.com.

Apparantly you can buy on the BID and sell on the ASK. The cost is $10 per lot each way (so $20 for a round trip on 1 lot). No charting offered. 50:1 margin.

Feedback would be appreciated

Thanks.

update

Not done an update for a while.

I did expect the Dollar Delcine to go further than it actually did but some profit was still booked but nothing near what i was expecting.
Initial short was good but flipped over to a quick long then to back short. Ive not kept an overnight short on but have been taking big chunks out of the intra-day moves. With hind sight it would have been better to hold overnight positions but such is life and ive still booked some good profits.

Currently short with a reasonable bank already today.
Looking for longs at the 1.8050 level and a continuation below 1.80

Happy Trading
NB

Attachments

• july-29-04-04_gbp_D.gif
    july-29-04-04_gbp_D.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 225
e-zee said:
Morning every one.

Has anyone come across this website www.coesfx.com.

Apparantly you can buy on the BID and sell on the ASK. The cost is $10 per lot each way (so $20 for a round trip on 1 lot). No charting offered. 50:1 margin.

Feedback would be appreciated

Thanks.

EXPENSIVE :eek: