It's goodbye from him and it's goddbye from me

Charlton

Experienced member

This is a brief note to let you all know that I have decided to quit the post of moderator with immediate effect. This has nothing to do with recent events, but with a growing realisation that I no longer have anything I want to contribute or anything I want to take from this, or any, trading website with regard to my trading activities.

My posting activity on this site has been decreasing over time and will pretty well tail off now. I will continue to lurk like many of you, but will not be very active.

Charlton

Godbye!

Sorry to hear that Charlton. Your posts have always been of a consistently high quality and have added much value to this forum.

First Jacinto, now you. We'll be opening a book of condolences soon.

Ciao Charlton.

Last edited:
I have not been around boards that long , thanks for the nice message regards one of my posts and Good luck in the Future

Regards Andy AKA

All the Best Charlton

I hope all goes well for you Charlton!
Reading between the lines, the tone of your post suggests to me that you're disaffected with the whole subject of trading. Either that or you've discovered the holy grail and don't need the ideas and info' to be found here or on other sites. I hope it's the latter! ;)
Tim.

Thanks for your help over the past weeks Charlton.

If anyone is interested in learning more about becoming a moderator then please let me know :LOL:

Not goodbye, but, I will see you less often.

This is a brief note to let you all know that I have decided to quit the post of moderator with immediate effect. This has nothing to do with recent events, but with a growing realisation that I no longer have anything I want to contribute or anything I want to take from this, or any, trading website with regard to my trading activities.

My posting activity on this site has been decreasing over time and will pretty well tail off now. I will continue to lurk like many of you, but will not be very active.

Charlton

Good luck charlton.

I can understand your position. I think your current position is a mark of your development in your journey as a trader. Once you reach a certain stage, and are competent in what you know/do, peripheral things like T2W become less helpful and can often serve as a distraction. Helpful in getting you to where you currently are, but of no consistent use as you continue forwards.

I think you've pretty much summarised my personal stance also. I too now have a few trading strats that work well enough, and i do not want to share my "edges" here, and why should i, as few others do. But this is understandable.

For me, my main point of interest now in T2W is the foyer, and has been for some time, where i like to see other peoples opinions on non-trading related general issues from time to time. Therefore, i also will continue to lurk, pop in now & again, but most likely with a significantly decreasing regularity from now on.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying there's anything too wrong with T2W, or that i am above it, or that i will never be back etc. etc. as that would be pointless. But my current average of 1.66 posts per day, should decrease by a fair old whack from now on. So, as i progress forwards, although this is not a goodbye from me, its a - I will see you guys less often :).

Thanks to all those of you who have been of direct and indirect help along the way, and good luck in life to everyone - may you all live happily, healthily & contentedly into old age :D.

:D

Bye Charlton - good luck with trading in the future.

I noticed Wasp seems to have stopped posting too. Seems quite a few valuable members giving up the ghost: a shame.

Bye Charlton - good luck with trading in the future.

I noticed Wasp seems to have stopped posting too. Seems quite a few valuable members giving up the ghost: a shame.

Looks that way doesn't it.

I know of another prominent member who will shortly cease posting here.

Time for T2W to introduce a club card? :cheesy:

Looks that way doesn't it.

I know of another prominent member who will shortly cease posting here.

Time for T2W to introduce a club card? :cheesy:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories :LOL: but is there something going on in the background?

I suspect the departure of Socrates has generated some feeling towards making the site realise just how much he'll be missed (to some:devilish: ).

I can't quite understand the reasons for "quitting" a website. Why not just visit whenever the feeling arises?

UTB

Last edited:
Clarification of a few points

First of all I would like to thank you all for your comments. I was not intending to post anymore on the matter, but do so in order to thank you and also to clear up a few points that have arise in this thread.

Timsk – message 4
I have already replied to you by PM. I am not disaffected with trading. I will tackle your other comment further down.

Moderation – Timsk – message 10, Blades – message 11
It doesn’t necessarily take up a lot of time, but it certainly takes up more time than just being a member. The time varies in direct proportion to the contentious nature of a thread or to the determination of vendors to bypass T2W rules. The main issue is that it places you into a very different relationship with the site and other members. I found that I no longer read threads for their content, but in order to see if site guidelines were being contravened.

JTrader – message 13
You have really got to the core of it (as did Abitrageur in a PM).

There are stages in the life of a trader that have been discussed on other threads before. During the development of a trader one learns both intellectually and experientially. The accumulation of, what I have termed, the intellectual may be gained from books, seminars and websites such as T2W. The experiential knowledge is gained by the act of trading itself and by becoming more and more attuned to the market.

In time the type of knowledge gained from a website becomes relatively inconsequential, but the amount of knowledge gained from “doing it” becomes more consequential. The learning comes from within.

This is, IMHO, the reason why eventually experienced traders tend to post less and lurk more. Those who lurk tend to be more interested in the “social” threads e.g. the lounge. Before I am shot down in flames, I should say that there are notable exceptions on this site.

TheBlades – message 16
There is not to my knowledge “anything going on in the background”. Certainly nothing of that nature played any role in my decision to quit as moderator and to spend less time on trading websites. The departure of Socrates has also played no part in this decision.

Many of you might have facebook and other social networking accounts and you may have heard how people can get addicted to these sites. One member told me by PM that he likes to get his “fix” of T2W and I quite understand that. As I stated above this, for me at least, is a distraction from the experiential side of trading.

These are the reasons behind my actions.

Good trading to everyone

Charlton

These are the reasons behind my actions.

Hi Charlton,
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post such a comprehensive response. Your comments are interesting and, although not all of them tally with my own feelings, I quite understand and accept your points. I'm pleased you addressed my initial concern about being disaffected with trading publicly on this thread, (thanks for the PM btw) as it quashes the 'neggies' out there who might have assumed - incorrectly - that you were withdrawing because of poor results. As it is, it sounds as if everything is hunky dory trading wise - which is excellent news. Long may it last!
Best wishes,
Tim

Charlton

I've definitely noticed that during the past year you have been less active then I first joined T2W. During that time I had to learn a lot and might have been a pain in the ass for some members, wanting to learn too much too quickly. You have been of great help and guided me on several occasions. I would like to say thank you for the knowledge and experience you were willing to share, not only on the public board but also through PM's.

As always, it will be a loss when a valuable contributor decides to stop posting, but we all get out of it what we want/need. From time to time I will look up some of your older posts, because in those is still a lot of truth to be found. There's an old saying in Dutch "wie schrijft, die blijft"... I'm unable to translate it without doing harm to the original meaning but it's something like "he who writes, will live on". As my avatar displayes, there's no end there's only the beginning of a new journey. Good luck and wishing you all the best,

FW