It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jev-
are you using the mt4 from odl? i think that's the answer cause it shows up 'OIL' as being brent crude non-future whereas there are variations on the same platform (mt4) depending on the providers options eg whc,metaquotes,odl etc. i just switched from whc to odl mt4.

Do I have to set up an account or can I download the MT4...do you have a link for the MT4 download from odl...thanks
Jev

thanks steve...after 30 days do I have to set up an account to carry on getting MT4?

Would think so Jev, 1st time I've had it myself as I've been trading using spreadbetting platforms before now. Alternatively in a month you can set up another email and register for another 30day demo - that's only 12 new emails a year - can u keep track?!:LOL:

Very nice call indeed...pure professional... all the way back upto daily S1 support.

Excellent stuff

Dave
OK so I came out after the first run for 40pips in the bag. Re-entered after the retracement seemed to be climbing then saw it nose-dive. Out for 50 but still up on the day phew. What signs should you be looking for to tell you this is going to happen!

Would think so Jev, 1st time I've had it myself as I've been trading using spreadbetting platforms before now. Alternatively in a month you can set up another email and register for another 30day demo - that's only 12 new emails a year - can u keep track?!:LOL:

I might keep the MT4 I've got for the mo...have you got the 'Waddah Attar Pivot' on your MT4...this appears in the top left hand corner of Dan's charts?

OK so I came out after the first run for 40pips in the bag. Re-entered after the retracement seemed to be climbing then saw it nose-dive. Out for 50 but still up on the day phew. What signs should you be looking for to tell you this is going to happen!

Increased heart rate, sweaty palms, dry mouth and loose bowels!

Reactions: BSD
Arhh quick look b4 dinner. Agh great made 50 and TP took me out...Lovely!!!

Glad a few of u have made a few pips on that trade.

Got lots more like that and lots more ideas to make more pips.

Really enjoy teaching and get a good buzz from it.

Ok misses telling me off...Got dinner now.

See u all tom.

D

Increased heart rate, sweaty palms, dry mouth and loose bowels!

lol i like it. It happened too quick for even a bead of sweat to form to be honest. Felt like 20secs, there I was 10 points up, chart going a little sideways... then bam 50 down! The forex sure moves.:eek:
All good experience and part of the learning curve!

Last edited:
Morning guys. Not seeing a lot of direction yet today, Crude is definitely very quiet.......

Crude has broken above the daily pivot and we can see the cross of the 1hr 20ma & 1hr 50. An upside target of 102.75 if it can hold the 5 min 20. One to watch and not play this am.

Gold is boxed in between the daily and weekly pivot. A downside break of 878 and a 123 move would signal a continuation move from yesterday.

EURUSD is setup below all our hourly moving averages and looks like it wants to move south.

GBPUSD is setup similar to EURUSD in that it is below our hourly 20 & 50 ma. A break of 1.7800 with a 1st target of 1.7755.

Speak to u later.

Will get you in the chat later on today.

D

Last edited:
GOLD is def the most attractive at the moment...The rest i am just watching.

Yeah CABLE just bounced off 5min support level and weekly S3 just below so not sure how much more this can go without a pullback....

Last edited:
Ok Gold is retracing which is good. Would prefer to see CRUDE look more bearish as RULE 14 states how far can GOLD really fall if CRUDE is going up.

D

Morning all,

Went short on GOLD at 879.1, as CCI 252 and 63 crossed into the negative, and price went below 50 and 240 MA on the 5 min chart. Closed at 877.2, being spooked by the fact that crude looked to be slowly rising. +19 points. Was this a bad play Dan?

Carl

I think i am searching..When i have to search for a trade i need to step back and not jump in.

Patience!!!

Morning all,

Went short on GOLD at 879.1, as CCI 252 and 63 crossed into the negative, and price went below 50 and 240 MA on the 5 min chart. Closed at 877.2, being spooked by the fact that crude looked to be slowly rising. +19 points. Was this a bad play Dan?

Carl

Its a testing morning... I do like GOLD lower but as u say CRUDE is asking questions.

Not a bad play...Lets see how it moves in the next few minutes.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.