Is this for real?

CJIA

Has anyone received this mail,its not for real is it?

Attachments

• untitled1.gif
    untitled1.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 462
load of old tosh.

the grammatical errors - "re-update your information" alone give it away. I suspect if you hover your mouse over that hyperlink and look at the address it's giving you before you click it, that the address that's written there and the actual address are somewhat different.

(plus you'd get a plain text email from ebay customer service, not a HTML email like that)

I've had about 5 of these in the last couple of days alone. It's called "phishing". They get you to go to a fake website and enter your username and password which they can then use in various nefarious ways to steal money and/or identities.

As rossored says, the main way to tell if it's fake is to look at the actual URL of any links embedded in the email text. Which is shown in the status bar (at the bottom of the screen) in most email programs.

As a rule, online companies will never solicit customers to update anything via email. If anything like that is necessary it's usually done on your next visit to the actual site.

Thanks

Thanks everyone,i didn't open it,looked a bit shifty.Its getting very hard to distinguish these days.
I'll take onboard Rossored advice.
Thanks
CJIA