It is all a Fugazsy

trade 2 and 3.

trade 2 after the BO of the trend bear bar I had a bull bar, now the idea is to place a sell stop order below that bar with a SL above it, meaning bulls are getting trapped in a strong bear....well instead of placing a sell stop I placed (wrongly) a buy stop order instead, I did not realise it on the spot but when I was trying to set my SL above that bar it would not let me....I soon as I realised I closed the trade.....Am I getting too old at this?........ -4.2

Trade3 a fail final flag and a fail BO risked 3.7 made 10.7 (slippage)

Hi Fugazsy,

Good consistent thread and hope to pop in more often.

My perspective on the Euro is very much bullish whether agreement is reached with Greece or not. Expecting it to test 1.10 for the E/U and probably breach it once outcome is certain.

In the mean time fwiw I think it will trend sideways between 1.08 - 1.10 and would only entertain longs.

(y)

Hi Fugazsy,

Good consistent thread and hope to pop in more often.

My perspective on the Euro is very much bullish whether agreement is reached with Greece or not. Expecting it to test 1.10 for the E/U and probably breach it once outcome is certain.

In the mean time fwiw I think it will trend sideways between 1.08 - 1.10 and would only entertain longs.

(y)

Hi Atilla

Thanks for you comment, please pop in any time you like with your observations, I am sure we will all gain from it..

After I read your post I went and looked briefly at the daily....not clear to me.....yes 1050 a lot of resistance...

Hi Atilla

Thanks for you comment, please pop in any time you like with your observations, I am sure we will all gain from it..

After I read your post I went and looked briefly at the daily....not clear to me.....yes 1050 a lot of resistance...

I was expecting 1.10-1.08 to be strong support on it's way down but it got breached and we saw 1.05.

Agree until some clear headway 1.10 also likely to be strong resistance.

Dollar's strength will impact the US sooner or later and feel Europe isn't that badly off, no different to else where. At these rates Europe should do better than the US in due course.

I don't call trades I'm a afraid but having established direction will trade in that direction.

I was expecting 1.10-1.08 to be strong support on it's way down but it got breached and we saw 1.05.

Agree until some clear headway 1.10 also likely to be strong resistance.

Dollar's strength will impact the US sooner or later and feel Europe isn't that badly off, no different to else where. At these rates Europe should do better than the US in due course.

I don't call trades I'm a afraid but having established direction will trade in that direction.

Hi Atilla

Interesting.....

Technically bulls needs to deal with this leg (marked), is a solid leg and has moved fast....did not go to test the recent low though and may have formed an HL, which has produced already two legs up (a double top bear flag)...would be interesting to see how this day will finish, if it ends as a bear inside bar or reversal bar, bears my be keen to try again for a test of the recent low or at least a test of the HL

only my view

Attachments

• daily.png
    daily.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hi Atilla

Interesting.....

Technically bulls needs to deal with this leg (marked), is a solid leg and has moved fast....did not go to test the recent low though and may have formed an HL, which has produced already two legs up (a double top bear flag)...would be interesting to see how this day will finish, if it ends as a bear inside bar or reversal bar, bears my be keen to try again for a test of the recent low or at least the HL

only my view

Downside is 1.0720's for me. If it goes below 1.07 I'm out (got it wrong) as see it as area of confusion and Greece may take it there but as I say I'm expecting either with them in or out to be positive on the EU.

I favour the upside as the dark side doesn't have much pull at the mo. I could be wrong too. As I have more time will gander more :)

Ok cool here a few obviously cherry picked ones that went well (please note im Im trading micro account and still very much learning, but have been obsessed witht his for a few years now and am starting to get somewhere at last I think)

This to me is a nice one colour smooth pullback in clear up trend with space to move to the source of the PB. There is clear weakness in the down move as it fails to continue when approaching the first obvious level to be looking for PBs at, the stall and then a beautiful trap/fake out that closes as a doji. Im long at break above doji with stop below and TP1 at the high of the large bearish bar, TP2 was v much higher intending to trail but I got stopped around BE

14-04-15_-_PB.png

Downside is 1.0720's for me. If it goes below 1.07 I'm out (got it wrong) as see it as area of confusion and Greece may take it there but as I say I'm expecting either with them in or out to be positive on the EU.

I favour the upside as the dark side doesn't have much pull at the mo. I could be wrong too. As I have more time will gander more :)

Atilla

I see what you mean and I hope you are right....

Personally I only described what I see technically without taking in consideration the fundy....and I can be deadly wrong as I have been many times ....beside I s@ck predicting long term views....I am better knowing where is going to be in the next 10 minutes........

Heres another I am still in as we speak.

Again, smooth one colour PB after break out, weakness at logical level with the bars reducing in range and lower wicks starting to show, im long above the arrowed bar with stop below, TP1 at big round number 1.500, TP2 is right at the top (not expecting to get there v often) with rough trailing stop behind trend line and / or significant bars

abc.png

Heres another I am still in as we speak.

Again, smooth one colour PB after break out, weakness at logical level with the bars reducing in range and lower wicks starting to show, im long above the arrowed bar with stop below, TP1 at big round number 1.500, TP2 is right at the top (not expecting to get there v often) with rough trailing stop behind trend line and / or significant bars

View attachment 189280

Paddy

Nice.

12 hours sterling?

Heres my view of the EU

The first arrow was a beautiful clean 'test' set up that I didn't take as avoiding counter trend trades as much as possible, however this one was lovely. The TL was broken, weak test of the extreme low with obvious weakness.

Now im looking for either a clean test of the top of the range or a BOF to get short, or a BPB long (or a BPB short obviously).

Edit - sorry the 1st arrow didnt come out but im sure you know where I mean for the test trade long

abc.png

Paddy

Nice.

12 hours sterling?

Yep. Feel a little wary as the move long has been so strong and so the correction could be significant, but have to learn to relinquish control and stick to the plan so TL trail it is. Plus the down move previously was also very steep and didn't correct heavily in the middle..

BTW I mean to to say that I have been reading this journal for too much of the day while at work and its great to see your progress and realisations along the way. Keep up the good work mate

done for the day....made a few naive mistakes and missed a few other good trades because of lack of focus.....I need to work on that.....but overall I am pleased...

Yep. Feel a little wary as the move long has been so strong and so the correction could be significant, but have to learn to relinquish control and stick to the plan so TL trail it is. Plus the down move previously was also very steep and didn't correct heavily in the middle..

I think you are right, we cannot be right all the time but we can do the right thing all the time.......

Atilla

I see what you mean and I hope you are right....

Personally I only described what I see technically without taking in consideration the fundy....and I can be deadly wrong as I have been many times ....beside I s@ck predicting long term views....I am better knowing where is going to be in the next 10 minutes........

Look at all three; TA, FA and noise on key announcement days. All three play a role... Valuable information, however, interpretation very much open to distortion as reception by the market may differ to ones own analysis :eek:

(y)

Ok cool here a few obviously cherry picked ones that went well (please note im Im trading micro account and still very much learning, but have been obsessed witht his for a few years now and am starting to get somewhere at last I think)

This to me is a nice one colour smooth pullback in clear up trend with space to move to the source of the PB. There is clear weakness in the down move as it fails to continue when approaching the first obvious level to be looking for PBs at, the stall and then a beautiful trap/fake out that closes as a doji. Im long at break above doji with stop below and TP1 at the high of the large bearish bar, TP2 was v much higher intending to trail but I got stopped around BE

View attachment 189278

Paddy

instrument and timeframe?

fwiw imo - May test 1.0820-40s region and then bounce back up again.

Still bullish (y)

I am fighting though, made a few mistakes as usual, I am a few pips under.

Atilla, I am only looking for 10 pips, I have not bias, I try to follow the money ...

now 2-1 for the market

I am fighting though, made a few mistakes as usual, I am a few pips under.

Atilla, I am only looking for 10 pips, I have not bias, I try to follow the money ...

now 2-1 for the market

EU moved 100+ ticks yesterday and finished higher despite the negatives on Greece.

Perhaps better to say dollar came off the boil.

Even if you ignore the FA, TA still bullish too. http://www.investing.com/currencies/eur-usd-technical

Only my opinion. I could be wrong. Good luck. (y)