Is this legit or is it another scam?

Paytrick

I received this invitation:

"Hi there!

Given my current research goals (emailed yesterday) it is no surprise that today's discovery has had my mind spinning for hours.

I've checked, double checked, triple checked, confirmed and reconfirmed... it's so easy to make an error that gives so much false hope.... This time however, there is no error. The results are correct.

As of 5:48:34pm I know exactly how to reduce losing alerts by 20% or more based on a rule so simple to apply that can be used immediately by even the greenest of traders.

But, it gets better... and I'm still "buggin' out" over this...

100% of these filtered "Bad Alerts" would have NEVER produced a single penny in profit.

This new rule keeps ALL the winning alerts, and removes 20% of ALL the losing alerts... and every alert removed failed to produce even one cent of profit. From the moment these alerts are triggered EVERY ONE continue to lose money tick after tick.

What a discovery!

Would your trading be better with 20% less losing trades? Sure it would.

I'm not going to divulge the details of this discovery here. Not today. Instead, I'll be putting it in the VirginTrader software as an automated function. Then, every VirginTrader owner will automatically receive the benefits.

To protect the profitability of our system VirginTrader licences are limited. Only a handful remain.

If you are not familiar with VirginTrader give us a call at +1 (347) 535 0577 or email [email protected] and we'll set up a test drive for you.

That's enough from me today... back to crunching numbers...

Talk soon,

Dan McMahon
Director, VirginTrader LTD

PS: For me a research session is not a simple matter of looking at a few charts and drawing lines between random dots hoping to find something that works. My approach is structured and systematic. Crunching numbers and being buried in spread sheets, charts, databases and source code may not sound like fun to you... but I love it! Especially when it results in finding ways to reduce loss or make money!"

I would love to trade or invest in stocks, but do I need a system for this? Anyone with any experience in Virgin Trader? I would appreciate your input!

Ignore it.

You do need a system and a plan but put the time and effort into making it yourself and not buying it from someone else.

It'd pretty easy to reduce the percentage of losing trades by seeking additional price confirmation. The downside is that you'll probably end up getting a later entry at a worse price. I'd strongly advise ignoring anyone trying to sell something using such a tactic.

And the whole thing stinks of a scam to me anyway.

To protect the profitability of our system VirginTrader licences are limited. Only a handful remain.

Usual marketing nonsense, stay well clear of this sort of rubbish.

Sounds more like marketing than anything else to me. However, don't just jump to the conclusion that so many other people do about anything that costs money and immediately call it a scam. Request a demo for a couple days and check it out. Then, come back and give a review.

I do agree with others that successful trading can not be bought or borrowed, it has to be earned by you. Once you figure out your strategy, then finding a software/service will be valuable.

I wouldn't say scam. Just someone trying to sell you something that may or may not work for you.

It is always going to be a risk as you haven't got the background knowledge to give you confidence in someone elses system.

Request a demo for a couple days and check it out. Then, come back and give a review.

The whole thing stinks. This from their website: 'As a VirginTrader, you receive the VirginTrader software and automatic enrollment to the VirginTrader Online University.'

I don't know about in Hong Kong, but you would not get away with calling yourself a university where I come from unless, of course, you are.

And this: 'Step 5: Celebrate!
Pretty Patterns usually reach target. So be ready to celebrate often!'

This is childish marketing of an EA, that you've got no hope of forward testing in a couple of days, and they don't even appear to offer a demo.

SCAM!

I don't know about in Hong Kong, but you would not get away with calling yourself a university where I come from unless, of course, you are.

Amusingly enough, I know of at least one UK government agency who originally (and illegally) used the term "university" in their business name.

I also know complaints where made (including complaints from legitimate universities), and this particular agency subsequently changed its name (no doubt after blowing tens of millions of pounds of tax payers money, designing logo's, printing signs,posters, stationary, brochures etc)

Amusingly enough, I know of at least one UK government agency who originally (and illegally) used the term "university" in their business name.

I also know complaints where made (including complaints from legitimate universities), and this particular agency subsequently changed its name (no doubt after blowing tens of millions of pounds of tax payers money, designing logo's, printing signs,posters, stationary, brochures etc)

Surely its not illegal to use 'university' in a business name. I know of at least one trading related business that uses/used it.

Surely its not illegal to use 'university' in a business name. I know of at least one trading related business that uses/used it.

According to companies house there are sensitive words and expressions which, when included in a company or business name could:

a) suggest business pre-eminence, a particular status, or a specific function;
b)imply a connection with a government department, devolved administration or, public authority
c)cause a criminal offence.

If any of the sensitive words or expressions are used in the business name then the business owner will need the approval of the Secretary of State. These rules are in place to protect the public from being mislead.

further details at: http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp1.shtml#ch7

A full list of these sensative words and phrases are available from the link below (and the word university is most definately included)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2009/2615/pdfs/uksi_20092615_en.pdf

If the well known trading related business uses the term university (and even calling this particular outfit a trading related business is giving them more credit than they deserve), then the secretary of state must have approved it.

Then again most politicians will agree to anything for a few bob (a directorship and some chump change for expense will generally do the trick).

I imagine they probably use a slightly different name in their registration and then market themselves as a 'university'. That would probably get around the problem.

Scam, spam, fraud, whatever you will call it. I lost 4997$ on Virgintrader. They say they have a 30 day money back guarantee, but you will never get back any money. The software finds 2 trades per 120-150 signals, and that with atleast a 30 000$ trading account. If you have 10000$ acount you will have less than 3 times as many trades, with a 5% R/R ratio, it´s a joke. I waited over 4 month for my refund, still no money...

Scam, spam, fraud, whatever you will call it. I lost 4997$ on Virgintrader. They say they have a 30 day money back guarantee, but you will never get back any money. The software finds 2 trades per 120-150 signals, and that with atleast a 30 000$ trading account. If you have 10000$ acount you will have less than 3 times as many trades, with a 5% R/R ratio, it´s a joke. I waited over 4 month for my refund, still no money...

What in Gods name possessed you to buy this sh1t ??????????

How did you pay for it? Paypal, Credit Card or Money transfer via Western Union?

"safely double your account balance in 2 weeks". That's all you need to read to know this is a scam. Ridiculous really that people fall for it

If you have even the slightest doubt in your mind that this is a scam, you should do yourself a favor and withdraw all funds from your trading account.

Ignore it