It's the end of the week, so for a bit of fun.

rols

Experienced member
It's the end of the week, so for a bit of fun..

I suggested to trader_dante this may be a good header slogan for T2W.

Any other suggestions and why?

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here

It's the end of the week, so for a bit of fun..

I suggested to trader_dante this may be a good header slogan for T2W.

Any other suggestions and why?

Hi Rols,

No yours looks pretty good to me :LOL: :LOL:

Reason ~ THERE ARE NO MAGIC BULLETS OR HOLY GRAILS SO FORGET IT
:!:

Andy AKA

Because there are more infernal comedians on this site than anywhere else within the known Cosmology of mankind. The double irony of your choice of initial correspondent will play itself out in due course, of that I have no doubt. We’ll all live to enjoy it – I’m sure.

I thought develbis may be on to it with his grail allusion (which may have been accidental), but if not, why not:--

"cet endroit est terrible"

A thought brought about by RT’s response made me consider this largely whimsical initial post by Rols to be rather clever (and therefore obviously unintentional).

If one takes the suggested slogan as an imperative, a command, rather than a statement of desolate resignation, it makes a great deal of sense in this (trading) context.

If you don’t consciously decide to abandon all shred of hope, you will, as RT says, likely get screwed.

A thought brought about by RT’s response made me consider this largely whimsical initial post by Rols to be rather clever (and therefore obviously unintentional).

If one takes the suggested slogan as an imperative, a command, rather than a statement of desolate resignation, it makes a great deal of sense in this (trading) context.

If you don’t consciously decide to abandon all shred of hope, you will, as RT says, likely get screwed.

Dante's allegory, The Divine Comedy could be well used as a trader's charter.

Men of sound intellect and probity,
weigh with good understanding what lies hidden
behind the veil of my strange allegory.

The descent into the nine circles of Hell, The terraces of Purgatory, and then The Spheres of Heaven are all part of the traders journey perhaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Divine_Comedy

For example, each sin's punishment is a symbolic instance of poetic justice; for example, sorcerers and false prophets have to walk backwards with their heads turned around, unable to see what is ahead, because they tried to see what had not yet come.

I read the Dorothy L. Sayers translation (which she considered her finest work) a few years back and highly recommend it.

The market is a (*front bottom) *Censored.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter her.

Thats what I've learnt from Socrates.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here

Can I do a test drive before committing :cheesy:

Abandon hope all who post here because it will be censored!

More covert censorship - this time on a thread in The Foyer.

The original title of this thread was

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

Who changed it, and why may I ask?

Take the blue pill you wake up Take the PURPLE pill and....

More covert censorship - this time on a thread in The Foyer.

The original title of this thread was

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

Who changed it, and why may I ask?

The changing of the thread title has got to be an absolute blunder. Fortunately it is only the silent minority in the know (not the majority who continue to post absolute drivel and nonsense, for reasons best known to themselves) who can see a real gem in the threads given original title Rols.

Whats more the herd do not know that they do not know but the answer is contained therein for the minority to see in full plain view so much so that the answer to the question, whatever it is, is absolutley screaming at you. I respectfully submit.

ta ta..

Didn't he do well .....!

Attachments

• brucie.jpg
    brucie.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 443