Jacko @ FF.com a scam?

As far as the money Jacko ran off with - please! It wasn't 3.4 million or whatever. I can promise you that. You have to keep in mind that most of the people on his thread are trading $1000 or less accounts. (The average retail account is about that size.) Truthfully, I would be surprised if it was over 100k. It would still make him an asshole though.

That's what I thought until Wasp. I think you'd be surprised how many stupid people have money.

You'd better hope that people don't use common sense Clock :LOL:.

Just kidding, loving your work really. Might try it myself if trading doesn't work out :D.

Truthfully, its more of a hobby than a career path. Now running guns through the border - that pays! :cheesy:

Why do people entrust their money to a total stranger?
Would it not be easier and smarter to simply give power of attorney to trade on one's account. A honest and genuine trader would want you to do this and not ask for money sent to them
There are companies that let you link accounts so a trade done on the master trader's account is replicated on all the link accounts
If some one is silly enough to give their money to a total stranger they probably deserve to lose it.

Would it not be easier and smarter to simply give power of attorney to trade on one's account. A honest and genuine trader would want you to do this and not ask for money sent to them
There are companies that let you link accounts so a trade done on the master trader's account is replicated on all the link accounts
If some one is silly enough to give their money to a total stranger they probably deserve to lose it.

Truthfully, that is a point that I think wasn't given enough thought. In fact, I think MOST brokers allow that type of trading. I know that MT4 has a feature that allows an investor password so that they can see how you have been doing.

I really don't get it either.

He wasn't a total stranger - he was a trusted cyberbuddy & respected forum member.

dontchaknowthedifference?

Alas Jacko, I (thought I) knew him well,
Where now, will I find my Mr. Miyagi?
While you waxed lyrical,
I risked on, risked off,
You even lived in Hong Kong for Chris-sakes!
Or DID you.....?

Bad times, he must have had this in place for 4-5 years? That's a ballsy move and real patience.

Doubt he'll ever be found, either. Dangerous world out there, guys.

One of jacko's associates was peterFM on myfxbook.com I flagged the account because he wasn't displaying his open order running at a loss trying to pass himself off as being a good trader. It nearly got me banned by myfxbook.com who also seem to allow many fake statements. Apparently jacko is in Singapore, even worse is the possibility that forexfactory.com were in on the scam and everybody in the top took a cut of the profits, though this is unsubstantiated and would need to be proven. jacko had many sockpuppets creating the illusion of trading insight, yet he never gave a real account statement with large equity deposit. Anybody can upload a $100 alpari.co.uk account but $10000 would be more significant. james16 is another fraud over there.

Does that mean that a person has to be a millionaire to be a good teacher. Hell no. I am not, and I am good. I have never claimed to be a millionaire. I come from po' folk straight outta Appalachia. (For you Brits, its kinda like being Welsh. Which of course, I am descendant of. lol)

Chris

LOL, that's ace...:LOL:

Oh really? What makes you say that? Did he run off with some people's money too?

A fraud does not to run off , he can still be in the same place operating a fraud.Vegas is still around under a different name as a forum executive.

One of jacko's associates was peterFM on myfxbook.com I flagged the account because he wasn't displaying his open order running at a loss trying to pass himself off as being a good trader. It nearly got me banned by myfxbook.com who also seem to allow many fake statements. Apparently jacko is in Singapore, even worse is the possibility that forexfactory.com were in on the scam and everybody in the top took a cut of the profits, though this is unsubstantiated and would need to be proven. jacko had many sockpuppets creating the illusion of trading insight, yet he never gave a real account statement with large equity deposit. Anybody can upload a $100 alpari.co.uk account but $10000 would be more significant. james16 is another fraud over there.

James16 is definately not a fraud....where did you come up with that ? Getting tired of people talking out of thier backsides with nothing to back it up. If you even bother to look at his thread you'll realize that

James16 is definately not a fraud....where did you come up with that ? Getting tired of people talking out of thier backsides with nothing to back it up. If you even bother to look at his thread you'll realize that

All I can say is that his stuff was a great help to me and it's free. So unless something has changed I'd have to say I didn't see anything that resembled a scam.

He doesn't have a real account statement not one. Mr. Smith is one of his sockpuppets, he makes his money not by trading. You only have a 2post count and are a sockpuppet for james16.

I think the way he can be conceived as a scam are for a few reasons:
1. Someone said the information is free. Well, it's $129 per month to join his group. The same information you pay his monthly subscription rate for, you can get in an open forum for free.
2. The guy has some slick talking points, but evidently, is not a trader. At least there is no evidence to show any success behind his talking points.
Also, if he is as good a trader as his talking points suggest, then why would he have a forum you have to pay a monthly charge to join. Successful traders make their money trading. They don't need any other income peripherally.
My challenge to you is, can you introduce me to 5 people that have benefitted in their trade from what they got from this guy? By benefitting from the guy, I mean where they were able to take tidbits of his information, where they were able to get nowhere else, adn that evolved into an active monthly income. If the guy is not a fraud, then you should be able to find others that can justify the $129 per month by benefitting off his sole advice.
That's how you objectively put to the test if the guy is a fraud or not. His rate has to be justified by subscribers being the benefactors consistently over the long haul.

I'm starting a guru review website. The idea is that guru's can make live real time calls, so they can prove themselves before you commit to them.

http://www.stockmarketguruwatch.com

From your link I followed http://www.puretick.com/trkrecord.html presented us a with a jumbled mess of unverified numbers. Where is the actual trading statement and the audited tax return of the signal service provider.

this one http://zantrio.com/services/day_trading.php claims 70% , but no link to any futures statement. Even is so what was the initial deposit in this futures account .

http://groups.google.com/group/futu...thread/2ecad27b1e1aa13b?#doc_00b09c787ee74700

Argument:
"...From your own statement here I dont get what your shtick is. You
claim people should show you statements by using myfxbook and then you
say that myfxbook is easily manipulated.
So once someone does show you results, then what? Accuse them of
uploading false statements?
........"

Counter:
If you claim to have a flock of flying dragons in your home, it is not
for me to prove or disprove anything. Anything can be fabricated on a
PC, the person claiming to trade must provide a means of such claims
to be disproven or falsified. Google for Karel Popper and
falsification on wikipedia.

http://www.stocktwits.com is probably the only means of bringing in
transparency. http://www.robbinstrading.com/worldcup/standings.asp is
hosting the pfgbest futures trading contest. One needs minimum $15000
to participate. The scam is that they allow a trader to have any
number of accounts of $15000. This is not fair to a trader who only
has $15000 to enter and can only have one account thus.

With http://www.stocktwits.com you as an individual are only allowed
one alias, they won't tolerate spamming of their board by sock
puppets.

Andrea Unger is the winner of the 2009 contest and presently having
two accounts in second and third place, is "sock puppeting" in a
sense. His other 100 futures accounts of $15000 each running at steep
losses he isn't telling us about.

Andrea Unger is gaming the system like a Russian hacker games
myfxbook.com by selling worhtless EA's just at a much more
sophisticated level using a futures account. It at least indicates
that he really is making 113% gain on two out of his 100 simultaneous
futures accounts.

It thus generates the illusion that Andrea Unger can actually trade,
he can't unless he can prove the opposite. Note the principle of
falsifiability, I don't have to prove anything, he makes the claim, he
must provide the evidence, like for example his tax return.

The trading contest thus generates hype creating a false impression
leading naive investors investing with Andrea Unger. Lets presume he
has 30 real futures accounts and all of them are positive. The only
way to prove this is to provide his tax return . If he won't take a
chance lying to on his income tax he probably won't lie to an
investor. The onus is on him to make his claims falsifiable.

Asafyigal is the founder of http://www.currensee.com which has the
same problem as http://www.robbinstrading.com/worldcup/standings.asp ,
https://www.worldcupadvisor.com/ and
http://www.worldcupadvisor.com/worldcupchampionships/default_nwcc2.aspx

they allow hundreds of real accounts but only publish the winning
accounts. What you are supposed to do is publish all your 300 real
accounts and provide the net gain as % of net equity employed.

Last edited:
I don't sponsor or recommend or even know anything about any of the gurus on the site. I made the site simply for gurus to come and prove themselves by making some real time calls on the shout box. So far, only a few have agreed to throw out some calls. Any guru who wants can be listed, as it's simply a place to view gurus who are out there.