Is stop loss hunting avoidance worth it?

Post #78 is a classic case of making an argument based on hindsight , as i said anyone can make these type of arguments , just upload your favorite chart and post hypothetical examples of where on should have bought and where should have sold and add a pip counter for each wave .

Not my favorite bro, your favorite :p Is it time for a ZULU chart yet? (y)

Without the old blinkers, just the usual up n downy stuff with a bit more downy.

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4596-1.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4598-2.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4600-3.jpg

yada yada

Just a bit more downy ?

Much more downward waves or price wouldnt have moved from 100 to 50 .

Become the hunter, not the hunted. . . .
Your stop loss should not be anywhere near these pools. It should be on the opposite side of the field.

Hi Jiggly,

How would you set up a trade so stop loss would be on opposite side of the field, trade AGAINST the trend? Seems suicidal. If you can tell me how do to it, I'll test it down the line.

Thanks again,
Norm

Not my favorite bro, your favorite :p Is it time for a ZULU chart yet? (y)

Hi Darktone, do you think it's wise to advise a newcomer to trade in the way you suggest? If you trade in the right place, the market can move against you a lot and still return to let you out for even a small profit, but you still have to know to take that profit then, and not let it slip a second time. You still have to be aware of good position sizing, in control of yourself, not emotional etc. These are not things all beginners will have, so it seems a little dangerous to promote it.

What happens if something extreme occurs and price moves 1000's of pips? If I have understand your strategy, you will make money regularly, but then you will lose massively one day. If you are able to absorb it, then that means position size is so small that you need a very large account for it to be worthwhile, right?

Just a bit more downy ?

Much more downward waves or price wouldnt have moved from 100 to 50 .

So! Dnt mean you cant bank to the long side and/or seek an offset for the short side do it. I mean were not not here to be right are we, were here to make money right!? arnt we? arnt we arnt we?

up down up down

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4604-4.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4606-5.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4608-6.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4610-7.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4612-8.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4614-9.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4616-10.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4618-11.jpg

Not so scary really is it, unless you do a doomy or a nero.

i) Hi Darktone, do you think it's wise to advise a newcomer to trade in the way you suggest?
ii) If you trade in the right place, the market can move against you a lot and still return to let you out for even a small profit, but you still have to know to take that profit then, and not let it slip a second time.
iii) You still have to be aware of good position sizing, in control of yourself, not emotional etc.
iv) These are not things all beginners will have, so it seems a little dangerous to promote it.

v) What happens if something extreme occurs and price moves 1000's of pips?
vi) If I have understand your strategy, you will make money regularly, but then you will lose massively one day.
vii) If you are able to absorb it, then that means position size is so small that you need a very large account for it to be worthwhile, right?

i) I dunno about wise as im not wise, but if I were ya mentor and gave you two options.
a) I can teach you technically how to make money with little risk. I can show you the importance of psychology in trading.
b) I can teach you a pile o bullcrap you dont need to know, then you can lose for 3 years, break even for 3 years, scratch a profit for a few more then get back to me.
Which would you chose?

ii) I dont know anything, It can slip as many times as it likes. All you can do is aim your orders at favourable places and not be a puker.

iii) You have to be that regardless of your approach imo.

iv) These are thing that the vast majority dont and wont have. No danger, if you havent already noticed, most dont listen to me anyways ;), kinda irrelevant cos most are gona lose anyways. :LOL:

v) The more drama in the market, the better for me.

vi) Then I suspect your understanding is limited by your beliefs.

vii) Only if you gots the blinkers on.

Cheers
D

So! Dnt mean you cant bank to the long side and/or seek an offset for the short side do it. I mean were not not here to be right are we, were here to make money right!? arnt we? arnt we arnt we?

up down up down

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4606-5.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4608-6.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4610-7.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4612-8.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4614-9.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4616-10.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4618-11.jpg

Not so scary really is it, unless you do a doomy or a nero.

Why you posted these charts ? You didnt bring anything new .

Why you posted these charts ? You didnt bring anything new .

What is the indicator you use to define those levels of strength (expressed in numbers as I understand)??How are they calculated?

What is the indicator you use to define those levels of strength (expressed in numbers as I understand)??How are they calculated?

Im afraid theres no levels of strength per say gerry, for those you need this thread.

The indicator is 'zigzag with value' and shows the highest and lowest swing price points as measured by the indicator. The number shown is the distance in points (.1 points in this case) between the last two swing points.

Of course it dont mean diddly and only shows a fraction of the opportunity offered but, it does visibly show the uppy downyness of the market, even when its seemingly in fall of cliff mode in far view.

Just one word of caution, even this indicator can be rendered invisible by the blinkers.
The view from the neutral standpoint

Can be radically altered when the blinkers go on
6099-darktone-albums-general-6-picture4620-blinkered.jpg

Attachments

• ZigZagWithValue.mq4
    8.2 KB · Views: 155
In all seriousness, its quite sobering when viewed like that to see just how much opportunity can be missed.

As i said earlier these arguments are all based on hindsight , its easy to talk about charts after the event and say one should have captured these pips . Its clear who is wearing the blinkers .

Would love to see a live trading journal to put all this lecturing into practice .

As i said earlier these arguments are all based on hindsight , its easy to talk about charts after the event and say one should have captured these pips . Its clear who is wearing the blinkers .

Would love to see a live trading journal to put all this lecturing into practice .

It wouldnt help bro.
You can show examples of trades taken
Statements to show where the trades were taken
Can post when orders are filled
Boom shacka lacka boom shacka lacka boom shacka lacka
Could even be looking over the shoulder of Jimmy himself

But

If what you see / hear doesnt align with what you believe, you will likely reject it.
Or do a zulu :p

Last edited:
It wouldnt help bro.
You can show examples of trades taken
Statements to show where the trades were taken
Can post when orders are filled
Boom shacka lacka boom shacka lacka boom shacka lacka
Could even be looking over the shoulder of Jimmy himself

But

If what you see / hear doesnt align with what you believe, you will likely reject it.
Or do a zulu :p

Hi Darky

What are you averaging per day using this style? You do not have to answer if you do not wish, I will understand, it is a personal matter. It is just to give me an idea...

Yes, Merry Christmas to you as well:)

Last edited:
Trades examples are prone to cherry picking , so it doesnt help .

I am waiting for a live trading journal .

Hi Darky

What are you averaging per day using this style? You do not have to answer if you do not wish, I will understand, it is a personal matter. It is just to give me an idea...

Yes, Merry Christmas to you as well:)

I managed to add 120% odd this year Fug. Honestly, looking back at what ive done, I had opportunity to do far better. Have done a lot of emotional growing this year so 2017 should be interesting.

An a merry xmas you an yours to bud ;)