It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ops
sorry my apologies ,
well done simon nice to be on your same good wagon this morning

Hi all

Quiet afternoon with markets overbought or oversold.

We ended up with a cheeky short in EURUSD on a 5min chart for 35 pips. (Naughty but nice!!!)

Not a bad finish to the day.

See u tom.

D

PS Well done to Tom who made over 400 pips today.

Attachments

• eurusdaaa.gif
    eurusdaaa.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 171
another 123 that went good , GOLD
( unfortunately I missed the very nice oppotunity friday )

not good at exit point though

Attachments

• Im2.GIF
    Im2.GIF
    20.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Imm3.GIF
    Imm3.GIF
    16.4 KB · Views: 156
1h was trend up , 1.2.3 on ?-ok go to the 15m , cci confirming , somewhat feel still uneasy to press the buy button , sometimes feels like something missin in the pic
probably was not

hi guys and girls. I've been reading through Zak's thread with great interest, the concepts and so on are very well explained. I'm up to about page 65... its a long thread but I'm enjoying the read and it feels like I'm gaining a very valuable education. I just wondered, about the action just shown on EURUSD. Dan mentioned earlier he didn't like this on the upside and I thought the same thing when I looked at it this morning (not so sure why now :-/)

anyway, this morning it seemed to be setting up nicely for a long, the ma's stacked up nicely and in correct order... is the reason this wasn't mentioned (it actually may have been mentioned in the live room, im not in there yet so just going off dans morning report) that the weekly pivot and 4hr 50 are both in the way? or am i missing something?

also with gold up and crude seeming to be heading up (?) these would suggest dollar weakness too right?

On a side point, it mentions in the first post on pimpology that the dow is now the chairman of the club (in the place of crude, right?) but i've seen no mention of this in the rest of the thread so far... should i be following the dow or some other index for leading correlation? or still oil + gold?

hope my questions aren't too ridiculous. happy pippin'
Ben

Last edited:
Nice Oil trading boys!!

My day started horribly and over 100pips down with EURUSD and EURJPY messing around, I then got spooked out of an Aussie trade that I should have stuck with but my confidence was low then.

Got it back to trade the CAD, my favourite trades of the day.
I traded USDCAD short on the break of the Ma's for 120 pips and then again on the 1-2-3 for 98 pips. Chart attached.

Also took CADJPY long (it moves opposite to USDCAD) for very similar pips on the initial break and the 1-2-3. Chart attached. Nice bounces off the 20ma's as per the strategy.

A bad day turned around into a good day.
Thanks for everything Dan, Zak & James

Attachments

• usdcad.gif
    usdcad.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 177
  • cadjpy.gif
    cadjpy.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 162
Hi Ben
For me some of the correlations seem to be off lately. Oil seems to be most closely related to the indices more than any of the currencies. I didn't take the longs the boys did, only my short finger was working!
You are bang on with the Euro though.
Best wishes
Nicola

hi guys and girls. I've been reading through Zak's thread with great interest, the concepts and so on are very well explained. I'm up to about page 65... its a long thread but I'm enjoying the read and it feels like I'm gaining a very valuable education. I just wondered, about the action just shown on EURUSD. Dan mentioned earlier he didn't like this on the upside and I thought the same thing when I looked at it this morning (not so sure why now :-/)

anyway, this morning it seemed to be setting up nicely for a long, the ma's stacked up nicely and in correct order... is the reason this wasn't mentioned (it actually may have been mentioned in the live room, im not in there yet so just going off dans morning report) that the weekly pivot and 4hr 50 are both in the way? or am i missing something?

also with gold up and crude seeming to be heading up (?) these would suggest dollar weakness too right?

On a side point, it mentions in the first post on pimpology that the dow is now the chairman of the club (in the place of crude, right?) but i've seen no mention of this in the rest of the thread so far... should i be following the dow or some other index for leading correlation? or still oil + gold?

hope my questions aren't too ridiculous. happy pippin'
Ben

Elite,

Thank you for the help. Worked perfectly

Ged :clap:

Hi Ged
Some really nice club member made a video of how to do it but I cannot find it right now. I will post the link when I find it or hopefully they will see this and post it.

In the meantime:

1. Download and save the template files on your computer and remember where you saved them. Easiest way is to create a new folder to put them in.
2. Open my computer, and also the file folder you just created.
3. In my computer go to C drive, then program files and then to the metatrader folder (mine is called ODL metatrader) and open it up. In there you will see a folder called templates. Copy the *.tpl file from your download files into there.
4. Within metatrader you will also see a folder called experts and in that folder you will see a folder called indicators. Copy all the *.mq4 and *.ex4 files from your downloaded files into there.

Close the folders and open and run metatrader. Open a chart. When you are looking at the chart right click it and scroll down the menu to template. Select Fx500club and the chart should change to ones that look like Dans.

Hope that helps. You are going to love it on Tuesday.
Nicola

Nicola are you using the CCI alerter ? me tried to put it in the right folders but ???? it doesn't show on mt4 .. any hint man ?

Another question, I notice that for Dan's template as opposed to Zak's, Dan has only the immediate CCI's and signal on the 15m and 1hr timeframes, is this because you use the ma's as a guide to, for example, the 1hr and 4hr trend when trading the 15m? or does the strategy work a bit differently? I see the 1hr CCI is included on the 5m timeframe as well as the 15m CCI and 1m 20CCI, is the 1hr there just for using the 5m as entry for a longer term strategy? Thanks again.
And sorry to keep referring to you mr dan and zak as if you aren't reading, maybe i should just call it the fx500d and fx500z strategy, i dunno :p

It is the same strategy and the charts are slightly different ...
Dan does not use the 84CCI on his 15min chart because he arranges his screens so that his 60min chart is sitting above is 15min chart on his computer and he looks at both at the same time. That way Dan can still see his 60min 21CCI (the 84CCI on the 15min)
I hope that malkes sense!
If you only have room for one chart put the Pimps up!
Nicola

Another question, I notice that for Dan's template as opposed to Zak's, Dan has only the immediate CCI's and signal on the 15m and 1hr timeframes, is this because you use the ma's as a guide to, for example, the 1hr and 4hr trend when trading the 15m? or does the strategy work a bit differently? I see the 1hr CCI is included on the 5m timeframe as well as the 15m CCI and 1m 20CCI, is the 1hr there just for using the 5m as entry for a longer term strategy? Thanks again.
And sorry to keep referring to you mr dan and zak as if you aren't reading, maybe i should just call it the fx500d and fx500z strategy, i dunno :p

I thought i would share this as I should be responsible for posting about bad days as well as good, did a total schoolboy error today.

Was about 35 pips up, EURUSD and cable looking to go short at about 7.50am. So set it up, with some targets, didnt put a stop loss (LESSON 1!), the most valuable lesson however, is to NEVER WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER WHEN THE MARKET IS ABOUT TO OPEN!

Silly dunderhead me went down to make a coffee "oh it will only take 2 minutes". 8.02am, went back upstairs and cable and EURUSD shot through the roof! Destroying me for 180 pips!

Ok it wouldnt have been a tragic real life loss (£10.70), but lucky i was still on the demo account.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

It is the same strategy and the charts are slightly different ...
Dan does not use the 84CCI on his 15min chart because he arranges his screens so that his 60min chart is sitting above is 15min chart on his computer and he looks at both at the same time. That way Dan can still see his 60min 21CCI (the 84CCI on the 15min)
I hope that malkes sense!
If you only have room for one chart put the Pimps up!
Nicola

cheers for the tips nicola. do you know how i edit the template directly to change the candles to a slightly slimmer one? they are looking a bit chubby on pimps template hence i'm using dans slimmer one. I've worked out how to do it to an individual chart but not the actual template itself...

also, in general, are you guys happy to trade without knowing the state of the 4hr trend? as even on el pimps template you can see only the distance (of the price action) from the 4hr 20ma on the 15m and not how 'cooked' that 4hr trend is, you need to jump to the 60m chart to see that CCI

Thanks

You have exhausted my tech knowledge, sorry! I know some guys use a dark background because it is easier on the eyes. I think if you right click a heiken ashi then a properties menu should come up. In there under colors you can adjust the width or thickness of the candles.

Personally I always look at the 4hr ma's and CCI by checking that chart first but I agree it would be more convenient to see it on one chart. I have sold or bought into the 4hr ma's and have the pip losses to prove it :(

QUOTE=bearface;637540]cheers for the tips nicola. do you know how i edit the template directly to change the candles to a slightly slimmer one? they are looking a bit chubby on pimps template hence i'm using dans slimmer one. I've worked out how to do it to an individual chart but not the actual template itself...

also, in general, are you guys happy to trade without knowing the state of the 4hr trend? as even on el pimps template you can see only the distance (of the price action) from the 4hr 20ma on the 15m and not how 'cooked' that 4hr trend is, you need to jump to the 60m chart to see that CCI

Thanks[/QUOTE]

bearface

do you know how i edit the template directly to change the candles to a slightly slimmer one?

bearface,

Whatever changes you make to an individual chart, just re-save the template. The template will now be permanently altered, whatever chart you henceforth apply it to.

You may want to save the template under another name so you keep the original.

Hope this helps,

Decorum

well that eurusd this morning was buying into the 4hr 50, but perhaps the 20 is more important, will be interesting to see what people think...

I usually look all 4h 1h 15m and 5m too lately

base is :
know the trend , trade accodingly ( sometime is also a retrace of the trend ) ,use 1h as a base to get safer moves , when you catch move on the 1h ( trigger on lower frame cci .. ) look at 15m for entry point , and narrow to the 5m to get even safer moves ..

hopw to stick to the rules

thanks for the input everyone. whatever i do to pimps candles i can't make them look as nice and defined as dan's!! dan please share the secret of your lovely well-defined candles?

my candles look very same ,, ,, , ,, ,
just loaded up templates and indicators . .. . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.