It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't go to the room this morning due to other commitments, so missed out. Or so I thought. Checked my e-mail and there were 2 from James recommending keeping an eye on USD/CHF and GBP/JPY. I saw the set-ups I needed and banked 103 pips between them this morning. Thank you James.

Ken

Well traded Ken

D

Ok so emails have been sent to you.

You know what we are in and you know what levels we want to see broken.

Have a great weekend.

D

Couldn't go to the room this morning due to other commitments, so missed out. Or so I thought. Checked my e-mail and there were 2 from James recommending keeping an eye on USD/CHF and GBP/JPY. I saw the set-ups I needed and banked 103 pips between them this morning. Thank you James.

Ken

Well traded and aren't you glad you missed the live room

Keep going

paul

Well the Lions finally win a test match...

A series we should have won but there is no point in life ever saying should have. The boys will be gutted to have lost the series but at least they have a lot of respect flying home now.

Happy Dan :)

D

See u monday

Good morning all

Well GBP has behaved in Asia and we wake up to a great start… As you know we are short as a team from Friday in CABLE & GBPJPY.

CABLE
• Short from 1.6320 on the break we have banked 50% at 1.6270.
• The 4hr trend is down and the 60min trend is down.
• Key support levels now are 1.6255 & 1.6183.
• I presume for those that were here on Friday are still short.
• Lets be patient and hold balance until we either get a Golden Cross of the 60min MA´s or a break back above the 4hr 20ma which is key resistance.

GBPJPY
• This trade again was taken on Friday on the break of 156.42
• 50% was banked at 155.42 and we will hold balance.
• 4hr trend and 60min trend are down and again be patient with banking the rest.. Wait for either the Golden Cross of the 60min MA´s or the cross back above the 4hr 20ma.

EURUSD
• Potential Double Top on EUR
• Looking for 1.3950 to break on the downside.

USDJPY
• Daily Triangle and looking for this to break on the downside.
• Weekly trend and Daily trend are down and looking for this to test and break 95.00

Good morning all

CABLE, GBPJPY and EURUSD are working out well...We are up over 500 pips so not a bad start to the week.

From the emails i have received most have made over 200 pips so overall a great start.

The little tweak to the system is working well and I am looking forward to smashing all records in July and August. As i said before, last year we had a record summer and we will do it again this year.

Have fun
D
:)

More email alerts coming your way...

Good morning all

CABLE, GBPJPY and EURUSD are working out well...We are up over 500 pips so not a bad start to the week.

From the emails i have received most have made over 200 pips so overall a great start.

The little tweak to the system is working well and I am looking forward to smashing all records in July and August. As i said before, last year we had a record summer and we will do it again this year.

Have fun
D

More email alerts coming your way...

Hi Dan

Nice trades.
I have took 3 trades this morning EUR/USD, GBP/USD,EUR/JPY all sell and I closed it with profits.
Can you explain me,do you trade only with trend,as I can see your trades are always with trend or you somethimes go against trend

Thank you very much

Well days like this make trading all the more enjoyable...

CABLE, GBPJPY, EURUSD, GBPCHF, WALL ST, the list goes on...

More pips today than in June as a whole... Made a few adjustments to the charts and i am back to how i felt a few months ago. Boy was June slow and good to be back...

The 1000 pip mark isnt far away!!! Lets all get there together...

The room seemed electric today... We were all working as a team and helping each other out.

Well done to you guys.

D

Hi Dan

Nice trades.
I have took 3 trades this morning EUR/USD, GBP/USD,EUR/JPY all sell and I closed it with profits.
Can you explain me,do you trade only with trend,as I can see your trades are always with trend or you somethimes go against trend

Thank you very much

Hi

Generally in the room we will trade with the trend but yes i occasionally break that rule depending on an oversold or overbought market.

Well done...3 good trade. Impressive work.

D

Hi

Generally in the room we will trade with the trend but yes i occasionally break that rule depending on an oversold or overbought market.

Well done...3 good trade. Impressive work.

D

Thank you very much Dan

Only made 25 pips this morning because I got scared out of cable ( always respect your stop is the rule, will not break that rule again ).

I made a lot of pips in June, although the market was moving sideways. How is this possible? Well, after analysing the market and a few losing trades on Friday I noticed that in the June market I gave priority to the smaller timeframe trends ( 15M and 5M ). On a golden cross of the M15 I always took the trade and it gave me a lot of pips.

This doesn't work as well in the environment the market is in right now. Now the market has broken out of the sideways trend I had to switch to longer timeframe mode again, which costs me some pips.

Anyway, now I'm respecting the longer timeframes again pips are flowing in again.

So what I learned is the following:
- In sideways market, give the short timeframes priority
- In trending markets, give the long timeframes priority

Only thing that's left is learn how to trade the retracements to the big MA's ( for example, cable is diving down, how detect the retracements ( 5m golden crosses ? ) how can you go long on these retracements ? )

Greets,

Henk.

Only made 25 pips this morning because I got scared out of cable ( always respect your stop is the rule, will not break that rule again ).

I made a lot of pips in June, although the market was moving sideways. How is this possible? Well, after analysing the market and a few losing trades on Friday I noticed that in the June market I gave priority to the smaller timeframe trends ( 15M and 5M ). On a golden cross of the M15 I always took the trade and it gave me a lot of pips.

This doesn't work as well in the environment the market is in right now. Now the market has broken out of the sideways trend I had to switch to longer timeframe mode again, which costs me some pips.

Anyway, now I'm respecting the longer timeframes again pips are flowing in again.

So what I learned is the following:
- In sideways market, give the short timeframes priority
- In trending markets, give the long timeframes priority

Only thing that's left is learn how to trade the retracements to the big MA's ( for example, cable is diving down, how detect the retracements ( 5m golden crosses ? ) how can you go long on these retracements ? )

Greets,

Henk.

wait for price to DB/DT then cross the 5min 7ma, make sure you're going with the trigger and hey presto you've got a safe trade retracement ...

Z.

wait for price to DB/DT then cross the 5min 7ma, make sure you're going with the trigger and hey presto you've got a safe trade retracement ...

Z.

Hi

Can you explain better this about the 5min 7ma and trigger.

Thanks(y)

Good morning all

I hear on the grapevine that Mexico and Brazil were buying USD last night. WS future looks well supported above the 8250 level and DP at 8229 level. Let’s be cautious with the USD this am, as technically I would like to see this back below its DP for clear USD strength.

CABLE
• Technically trading above the DP and 84CCI and 21 CCI are green suggesting a little strength in GBP this am.
• However the beast (the 4hr 20ma) is sitting strong at 1.6300 and it takes a brave man to take him on.
• For me no long play unless we break back above the 4hr 20ma with a solid 123 bouncing off it.
• There is however a clear trend reversal at 1.6235 and a break through here would suggest further weakness in GBP today.
• Key levels of support are 1.6205, 1.6184 and DS1 at 1.6142.
• The Daily chart suggests a little strength could come back into this market as the 21 CCI is a little oversold. Lets be patient, play the breaks and on the upside wait for the 123 through the 4hr 20ma.

EURUSD
• Similar setup to CABLE this am with USD a potential banana skin.
• 1.3947 is 1st level of support and we should look to play the break through here down to the DS1 at 1.3911.
• For me if the USD is going to weaken today with OIL and Indices strengthening then I will only look for a long play in EUR with a 123 through the 4hr 20ma.

EURGBP
• Boxed between the 4hr 20ma and 60min 20ma.
• However a break to the upside through 0.8600 could be good with a tight stop behind the 60min 20ma.

Ok need to be a little patient this am. Can see both ways at present…

Will keep u posted.

D

Good morning all

Another great start to the day and July is blossoming well...

Traded short CABLE, GBPJPY, EURUSD & EURJPY. Perfect breaks with lots of pips in the pip bank.

Always good to start the month well... As mentioned June was slow as babies were on my mind. Charts are crisp and clear now and raring to break monthly records.

See u tomorrow.
D

The market essentially hasn't got a clue what it wants to do. Itcontinues to follow S&P futures and stoned green shooters still talkabout a jobless recovery. I still cant believe what I am hearing, cansome smart economist explain a dumb Essex man how a jobless recoveryworks when you have no equity in your house and you and your friends arelosing your jobs? Yes the financial industry is doing well but at whatstage is the ever increasing delinquency rates on mortgages, creditcards, home loans, car loans etc going to outweigh the profits banks aremaking on a few new issues and nice wide bid offer spreads. All thatsaid there is now a debate going on whether we can hit the March lows instocks or have we seen the worst. Personally I think we do test thoselows again as you don't fix a 20 year spending spree in 3months. I dohave good news however for technical reasons I would be very surprisedto see EM corps trade at levels they did last year or early part of thisyear. Bonds are in safer hands plus free floats are smaller as issuershave bought back their own debt at discounts. The focus for the nextcouple of weeks is definitely on corporate earnings. I am no chartistbut stocks need to find support here otherwise it could be another notso sunny Summer for the markets. Not all is lost however as the Ashesstart tomorrow and the Open begins next week, plenty of green shootsthere!

Mr P......

Nice breaks

Good morning all

Perfect breaks with lots of pips in the pip bank.

D

Ooo, sounds lovely! Not like me to miss a nice break, but took the day off to wake up by the beach and a bit of surfing; no mobile broadband coverage in these wild parts ;)

Good to hear you all had a great session, with plenty more pips coming our way. July is certainly looking to be a great month, catch you tomorrow...

Julie :)

Hidden divergence

Charts are crisp and clear now...

D

Hi Dan, hi all

I've been in the room pretty much full time now for almost a month and my learning curve is phenomenal, just being able to benefit from full sessions every day is amazing. I mean I could see trades before I left the rat race, but not all of them and mainly just with the trend jobbies. Nothing wrong with that I know, but there are so many more opportunities.

Anyway, just doing some homework on divergence as James and Zak talk about it alot and saw this example of hidden divergence on a day I would have previously just looked at and seen a mess then a move of 150 pips. When you look closely at the chart and know what you are looking for all the clues are there.

Two 15m charts, one with candles and the other with heiken ashi (I like both), with SW42 added to show the 30m pullback. The hidden divergence shows a lower low on the chart but a higher low on the SW21 indicating a possible continuation of the up trend. A break of resistance and away she goes for 150 piperoonies, or you could wait a few extra pips to break through the 4hr 20ma, last one to tackle (obviously wasn't Jason Robinson - I loved him). I stuck the Fibonacci Expansion on just for good measure and it reaches T1 perfectly.

I would never have seen this sort of trade before, or even looked for it but being in the room has opened my eyes to so many more trading opportunities. Thanks Dan.

Learning fast RS :smart:

PS Oooooooh get you with your fancy new "Thread Starter" label, your little juke box, flags and gold star, what next hey for Mr July?

PPS Just got told off for asking when the Ashes "kicked off", hee hee, you don't kick off in cricket apparently. Well when does it tee off then? You men are so easy to wind up. :D

PPPS Keep clicking on the chart to zoom in. (I know it's from April, it's just where I got to when I saw it).

PPPPS Julie, you are one cool dudey lady. Have fun surfer chick.

Attachments

• Divergence.jpg
    Divergence.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Hi Dan, hi all

I've been in the room pretty much full time now for almost a month and my learning curve is phenomenal, just being able to benefit from full sessions every day is amazing. I mean I could see trades before I left the rat race, but not all of them and mainly just with the trend jobbies. Nothing wrong with that I know, but there are so many more opportunities.

Anyway, just doing some homework on divergence as James and Zak talk about it alot and saw this example of hidden divergence on a day I would have previously just looked at and seen a mess then a move of 150 pips. When you look closely at the chart and know what you are looking for all the clues are there.

Two 15m charts, one with candles and the other with heiken ashi (I like both), with SW42 added to show the 30m pullback. The hidden divergence shows a lower low on the chart but a higher low on the SW21 indicating a possible continuation of the up trend. A break of resistance and away she goes for 150 piperoonies, or you could wait a few extra pips to break through the 4hr 20ma, last one to tackle (obviously wasn't Jason Robinson - I loved him). I stuck the Fibonacci Expansion on just for good measure and it reaches T1 perfectly.

I would never have seen this sort of trade before, or even looked for it but being in the room has opened my eyes to so many more trading opportunities. Thanks Dan.

Learning fast RS :smart:

PS Oooooooh get you with your fancy new "Thread Starter" label, your little juke box, flags and gold star, what next hey for Mr July?

PPS Just got told off for asking when the Ashes "kicked off", hee hee, you don't kick off in cricket apparently. Well when does it tee off then? You men are so easy to wind up. :D

PPPS Keep clicking on the chart to zoom in. (I know it's from April, it's just where I got to when I saw it).

PPPPS Julie, you are one cool dudey lady. Have fun surfer chick.

Hey RS

ha ha, I wish, still very uncool unfortunately :LOL:

You trading full time now then? Leaving the Rat Race has definately got to be a cause for celebration and if trading has given you the chance to do that then that is fantastic! A real inspiration :cool:

It's mega-busy with cricket fans here, apparently some old fogies at the ECB are quite unamused that the Ashes is taking place over the border, but hey, spread the love, that's what I say... Bat off maybe?

Catch you later

Last edited:
Been trading now for 4 months, all of that time has been with The FX500 club.

Today I have come to the realisation that trading Forex is like crossing a mine field in order to reach a pot of gold. It's great to being shielded by Dan, James and Zak. If you're gonna cross a mine field you're better off following in someone elses foot step.

Great job Chaps!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.