joel parker - price action room

have you seen any proof that Joel Parker is profitable? His claim that 50% of his students are profitable doesn't pass the smell test.

All I can say is that I did sit in a room with him a few years back for 3 months and he could certainly walk the walk at that point.

On top of that, he did help to get me to the point where I understood a lot more about the order flow.

Now - do I trade like Joel now? Nope. I trade like me. Let's face it - the particular style of DOM I use wasn't used by anyone else on the planet, so that in itself evolved a few techniques that no-one else used.

I think the best someone can give you is understanding, you still end up creating your own method in the end based on the sum total of your own experiences.

Malkiel (Random walk down wall street), proved that the fastest and easiest way to make money is to sell information to traders.. it is sadly true.

however; trading is much more fulfilling; because of its challenges and rewards.

The people who made the most from the gold rush were the guys who sold the shovels...:cheesy:

I also became firstly interested in Joel Parker and his course but after much research ( reading the comments of some others that had taken his course) i decided otherwise. Not knocking the guys course as i didn't take it so can't really make a judgement, but it's not cheap so i decided to re-read Livermore and wycoff which ultimately led me to discovering Jigsaw trading tools. I didn't even know Jigsaw was on here as DT!

Long story short, having used all the Jigsaw tools on my ES trading in conjunction with my many years of studying, sim trading, studying more then finally trading Live via my NT platform, I can say with confidence that the Jigsaw tools, in conjunction with a very few other indicators i use, work great for me.

Do i lose money? Hell yeah! Do I make money? Yes i do. Am i coming out on top? Just, but my trading is improving, i,m learning more everyday and the Jigsaw tools and analysis I use works for me.

You can't knock a guy because he's affiliated with someone else who's products you don't use?

Trading is different for us all, some swear by MACD, others wouldn't go anywhere near it. What works for you works for you. This is not about having multi monitor bright screens that flash at you, it's about understanding what you see and making decisions, some of which will be wrong but your methodology would have kept losses small.

I don't use or follow Joel, I don't follow DT but i do use his tools and would have no issues recommending them but hey, i,m no expert.

Renato
I see and I forget, I hear and I remember, I do and I understand.

I agree with Renato about Jigsaw.

As far as Joel is concerned, I bought one of Joel's courses and there's very good info in there but he seems a little shady to me too. I'm not convinced that he really trades.

HOWEVER, nothing but good things to say about Jigsaw. Great tools, very reasonable price and I've watched him trade live in his Skype room. I'm as cynical as they come with regards to "vendors" but you guys are completely wrong about DT (Jigsaw). Tape reading is a bitch to learn but I'm convinced that it's worth it. Also, there aren't many legit guys that teach it. If you rule out DT because he's a vendor, you're eliminating one of the few GOOD sources of info and tools.

BTW, I realize this is my first post so I'll be brushed off as BS but I've been a member here for a long time. Not likely that I've been waiting 9 FREAKIN' YEARS just to throw in a plug for DT right?...lol

Stumbled across this thread and will toss out a couple comments.

FIrst, I use DT's tools everyday and they are excellent.

Second, I have studied with Joel Parker for 1.5 years and have found it extremely valuable.
He is a great teacher and he obviously knows what he is talking about when it comes to tape reading in particular and trading in general. I have learned ALOT from JP and reccomend his training to anyone who is willing to put in the work.

I have posted this here in case other people come across this thread so that they may hear from someone who has actually studied with JP instead of just speculations from people without the actual experience.

I have posted this here in case other people come across this thread so that they may hear from someone who has actually studied with JP instead of just speculations from people without the actual experience.

how do other people know from your comments that you are not JP/DT. They dont, you have added nothing of worth to anyone reading this who may be considering using their services. Nice one.

Perhaps create a trading journal and provide insight into how they have helped you trade. That would be perfect.

Suppose its nearly XMas and some may be short pressie money.

how do other people know from your comments that you are not JP/DT. They dont, you have added nothing of worth to anyone reading this who may be considering using their services. Nice one.

Perhaps create a trading journal and provide insight into how they have helped you trade. That would be perfect.

Well - you have added nothing other than a baseless accusation.

Should a new member provide a copy of their passport so as to not be accused by vendorphobes of being someone else.

Tell you what - report his post and tell the admin to check his IP address against mine.

You really do seem to have issues. It must really annoy you that a vendor might be selling something of use.

Then once you have your answer, come back & apologise.

Well - you have added nothing other than a baseless accusation.

i haven't accused you of anything.

my point, which i will happily reiterate for the likes of you, is:
~people saying "the service was amazing, its great, the best"
~is no better or worse than another saying "so and so is a scammer" when they have no evidence of such....

...as they have provided absolutely 0 value to the discussion. anyone who does either of the above should provide at least some insight into why its good or bad, what they liked/disliked about it, where it could improve/focus on other things, how its improved/or not their trading, what markets they use it on, example of a cpl of trades, how its better/worse than other vendors.

both those types of posts should be deleted.

you can download free browsers which give proxy IPs (thats one way), so that really isnt a very good check, and besides, i will repeat again, i havent accused you of anything.

Tell you what - report his post and tell the admin to check his IP address against mine.

i just did, for the reasons i posted in my prev post (3rd repeat)....a newbie is none the wiser cos said posts are adding absolutely FA to a review of the services/products.

the fact you have recommended the same vacuous post is really quite shocking.

i just did, for the reasons i posted in my prev post (3rd repeat)....a newbie is none the wiser cos said posts are adding absolutely FA to a review of the services/products.

the fact you have recommended the same vacuous post is really quite shocking.

Glad you reported it - now you will hear that your accusations are baseless.

I recommended the post it because I knew it'd annoy the small minded little boys on the forum.

Tell you what - instead of commenting from a position of total ignorance, I'll give you access to my stuff if you like for as long as you like. Then you can come back and make some educated comments.

How about it?

I recommended the post it because I knew it'd annoy the small minded little boys on the forum.

Tell you what - instead of commenting from a position of total ignorance

WTF are you going on about? You're being paranoid - you have assumed I am passing judgement on your product, sigh.....

REPEAT #4....he/she added nothing to the discussion of the worthiness, or otherwise, of your product, and I simply pointed that out. That is a fact.

I am not passing judgement on your product, so how can I be ignorant? Ignorant of what else? I am not asking to pass judgement on your product, I am suggesting that those that do pass judgement, should do with slightly more info than just:
"it is good"

Why do i suggest that? Because otherwise such posts just sound like fake testimonials, cos thats what fake testimonials say - nothing of value.

Now, I have never once said your product is crap, I have not used it. I have never said all vendors are crap, I have even openly said that there are good vendors. And even traders who sell. You maybe one of those, I will never pass judgement on that til i have used your product, & even then I prob wont as there is so much subjectivity over whether a tool is good or bad - works for some, may not work for others. OK?

-----------------------------------------------

So the one fact I have posted about, 4 times now, is not
nothing other than a baseless accusation.

And the number of baseless accusations you have made in these few number of posts of yours, here goes.....DTs baseless accusations:

1. it'd annoy the small minded little boys
2. instead of commenting from a position of total ignorance
3. accused by vendorphobes of being someone else.
4. You really do seem to have issues.
5. It must really annoy you that a vendor might be selling something of use.

1 fact of mine to 5 baseless accusations of yours
. Good going. You make it too easy.

Re who has issues, i will let others decide:
I recommended the post it because I knew it'd annoy

Now what is it you want me to apologise about? Hahaha.

C ya.

p.s. - that was enjoyable, it was bit too easy though.
p.p.s. i wld normally report your posts attacking me, but i think it serves better purpose being in the public domain.

have a good day.

I'll give you access to my stuff if you like for as long as you like. Then you can come back and make some educated comments.

How about it?

if your happy to do this i will give it a trial - i like free stuff, what set up do i need? Can it be run with IB TWS platform/tick data?

December is fairly quiet so I can do 1 month trial and will happily add a review here. Though not sure thats enough time.

You can run it with IBs data - you need to download the free version of ninjatrader, then PM me for de freebie...

Ninja will hook up to TWS and provide you with data (albeit a bit sporadic). Let me know when you do it & I'll lend you a proper data feed login so's you can see the difference.

The purpose of my earlier comment was for the benefit of newer traders looking for good instruction/mentorship who may come upon this thread.
My purpose is not to convince anyone of anything.
So if you are reading this and are interested in Joel Parker's offerings, I suggest you go to his website and watch everything available there. That much will give a good impression of the man and his teaching skills. My experience with him is that he is very accessable by email and telephone for that matter so you can followup and see if it seems like a good fit.
Then you will have some real experience to decide whether to proceed further.

BTW I am not DT nor Joel Parker in disguise. I am a trader living in SF who came across Joel a couple years back on the recomedation of a trader who himself uses tape reading.
I wish I still had trader's email address as I owe him a thank you for his referral.

Best of Luck to everyone.

absolutely crap.

most successful traders will tell you that you need a mentor (successful one).

Read "Market Wizards" to find out who taught who.

Not to mention the turtle experiment by Dennis Richard.

(dont confuse the original turtle experiment with CrapMcDaddy turtle experiment, in which he turned some punters to lizards instead of turtles. the poor guys learned how to sell crap on the phones and how to trade the left side of charts and make 300% per trade day in and day out. I can only hope they find a broker who let them trade the left side of charts; because I have not find one myself :LOL:)
hi alphadude,
I 've been trading from last few years and I 've been fairly successful. I'dont think mentor is needed . I am self taught with reading and research . I am fortunate that I started trading in global financial crisis . started with one contract and now trade 4 e-mini contracts . :cheesy: