It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done all...

Yes great morning and lost of pips available in CABLE and EURUSD.

I only took CABLE but happy with the trade.

Speak later

D

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 140
  • eurusdt2w.gif
    eurusdt2w.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 150
Second day in the room and very happy with my 47 pips on euro and cable. Stopped out on cable but I'd banked half and was on a free trade by then. Thanks Dan and Co, see in the Monkey School later.

Al

Well done Al...

Sterling effort!

D

Ok so DOW rallies and weak USD hits the market so you see rallies across the board.

Your stops in CABLE were at 1.4880 for the 50% left on the trade so unfortunately we didnt make on this last part. I was out for a coffee when my stop got hit so i lost 2 pips on my 50% of my postion :(

Vvvvv happy with EURGBP. As you all know this is my only longer term postion. I have banked a couple of times on this and still targeting 0.8500.

So lesson for today is to bank at support levels (as we did) at 55 and 23 and then roll stop down incase of bounces like today.

Well done team!

D

Second day in the room and very happy with my 47 pips on euro and cable. Stopped out on cable but I'd banked half and was on a free trade by then. Thanks Dan and Co, see in the Monkey School later.

Al

Hey Al

Great to see you on here!

:D

Do you suspect a retracement on cable, dan?

Staying out for now as not at right levels to buy or sell...(Not overly sure in direction to be honest)

We need to keep a little eye on the DOW for a little guidance with the USD.

D

DOW is an animal today making the $ related currencies hard to trade...

They should be setup well for 123s tomorrow but not today.

Happy with EURGBP.

D

Ouch!

Ouch, that was an unexpected rally through 1.4955 in CABLE this morning...

Just goes to show, no matter how much I thought it was a sure double-top, there is no such thing as a sure-thing trade!

Oh well, lesson learnt, no lasting damage, just my pride took a little knock :rolleyes:

Will leave well alone now until a nice entry comes along, no revenge trading for me, that would get nasty...

Catch you all tomorrow morning

Julie

Ouch, that was an unexpected rally through 1.4955 in CABLE this morning...

Just goes to show, no matter how much I thought it was a sure double-top, there is no such thing as a sure-thing trade!

Oh well, lesson learnt, no lasting damage, just my pride took a little knock :rolleyes:

Will leave well alone now until a nice entry comes along, no revenge trading for me, that would get nasty...

Catch you all tomorrow morning

Julie

Same here Julie. I'm not happy that I didn't lock in my 50pips after being in positive 70. Woke up this morning to see my s/l got hit on GBPUSD.

Let's let it develop a little, might present a further rational opportunity for long or short with the big s/r line its hovering around.

Hi all

That is unlucky darkness...Its a good lesson on banking some profit when its there. We discussed the two areas of support and one of them should have been hit for profit. You will nail it next time but a good lesson learnt. I thought it was going to double top as well (as did most) but with DOW playing games the weak USD came into play. The main thing is you were up 70 pips so u know u can do it! Take a big positive from that.

This EUR is teasing me...Think we could have a good day tom.

See u at 6.30am

D

Last edited:
Gbpusd Up

Hi all,

Made a big mistake today by watching the 4 hour cloud on gbpusd. The daily cloud was still bullish and again it was the Tenkan line that supported the pair. Next time I will open my eyes wider. Just for you to know the Cloud is a very usefull indicator where it concerns the GBPUSD on the longer term. Looking at the cloud it looks like the GBP can not be stopped. Today it has also taken out a daily tripple top.

See chart attached.

Erik

Attachments

• GBPUSD.jpg
    GBPUSD.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 168
Hi all

That is unlucky darkness...Its a good lesson on banking some profit when its there. We discussed the two areas of support and one of them should have been hit for profit. You will nail it next time but a good lesson learnt. I thought it was going to double top as well (as did most) but with DOW playing games the weak USD came into play. The main thing is you were up 70 pips so u know u can do it! Take a big positive from that.

This EUR is teasing me...Think we could have a good day tom.

See u at 6.30am

D

Definitely, Dan. Important lesson learned, gotta lock in profits when they are there. Bottom line. I put a big post-it note on my monitor with big bold letters instructing myself to do that each and every time.

Thx!

Alex

Morning all

When will this MP break in EURUSD... Driving me nuts!!!

We had the perfect little trade on and up 24 pips, looking for 25 pips and didnt chop it. Silly but i had my rule and went for the 25...Decided to show respect to the MP and felt it was best to cut the position after it retraced. Silly i know but thats trading and u have to make judgement calls at the time. Easy looking back!

Looking for CABLE, GBPJPY and EURUSD to fall away today as explained in teh room..Lots of pips available here on the breaks.

Cheers
D

Morning Notes
CABLE
• Resting well on the 1.5000 level.
• Personally feel CABLE is tough to trade around the 1.5000 but does look a little toppy here.
• If we see a break of the 60min 20ma with a pullback to the 60min 20ma for a 123 then I will look for a short but at the moment I will hold off and wait for the break.

EURUSD
• MP is key support and I am looking for this to break over the nest 24 to 48 hours.
• Would technically prefer to wait for the MP to break and then a 123 but for risk reward you could short now (95) with a stop above the DP at 25.
• I am short with 30 pip risk.

EURGBP
• Strong downtrend and hard to sell at these levels but also difficult buy unless we see a solid 123 above the 60min 20ma.
• Best to hold off unless you are already short.

Well team i am very impressed with you all..The 123 has worked perfectly in CABLE.

Ronald well done and i am very impressed with all of you who took the trade.

The room went short of CABLE between 45 and 60 with a stop above the 60min 20ma.

We banked 50% at 30pips and holding balance for now.

Dan

PS Well done to those who took the 123 in GBPJPY. Chris is up over 160 pips. EURUSD was taken by some for 25 as well.

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 156
  • eurusdt2w.gif
    eurusdt2w.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 139
  • gbpjpyt2w.gif
    gbpjpyt2w.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 155
Thanks for the 123 lesson Dan. Closed my positions now and made 108 pips on cable and GBP/JPY. It's coming together, thank you.

Thanks for the 123 lesson Dan. Closed my positions now and made 108 pips on cable and GBP/JPY. It's coming together, thank you.

Well done...All about being patient for these 123s. I love these 100+ pip days.

Hello

Ok taken a cheeky one at 1.4920 and pre empting a break lower.

Not here to watch as going for a beer but lets see.

Only 30 pip risk

D

Funny

Hi Dan,

While reading your post about the GBPUSD that said some guys were still in that trade I thought what the heck. So I shorted it without looking at charts whatsoever. Just saw wall street a bit lower and gbp was in for a break of 1.49. Another 30 pips was the outcome and that puts me on 9 good trades in a row today. Only one bad trade with small stakes which actualy meant I was not sure of the trade.

And what I said this afternoon I can not live without the team anymore. I meant it from the heart.

Have fun you all,

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.