Journal for trading MES and MNQ futures on a funded prop firm account. With clear goal of creating connections.

gtcks

I'll be trading a funded prop firm account with risk capital of $2,200.00. My forward testing of everything I put together is going very close to the back testing I did. Which in my experience and also viewing others experiences is a pretty rare, yet promising thing. Extremely aware of market context and bias direction, neither of which I am relying on as an edge or advantage to make what I am doing work. In other words what I am doing does not solely rely on any of those things to work, but I still can use that information to take higher quality trades and add more probability to my trades, of course. Now in extreme circumstances like the market is limiting down, that of course that could be an exception, but than I would just not place trades if there wasn't a clear edge. The point is my biggest strength is understanding context, overall directional probability and stability of the given market.

I've already received pay outs from prop firms , have one currently pending and another lined up for next month. Would like assistance, help or some type of partnership though to further take advantage of the information, concepts and tools I am using, which are quite extensive and far from one dimensional.

More than willing to trade real time with someone as well though voice, screen share and etc if they are seriously interested in working with me. In lieu of that though or in the mean time wanted to pass another evaluation(which is done) and pick one funded account specifically to track on here, so people can come to the understanding that there's actually something tangible here with a lot of potential, as oppose to just another person talking big and chasing a dream.

Will start posting results at the minimum soon, if not also individual trades when time allows. Please understand though I'll be trading other accounts while also trading this one, which I am relying on as large part of my income currently. So, those will take precedence and may only allow me to post the results here and not always real time trades.

Just got the funded account activated and forgot to add commissions profile on the platform I am trading, so my balance is slightly off starting out by a few dollars. Took some sunday night trades which I rarely do and added correct commission profile in. I did trade a Mini and some micro's. Saw a gap down on new contract on smaller TF plus a setup I backtested triggered, so took a Mini and got rewarded. The micro also worked, but than I ended up taking some not as high quality trades and lost a few times on the micro's, so packing it up and calling it a night.

121023.jpg

Most of the time I trade the entire US session, but today have something have to take care of. I will include last nights results in with the mornings results. Pretty bad performance when it comes to being patient and executing, despite making a lot more than I normally make. Broke some rules, over traded, took bad trades, didn't honor walking away when I knew should of, pretty much the standard mistakes most people make, so nothing new. Totally realize my commissions are high, that's obviously directly related to me over trading.

Thankfully I did follow a fair amount of my rules and didn't take any large positions without waiting for a backtested / forwarded tested entry - vehicle.

I am changing this account's mission. Still going to journal but am looking to aggressively grow this account for income, that's just more important right now than trying to put on a dog and pony show.

Wish I didn't have to leave I think there's some more setups to be had even if it isn't later or more until power hour, but I'll be gone for rest of the day.

Hope everyone trades well.

Incredibly frustrating day, pretty much new we had really high probability to take out the ON highs today, but wasn't really able to hold mini's for very long, got stopped out for +1 +2 +3 and even took some losses(really no choice or run the risk of blowing my account since it's such small size).

However I was able to hold the micro's fairly well. Ate a big loss on a short, but also got an even bigger win. My biggest mistake was end of day I was long 1 micro and 1 mini, got out of the mini due to fear and than we proceeded to rip 30 points (as expected). Would of had an almost $1k day if I held that to target, but I still made a lot considering my account size. Not the best stats, but only so much I can do given the circumstances.

I made a lot today, with today's gains and mon/tues almost doubled the account. Should of made more but fear, lack of patience and few mistakes prevented that.

Do appreciate anyone that read what little journaling I did. Think I am done with the journal for awhile though, this doesn't really help me to journal and doesn't seem to provide value or interest to anyone else. Still may post on the forums in general some though.

Thanks