It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, discipline and patience is what i'm lacking at the moment.

Came home from work, frustrated i was 10 pips down from the morning.

Tried to scalp, claw, bite my way back, nothing went my way, was another 20 pips down. Then, calmed down, really focused on looking for an opportunity. Longed on USDJPY, banked 60 points. My most so far, i could get more, but i was happy here.

Im chuffed today, ok only 30 pips up, but I'm happy

30 pips is good Kappa...Positive pips count to the weekly target..

Good man...see u tom.

D

Good morning all.

Looks like a tricky morning on the Yen pairs. In fact it’s not clear cut on the Swissies either.We can’t go long on the Yens into the moving averages and on the CHF side we can only possibly play a short against the trend on EURCHF which is banging its head against the WR1 level. Not one for me but can see the attraction.

USDJPY-Eventually broke the all important .65 level yesterday afternoon. Sadly I had already closed with a small loss. Well done to those of you who had your stops beyond the daily pivot.Looks supported this morning but with 60m 50sma and 4hr 20ema at 89.80 there doesn’t appear to be an opportunity here at the moment.

GBPJPY-Took another pounding with sterling yesterday. Now wedged between 60m 20&50 we need to wait for a break either side then a 123 to confirm.

EURJPY-Has had a nice retracement to the 4hr 20ema. Is it able to break? We’ll have to wait and see, but can not go short into the 60m 20ema, nor long into the 4hr 20 so a difficult time and best to sit on the fence with all 3 of these yens and wait for the next direction.

USDCHF-Broke the daily 50sma at 1.1500 and now looking to target MR1 at 1.1800. Looking tired and needs to pullback a little but again, can’t short into averages. Need to wait for consolidation.

GBPCHF-The plan of the afternoon was foiled by GBPJPY & Cable pulling this down, but anyone who remembered the diagram on the 5m chart could have made a nice couple of hundred had they recognized the 123 that occurred a few hours later. Looks like potential double-top material on the 60m chart and I am sitting this one out for the moment.

EURCHF-Probably the best opportunity here to go short through 1.5040. Has had a massive run with EURUSD late yesterday and would need a retracement, but be very careful as this pair has been a little unpredictable the last few day.I will take a small short on this IF the 1.5040 level breaks, targeting the 60m 20ema some 100 pips lower.

So to summarize…..Everything is in no-mans-land at present and we’re needing some breaks to guage direction. One slightly risky proposition would have to be EURCHF ONLY if it breaks the 1.5040 with a tight 30 pip stop targeting the 1.4950 level. Play this with reduced stake.

Have a good day
Zak

Good morning all

Trust you are all well…*Watching 15min charts for double tops in EURUSD & CABLE. Wait for move and wait for break either side of resistance and support. The DPs are just below in CABLE and EURUSD and any break of these will signal further weakness today.

———————————————————

EURUSD – The EUR bounced from 1.2800 to 1.3100 last night. The question today will we continue the downtrend or continue the bounce. Only look for shorts with a break below the 60min 50ma at 1.2950 as this will signal further weakness this morning. Not convinced that the bounce will last long and that the squeeze will be short lived. Watch EURJPY as guidance for EUR.

CABLE – Short squeeze last night from 1.3600 to 1.4000…Looking for further weakness today but again only if GBP breaks below the 60min MA at 1.3880. Look for a move down to the DP at 1.3840 and then if this level is broken, look for a retest of the 1.3600 level. A break above the 1.3975 level would see a pullback to the DR1 at 1.4065. Watch GBPJPY as guidance for GBP.

OIL – Held 4 hr support…. Draw 4hr triangle and wait for break. A break below $41.75 would mean the price of OIL is ready to fall. I will be staying away from this market until the triangle and support level is broken.

EURGBP – The trend is up with GBP in deep trouble. Small channel forming on 15min chart. A break above 0.9375 would see a move to the old highs and a break down from 0.9325 would see a move to the 60min 50ma. I don’t favour the downward move as there is not a huge gap so be very careful here. Trade with the trend as much as possible.

USDCAD – A break below 4hr 20ma at 1.2560 would signal a move to the previous low. Watch the 1.2540 level but if this breaks look for a play down to the DS1 level at 1.2500.

Enjoy… I am excited to see where GBP and EUR head this morning…

Dan

Good morning all

As we know EUR and GBP are very much oversold...Its always risky to continue to go short but if the opportunities arise its worth having a go with a protected stop.

The Daily Pivots on the JPYs and GBP were all below so it was all about the gap down to them and the potential for further moves south.

The DPs were hit twice in CABLE b4 finding small support and bounced back up to the 25 level...I will wait for next entry.

Many would have been up over 60-80 pips in GBPJPY and CABLE but it was how u manged these positions to how many pips u made.

CABLE - Short at 1.3898 - Banked at 1.3840 & 50 & stopped balance at 1.3900.
EURGBP - Long at 0.9360 - Banked at 0.9385 - Didnt want to be too heavily short in GBP.
USDCAD - Short at 1.2568 - Banked at 1.2540 on 50% - Looking for DS1 on balance.

See u this afternoon.

Dan

Attachments

• usdcad.gif
    usdcad.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 176
Out USDCAD at 40 and 55...A few cheeky ones in the bank...

Very messy.

Still like eur and CABLE lower.

Ok starving..Brekkie time.

The room got into CABLE again at 1.3885...Stop at 35.

Hit 15min trigger as usual.

We need this to break below 1.3800

Go CABLE Go.

GBPJPY will help it if it can break DP.

D

Hi all

CABLE and GBPJPY finally behave.

CABLE - Short at 1.3885 - Banked at 1.3800 and 1.3755. Holding part.
GBPJPY - Short at 123.00 - Banked at 122.28. Holding part.

Love it when a plan comes together.

Dan

PS Well doen to u all as well...Quite a few of u banking 100 pips. Lovely.

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 171
  • gbpjpy.gif
    gbpjpy.gif
    20 KB · Views: 173
Hi Dan . Good day .
Thanks for all .

Little quest to get me it clerarest possible while still learning -

was into eur/usd , traced a minor trend ( purple ) and looked for cci confirmations on the break of the trend , all seemed right but you said to wait for break of daily pivot / ma50 .

Can you comment ?

Many thanks .

15m ch
1h ch

Attachments

• imm.GIF
    imm.GIF
    33.4 KB · Views: 158
  • imm1h.GIF
    imm1h.GIF
    14.1 KB · Views: 164
Vvv tight play as 15min trigger down. Stop at 75 above DP. Would only be a 7 pip loss.

Lets see

D

EURUSD - Short at 1.2968. Closed at 1.2938 for 50%, 25% at 1.2930 and 25% at 1.2968

See u tom.

D

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 149
  • eurusd1.gif
    eurusd1.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 141
Hi Dan . Good day .
Thanks for all .

Little quest to get me it clerarest possible while still learning -

was into eur/usd , traced a minor trend ( purple ) and looked for cci confirmations on the break of the trend , all seemed right but you said to wait for break of daily pivot / ma50 .

Can you comment ?

Many thanks .

15m ch
1h ch

Daily Pivot was the clear support for EURUSD. It bounced off here on 15min chart twice at 70. Order placed at 68 for break. CCI 7 retraced for the 123, then bam the DP broke.

The 60min 50ma was last line of defence thats all...

Cheers

D

Oil day!

Hello Dan
Over 750 pips today thanks to Oil (350 pips) and the Yens (thanks Zak) and cable.

For the third week in a row I have made a killing on oil inventories day. All the oil news is about contango, the backlog of supplies and refinery utilisation but each week the market is surprised by a high inventory number.
I stayed out of oil all day until it crossed the 1hr 20ma and I got a 123 right before inventories. Your king of ma's and your strategy did good for me today.

Thanks for everything you have taught me!
Nicola

Attachments

• oilinventory.gif
    oilinventory.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Great work team...

Just think how many pips we will all be making in 6 months.

This is a journey and u will get better and better. It doesnt matter how long it takes, as you will all get there. For some it happens quickly and others a little longer. Who cares as long as we all get to our chosen targets!!

Ok off to dinner with Monkey.

D

Last edited:
WOWSER!

I'm so happy today.

Passed 2 of my CIMA exams,

and at the same time : 120 pips!!!

Ok not much compared to some, my first >100 pip day!

I shorted on cable this morning, banked half (25 pips) when it went below DP. Also saw EURGBP was on the up also. Before work I set some loose stops and targets.

Come home to see 120 pips sitting there looking at me!

Ok its only demo trading at the moment, but its looking good, this week (first week of real up at 6am trading) its been like this :

Mon : 20 ish pips
Tues : 36 (if we discount my foray into gold :( wont be doing that for a while)
Wed : 40 pips
Thursday : 120 pips!

If that isnt an example of how much help you guys give then I dont know what is! (been researching and testing out forex since december)

Really chuffed, thanks Dan, Zak, James, Nicola, everyone!

Kapil

Thanks Julie, If only ...
I still do some really dumb things. I got stopped out twice today for zero pips because of my own stupidity after I had been up a lot of pips on both trades.
Here is my Looney (USDCAD) story of the day and a good example of what I do sometimes ...

Got up at 01:30 to study charts before live room starts and get ready.
2:00AM get Dan & Zaks briefing and compare with my charts.
Decide I like USDCAD amongst others and put it up next to oil and the dow on my screens to see what it is going on.
Wait 4 hours for the set up to happen and enter the short trade.
Going well, an hour later and I am up +75 pips. Price stops sliding and some greens appear on my 15min chart but I tell myself it is temporary and trade will continue down when 20ma catches up. We are within 30 pips of Dan's target but I stubbornly decide no matter what we are going to get there. Price keeps going up and an hour later I am stopped out at breakeven for no pips.

This happened twice, just today :( I am going to work on it!

Wow Nicola

You are the pip-meister!

Julie

WOWSER!

I'm so happy today.

Passed 2 of my CIMA exams,

and at the same time : 120 pips!!!

Ok not much compared to some, my first >100 pip day!

I shorted on cable this morning, banked half (25 pips) when it went below DP. Also saw EURGBP was on the up also. Before work I set some loose stops and targets.

Come home to see 120 pips sitting there looking at me!

Ok its only demo trading at the moment, but its looking good, this week (first week of real up at 6am trading) its been like this :

Mon : 20 ish pips
Tues : 36 (if we discount my foray into gold :( wont be doing that for a while)
Wed : 40 pips
Thursday : 120 pips!

If that isnt an example of how much help you guys give then I dont know what is! (been researching and testing out forex since december)

Really chuffed, thanks Dan, Zak, James, Nicola, everyone!

Kapil

Kapil

You deserve it... Well traded and keep up the good work.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.