Is this Real? $3,690,822.08 in a month?

jaja187

Hello,
I'm new to futures trading and know very little..I tried virtual trading at optionsXpress and got really suprised with the result, although it was just a wild guess..can anyone explain me how real this trade was. From $5000 to $3,690,822.08... I bought something in february and forgot about it and when i checked it in march you can see the rest in a picture file i attached..please comment..thank you all in advance.

futures.jpg

Yes, real. CAN be. Not saying it was..

YM is is the dow mini contract. February - the dow hatd a tremendous rally ;) I would need to know more - what was that? The initial purchase indicates an option purchase (no talking of margin), but the number one does not exactly match the price (would be deep in the money).

It looks real.
But if you put 1 million on the grand national 1-100 horse this year, you'd have 100,000,000 ...

Understand my point?

It looks real.
But if you put 1 million on the grand national 1-100 horse this year, you'd have 100,000,000 ...

Understand my point?

I undrestand your point, but i put only $5000 that's the whole point. it is about 75000% gain in one month..

Last edited:

YM is is the dow mini contract. February - the dow hatd a tremendous rally ;) I would need to know more - what was that? The initial purchase indicates an option purchase (no talking of margin), but the number one does not exactly match the price (would be deep in the money).

There is something i don't understand either.. I bought (buy to open) only one contract worth $7,210 and didn't do anything else..as i understand it had expired(executed) for $745,376 but there does the $3,7 millions comes from in net amount???

No offence - but you do realize he only purchased one contract & that the 'tremendous rally' was more like 10% whereas his chart says it went up by approx 738000 points...

He must be using the same broker as that DayTrade2Win chappie....

You may realize I also said the numbers still dont add up - the cost of purchase does not indicate into one contract (whas it that - margin?), and at the same time was really expensive for ONE option.

You may realize I also said the numbers still dont add up - the cost of purchase does not indicate into one contract (whas it that - margin?), and at the same time was really expensive for ONE option.
1. it wasn't an option, it was a futures contract
2. There was almost no rally at all between those dates, less than 1%
3. The cost of purchase (3.99) was about right for 1 contract, you might get a couple with some other brokers.

'still don't add up' :LOL:

master of understatement you are, trade futures you should not....