Is trading Easy? !

The way to succeed in trading is to take personal responsiblity. There is nothing wrong with admitting, "I messed up", or "I need to work on this area". You can succeed in any situation where you have control. Displacing blame is the sense in losing control.

Not only that, but then there begins the onslaught of aggressive responses, because it is hard to personally take the blame individual actions.

Another thread is a great example, lots of handbags being thrown because 2 posters are coming from different angles.

But if one was to step back and see the whole picture you would embrace this fact as this is what makes the market so intriguing, and creates the trading opportunities we all seek.

All interesting stuff!!

"cause a real trader knows you can win today and lose tomarrow"

What ******** !
Real traders know how to read markets,.....simple !
All the others are just guessing,...
Fact: If these forums were full of real traders,..there would be nothing to discuss,...go figure!!

Slight error here. A real trader knows you can win today and win tommorrow.

What ******** !
Real traders know how to read markets,.....simple !
All the others are just guessing,...
Fact: If these forums were full of real traders,..there would be nothing to discuss,...go figure!!

Real traders are in tune with the market , they are wired to trade and they have the knowledge and skills to execute trades to extract profit from the markets.

There is an average of 10,000 pips/points to be made daily from 20 currency pairs, indices, commodities and without touching any shares.It is very easy to make the points daily, unless you are not upto it.

95% of us are just waiting to fail. :D

There's an old saying which I just made up.

Trading is easy.

Trading profitably on a consistent basis aint easy.

This is largely because you need to maintain good personal discipline which for most people is an impossibility.

Trading is easy.

This is largely because you need to maintain good personal discipline which for most people is an impossibility.

Trading profitably on a consistent basis aint easy for amateurs, but it is very easy for professionals.Most who discuss this point on forums are amateurs, the real pros don't hang around here.

You go, ODT! You're smokin', and I agree with you 100%.
Let me add something. It's a mind-blowing statistic, and I hope I don't get laughed off this forum for it.
A few months ago, I zeroed in on cable to trade it all day. (My metaphor is a drunk butterfly-- I float. You just don't know where I'm going to land.) That's just what I decided to do. The market had gone sideways in April, and it was a good opportunity to trade a channel and prove a point. It was a day the hi-lo spread was 92 pips. I was catching the small moves here and there, up and down, all day long. I ended up with 150 pips on the one pair for that day. I decided to further test using the mathematics of a standard deviation of 150 candles from the mean on a 5-min chart. BTW, this was not backtesting, but actually figuring it out candle-by-candle using the actual mathematics. I figured it out usingthe 5-min chart and only when the deviation hit its extremes (-/+ 2-3 sigma). The potential pips to be made on a 100-pip hi-lo move was close to 700 pips. Don't laugh at this. I did the math. It is all based on using the 5-min chart. It is not practical. It is simply the potential. I have gotten more pips than the hi-lo spread several times. Still, the norm is to catch a one-way ride on a pair, and that's it.
In essence, the potential abounds in trading. It is just a matter of catching a very small percetnage of that potential. It's sort of like the ballplayer that comes up form the minor leagues who is labelled as the next Hall of Famer that possesses all 5 of the major tools. He only taps a very small part of what he was labeeled to accomplish, but still makes $5 million per year. In the world of trading, if you tap just a small amount of the potential, you will grab lots of pips, and make a very nice living.

Trading profitably on a consistent basis aint easy for amateurs, but it is very easy for professionals.Most who discuss this point on forums are amateurs, the real pros don't hang around here.

You go, ODT! You're smokin', and I agree with you 100%.
Let me add something. It's a mind-blowing statistic, and I hope I don't get laughed off this forum for it.

Some of the ole farts get laughed at for still being ere , my time has come to shine and get off the forums .

I really don't know what quantity of posts have to do with anything. There have been a fwe posts based on quantity of posts. I wonder if the problem with many traders is that spend more timne counting quantity of posts than they do pips. It could also be I might have more time than you, Leonarda, because this is all I do. I'm not moonlighting, nor is this part time for me. Get a life! I'm smokin' because my equity in my trading account keeps growing each week.
Based on what you addressed, I gave props to ODT because he hit the nail on the head. What he stated were facts. While you are at it, read all 1373 of my posts. You will find they are principled and fundamentally sound
I know you made a post in another thread about how it is I make people feel bad because they are not doing as well as me (My apologies to everyone else.). Why would you want to egg someone on that knows how to defend himself with all the facts. Just let dead dogs lie.
Now, Leonarda! You asked me something in another thread. Your wish is my command. Get ready! I'm about to start a thead that is going to show people like yourself that are spending their time on the sidelines wishing and hoping how to make a huge percentage of gains on a regular basis. It also will not be an opinion poll, because it is all going to be based on my personal experience in trading. It will be nothing but in-your-face facts. I will show you some of the techniques that are necessary in making a huge percentage of gains.
Now, if you think I make people feel bad, get you and two others saying they don't like my post here in this thread, I'll unsubscribe to it too. After all, I'm not here to count posts. I'm here to be challenged in trading, have some sort of intelligent dialogue concerning trading. to learn from others, and hopefully, can be of help to others. Read my new thread when it hits the T2W airwaves. Hopefully, you will be one of my positive statistics. If you do, you take all the credit.

wow 4xpip, I just noticed, you've done 1373 post's since June, wow you're smokin'.....!!!

Doramide, you're right. The mental discipline is the hard part. I struggled for quite awhile with my personal trading. Once the emotional roller coaster was over in enteing and exiting a trade, I knew things were starting to happen for me.
The discipline also involves treating this like a business, and like a regular job. For me the schooling never quits. I am always studying and learning. My wife knows the times to not come in the home office. There are set rules. Nothing can come between me and work time. When work is over, nothing comes between me and her.

Trading is easy.

I really don't know what quantity of posts have to do with anything. There have been a fwe posts based on quantity of posts. I wonder if the problem with many traders is that spend more timne counting quantity of posts than they do pips. It could also be I might have more time than you, Leonarda, because this is all I do. I'm not moonlighting, nor is this part time for me. Get a life! I'm smokin' because my equity in my trading account keeps growing each week.
Based on what you addressed, I gave props to ODT because he hit the nail on the head. What he stated were facts. While you are at it, read all 1373 of my posts. You will find they are principled and fundamentally sound
I know you made a post in another thread about how it is I make people feel bad because they are not doing as well as me (My apologies to everyone else.). Why would you want to egg someone on that knows how to defend himself with all the facts. Just let dead dogs lie.
Now, Leonarda! You asked me something in another thread. Your wish is my command. Get ready! I'm about to start a thead that is going to show people like yourself that are spending their time on the sidelines wishing and hoping how to make a huge percentage of gains on a regular basis. It also will not be an opinion poll, because it is all going to be based on my personal experience in trading. It will be nothing but in-your-face facts. I will show you some of the techniques that are necessary in making a huge percentage of gains.
Now, if you think I make people feel bad, get you and two others saying they don't like my post here in this thread, I'll unsubscribe to it too. After all, I'm not here to count posts. I'm here to be challenged in trading, have some sort of intelligent dialogue concerning trading. to learn from others, and hopefully, can be of help to others. Read my new thread when it hits the T2W airwaves. Hopefully, you will be one of my positive statistics. If you do, you take all the credit.

hey calm down !! I wasn't being rude, I was saying you were "hot", ie.smokin' with how busy you are obviously cos you do this full time... (maybe something went ary with the UK-US translation there..I get that with my numerous US conference calls :))

and i'm doing very nicely at the moment trading, doubled my account this year, and that is with a medium term stock trading strategy where I enter a trade every couple of weeks or so, and I am very much a part time trader a few hours a week. My full time job earns a hell of a lot more money...!

Look forward to the new thread...

and i'm doing very nicely at the moment trading, doubled my account this year, and that is with a medium term stock trading strategy where I enter a trade every couple of weeks or so and I am very much a part time trader.

How many of your stock picks, in percentage terms, have been short?

That's nice to hear. In the other thread you were saying some of my posts made other feels bad, because of addressing the miniscule gains they were talking about with respect to my gains. This was, in part why I was curious to how you are doing.
I also don't have an intent to try and make people feel bad. I try to get newbies or even ones that are failing in their trading to see in a thread like this that trading does not have to be as hard as they make it appear. Other posts have talked about making 2% per week or 100% per month, and it leaves me scratching my head. It could just be the competitive nature from my childhood days in sports. I had to win all the time, and I had to be surrounded by winners, and yes, even on the sports teams some of my teammates would say, "hey calm down !!"

hey calm down !! I wasn't being rude, I was saying you were "hot", ie.smokin' with how busy you are obviously cos you do this full time... (maybe something went ary with the UK-US translation there..I get that with my numerous US conference calls :))

and i'm doing very nicely at the moment trading, doubled my account this year, and that is with a medium term stock trading strategy where I enter a trade every couple of weeks or so, and I am very much a part time trader a few hours a week. My full time job earns a hell of a lot more money...!

Look forward to the new thread...

That's nice to hear. In the other thread you were saying some of my posts made other feels bad, because of addressing the miniscule gains they were talking about with respect to my gains. This was, in part why I was curious to how you are doing.
I also don't have an intent to try and make people feel bad. I try to get newbies or even ones that are failing in their trading to see in a thread like this that trading does not have to be as hard as they make it appear. Other posts have talked about making 2% per week or 100% per month, and it leaves me scratching my head. It could just be the competitive nature from my childhood days in sports. I had to win all the time, and I had to be surrounded by winners, and yes, even on the sports teams some of my teammates would say, "hey calm down !!"

yep I can understand a competitive nature, that's good, and nothing to worry about.
I must admit one of my problems is being too eager to please...!

Trading can be one of the most difficult things you undertake, but if you conquer your own emontions, find an edge, and stick to your sules, the money can come in more abundently and easily than you ever imagined. I certainly found this to be true. So for me, trading is easy, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done for a little while.

It can certainly be worth doing, but be careful while you're learning and don'r give all your money to the market too quickly.