It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello...

A great thread you have here Dan et al - just finished reading through it.

I'm now starting on Zak's thread...

Have signed up for a guest pass on fx500 so hopefully I can join everyone on Monday am.

Will be extremely interesting to see what I have read, in action.

Anything else I should know, read, do, not-do, etc, guys and gals?

Decorum

p.s. I can attest to the multiple screens - trading will never be the same again!

Ikea Strategy

Bring on monday morning then...

One last point b4 i head to the office and put an ikea desk together. Could be there all day!!!
See u tom at 7.00am.
D

Dan

I hope you are as successful with the desk assembly strategy as you are with your trading :clover:, otherwise you will not be a happy chap when James & Zak arrive in the morning to find you :sleep: under a not quite finished Ikea desk

CU in the morning
best
Paul

FX500Club Rules

A great thread you have here Dan et al - just finished reading through it.

I'm now starting on Zak's thread...

Have signed up for a guest pass on fx500 so hopefully I can join everyone on Monday am.

Will be extremely interesting to see what I have read, in action.

Anything else I should know, read, do, not-do, etc, guys and gals?

Decorum

p.s. I can attest to the multiple screens - trading will never be the same again!

Hi Decorum

Yeah, absolutely...

Know - dress code casual
Read - the threads over and over and over again
Do - enjoy, soak it all up like a sponge, bring your sense of humour
Not-do - ever give up, run out of tea/coffee
Etc - maybe bring a spare screwdriver or Allen key in case Dan is still fiddling with his desk (haa haa hee hee Dan Dan the DIY man)
Guys and gals - lots of both, but the gals are by far the loveliest!

Woohoo, yeehaa ENJOY!!!! :smart:

I won't wish you luck, your luck is already in finding this thread.

Like your name by the way.

RS

Last edited:
Dan

I hope you are as successful with the desk assembly strategy as you are with your trading :clover:, otherwise you will not be a happy chap when James & Zak arrive in the morning to find you :sleep: under a not quite finished Ikea desk

CU in the morning
best
Paul

Hi

My new comfy chair is looking good and standing tall in the office!!! Perfectly assembled and proud of my achievement...

Unfortunately for James... He forgot one vital attachment to his desk, so thats left in a heap in the corner. He would forget his head each morning if it wasnt attached to his body!!!

I do wonder about the youth of today.

See ya tom.

D

Thank you for the welcome RS.

Looking forward to Monday.

Decorum

Welcome Decorum..

Speak to you in the room tom am.

I have eaten more today than many would in a week...Not sure if i'll fit into my chair at this rate!

See u tom.

D

Forex markets plunge amidst report of crash...

One last point b4 i head to the office and put an ikea desk together. Could be there all day!!!

D

Hmmmm

Dan and DIY, could be dodgy.

Tomorrow's headlines could read...

"Forex markets around the world were plunged into chaos around 7.00am UK time this morning after panicked reports of a crash in all the key currency pairs was thought to have originated from the well known stable and prosperous UK Overseas Territory of Gibraltar.

However, this was later attributed to a successful currency trader placing too many screens on his badly erected Ikea table which collapsed and pulled the plug on his forex charts.

When later interviewed the guilty trader muttered, "there was a bit missing in the box, but I couldn't be bothered to go back. I thought the sellotape would hold but..."

Markets later recovered but the trader in question has since been banned from all DIY work until he has passed the relevant tests".

Keep an eye on the news...

Last edited:
Demo-lition account

I don't always have great days ... Friday was one of them.
I was making really bad calls on Friday and I am not good AT ALL at trading retracements.
I started good with making pips on UJ and then lost them all so I decided to get better at trading retracements by practising on a demo account Friday and save my real money pips.
I started out by opening the account 1/10 the size I thought I had (missed a zero) so my first trade was 10 times bigger than it should have been and when I lost my account was not down 3% but 30%. It all went downhill from there and I blew the account up :(
Confidence knocked I am glad I have had the weekend off to get it back and I'm ready for Monday again. I am very glad it was a demo account.

See you all Monday,
Nicola

Hi RS,

Thought i would ask you this as Dan is probably busy. Am having a trial day in the room on Tuesday and didnt want to bother Dan with this as he sounds like he has so much on.
Ive nver really used MT4 before and have just spent 4 hours trying to set up all these indicators on the charts and have got different colours coming out of my ears but the charts are still not set up right. If i copy the templates into the MT4 folder will that open them up in the correct setup or do i have to input each indicator one by one.

Got a bit mixed up as i was setting my charts up as per the TSD thread and then got the email to the room from Dan and saw different files to set up.

Is there an easier way to do this as im having a nightmare with this and am due in the room on Tuesday and hoping to join full time with you guys/gals.

Thanks in advance

Ged :rolleyes:

Hi Jev

I use the SuperWoodie CCI which is almost the same as the FXSniper CCI that Dan uses - the only difference is that SuperWoodie doesn't show the yellow just before it turns red or green indicating a new trend. (Sniper slows down my pc for some reason). After you have loaded it, if you want to define it better go to:

View
Navigator
Indicators (not Custom Indicators)
Moving Average
Click and drag onto the CCI window
Change the "Period" to "1"
In "Apply to" select "Previous Indicator's Data"
Change colour to "black" or "hot pink" or whatever you prefer
Select the line thickness you prefer
Click ok​

Hey presto, nicely outlined CCI.

Let me know if you have any problems.

RS

Hi Ged
Some really nice club member made a video of how to do it but I cannot find it right now. I will post the link when I find it or hopefully they will see this and post it.

In the meantime:

1. Download and save the template files on your computer and remember where you saved them. Easiest way is to create a new folder to put them in.
2. Open my computer, and also the file folder you just created.
3. In my computer go to C drive, then program files and then to the metatrader folder (mine is called ODL metatrader) and open it up. In there you will see a folder called templates. Copy the *.tpl file from your download files into there.
4. Within metatrader you will also see a folder called experts and in that folder you will see a folder called indicators. Copy all the *.mq4 and *.ex4 files from your downloaded files into there.

Close the folders and open and run metatrader. Open a chart. When you are looking at the chart right click it and scroll down the menu to template. Select Fx500club and the chart should change to ones that look like Dans.

Hope that helps. You are going to love it on Tuesday.
Nicola

Hi RS,

Thought i would ask you this as Dan is probably busy. Am having a trial day in the room on Tuesday and didnt want to bother Dan with this as he sounds like he has so much on.
Ive nver really used MT4 before and have just spent 4 hours trying to set up all these indicators on the charts and have got different colours coming out of my ears but the charts are still not set up right. If i copy the templates into the MT4 folder will that open them up in the correct setup or do i have to input each indicator one by one.

Got a bit mixed up as i was setting my charts up as per the TSD thread and then got the email to the room from Dan and saw different files to set up.

Is there an easier way to do this as im having a nightmare with this and am due in the room on Tuesday and hoping to join full time with you guys/gals.

Thanks in advance

Ged :rolleyes:

Good morning , good day Dan .
I Wanted to share one of my morning trade , I didn't want to make it ( oil .. likely a retracement more then a change of trend , surely a middle term retracement ,,talking of a long trade , entry point on chart , went out nicely near top .. btw oil still heading higher .. ) but everything looked good , and really it seemed to me rules were-all-there & calling the trade , so I eventually made it ..
on the 4h chart trend looked still down though ..

Dan your commments would be very welcome as always , maybe I was just lucky and setup was not proper , maybe it was .. still learning ..

1h chart , 15m chart , am today

have good day all

Attachments

• Immagine.GIF
    Immagine.GIF
    24.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Im2.GIF
    Im2.GIF
    22.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Good morning all

EURGBP – The EUR is holding up well against GBP. Previous high at 0.9800 and we are only 300 points away. As you know it’s its all about the entry on a trade. No clear entry this morning but best to buy on dips when triggers are in place

GOLD – Daily chart shows break of the resistance level. This is a solid move for GOLD but we need to see a pullback before a further move higher. The 4hr Trigger is overbought and we should see a pullback. The 15min chart still looks supported with the price resting above the DP. However 15min trigger is overbought and potential of double top at $900.00/$904.00 could be on. I will be looking for next long entry when 60min trigger comes back into play. Now its broken the major daily resistance is this the time we see a big push towards the old high at $1,000.00

AUDUSD – The AUD has been trading a little messy recently but a lower high on the 60min chart has formed. A break below the DP at 0.6495 should see a move lower down to the DS1 at 0.6415 level.

EURUSD – Support at 1.2861 and resistance at 1.2955. The 60min chart is again messy down here but a break of support and the 1.2850 level should see a move to last weeks low at MS1 1.2760. I still feel weakness in the EUR and wont be looking at long plays unless we break the 4hr 20ma at 1.2960 level. A break here should see a move to the WP at 1.3020

CABLE – Support 1.3500. The main push down in CABLE has happened and the market could be a little jumpy down here or at least until we break old lows. I am still looking for further losses in GBP. The 15min chart suggests support at 1.3540. Be careful as last weeks low was 1.3500 so not a huge gap to play with. A break above the 1.3675 would see a move to the 60min 50ma. As mentioned I am not overly keen on a long GBP play and would like to see proof that support is coming back into the market. Eg Support off the 4hr 20ma.

Enjoy and let’s make some pips.

Dan

Good morning all

Well GBP has taken off today and sellers closing positions after not managing to break through the 1.3540 level.

I took a short in EURUSD on the break of the DP at 1.2898 and banked part at 1.2875 ahead of the 1.2860 support. This time the low didnt break and the support came back into the market. I closed the balance out for 1.2923.

AUDUSD order got hit just below the DP support at 0.6498. I should have cancelled the order as the trigger was well down and not setup for a short as mentioned in the room. A blunder on my part and 50 pips lost. With USD weakness all round AUD took off and i was in trouble. That happens with orders and always best to trade with triggers as u know...

We looked at USDCAD and i decided against it as i zoned in on EURUSD, EURJPY & AUDUSD. The USDCAD ended up being the play of the day to be honest and one that got away.

Hands up not a good day for me... I knew the 60min charts were showing signs of support and shoudl have stayed away and looked for 123 longs. Thats trading, thats life and i move on.

Will regroup and move on...

Oh yes i did make 20 pips in GOLD but thats it b4 breakfast. Trying to be clever and should have waited for turn around for the upside.

See you later.

D

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 163
  • usdcad.gif
    usdcad.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 161
Not convinced with this EURUSD on the upside...

Will be watching for any weakness again.

D

Good morning , good day Dan .
I Wanted to share one of my morning trade , I didn't want to make it ( oil .. likely a retracement more then a change of trend , surely a middle term retracement ,,talking of a long trade , entry point on chart , went out nicely near top .. btw oil still heading higher .. ) but everything looked good , and really it seemed to me rules were-all-there & calling the trade , so I eventually made it ..
on the 4h chart trend looked still down though ..

Dan your commments would be very welcome as always , maybe I was just lucky and setup was not proper , maybe it was .. still learning ..

1h chart , 15m chart , am today

have good day all

Hi

Spot on my friend...

The 15min trigger was perfect. Nice retracement onto the DP and then take off.

And there is me getting kicked into AUDUSD with the trigger as low as can be. Huff!!!

Well traded, perfect setup.

D

Hi

Well done SImon...140 pips in the bank on that OIL trade.

D

Attachments

• oil.gif
    oil.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.