Is it true that DBP is not the King ?

frugi said:
It strikes me that at least a few members of this site (having sweated honestly for a significant slice of their existence, in order to achieve true freedom through the bounteous miracle that is consistently profitable trading) have at last, to mention but one benefit, earned the right to exempt themselves from the often pernicious, circular and soul-destroying office politics that can undermine constructive endeavours in the conventional workplace. At this point of personal achievement, I'd have naively imagined that a welcome respite on one's laurels would be in order: a thick skin has been duly grown and there is nothing left to prove, except to oneself.

Yet, incredibly, having surmounted a devious and difficult obstacle - and having been granted a priceless and rare luxury - they still cannot resist finding another medium in which to involve themselves in these destructive politics, of which one is this site, specifically a few particular threads therein. I simply do not understand this mentality and I probably never will.

This is a largely anonymous internet forum and to be frank I am amazed by the number of seemingly mature, dedicated, well-educated and intelligent individuals who seem to devote a significant proportion of their time to the acrimonious splitting of hairs, defamations of character and miscellaneous negativity (all of which oft pervade the very working environments that we have all tried so desperately to escape).

I may be naive, complacent, ignorant or indeed cynical - I've no idea, given my confused interpretation of the context - but this state of affairs nevertheless breaks my heart and leads me to believe that continuing my duty as a moderator is a somewhat worthless endeavour.

In my nascent, perhaps idealistic, role of "moral guardian" I sincerely believed that it was possible for the members of a site such as this to be able to discuss trading in a civilised, pertinent, open-minded manner, without the perennial blight of the next, oh-so-predictable "You are a **** but I'll say it subtly" post; our job was simply to remove the screamingly obvious bad elements, such as serial spammers, dishonest vendors, the vociferously rude, bitter and envious etc. Yet I am beginning to believe that, even given the removal of the obvious, the dark side of human nature will always ensure that this ideal is unachievable. What a pity.

Perhaps in any situation - however unconventional - humans naturally seek the establishment of some kind of pecking order, however at odds the means used may seem to be with the ideals that are ostensibly being embraced.

Despite my usual level of bombast that yet again obscures what I really mean, I stand shoulder to shoulder with Rossored whose post imho is neither naive nor cynical, just straight to a rather obvious point that many seem to miss in their quest to pick repeatedly at the pointless, while perhaps forgetting why they're members of this site in the first place.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular - believe me - rather it is simply a culmination of the depression that I feel when encountering the same old trivial **** time and time again. I am not taking sides for or with anyone.

As Arabella Weir might say in the Fast Show: "No offence." And, hey, it's a Bank Holiday. Relax a little, people, for the love of Roast Beef

I can see that you are confused, and I will explain it very clearly and as succinctly as I can.
What happens is that all of this is not about discussing hobbies or the arts or nature.
If it were, there would be no "charge" in it. Charge occurs when a topic subconsiously or consciously engenders strong emotions.

What happens is that the concept of "wealth" or "money" carries enormous charge for many people. What also happens is that the great majority are not able to effectively get to grips with the concept that the wealth aspect of trading has in large measure to be ignored and focus placed on getting it consistently right first and then the wealth appears as a consequence.

Also, I keep saying it, none of this is constructed for the benefit of the public.

The public insists and persists in applying its collective frame of reference to it which is the wrong one and consequently does not and cannot make it work consistently.This makes people very frustrated because in theory all of it is within their grasp but in practical actuality it isn't.

This causes resentment. This resentment spills over because people are frustrated. I can understand the mechanism but am powerless to do anything about it. I have often tried, but not succeeded. This is because my own frame of reference is different, as a result of forcing myself to have to change to deal with these problems effectively that beset all human beings in an environment that is not "emotion friendly".

You ought not to take it personally and get upset.

Sorry, Frugi, I forgot to add....the environment is not only not emotion friendly but not emotion tolerant.

I can sympathise with your sentiment, because additionally you ought not to take it personally and get upset, as nearly all of it is nonsense.

Very Kind Regards.

Thanks for your reply, Matt. I'm sorry we've had such misunderstandings on these subjects. I realise that I have contributed to them greatly myself and I apologise for that.

rossored said:
Roberto ... ... ... can we clarify your view please? In favour of, or against Private Forums? I am a little unclear on this point now.
Yes; I see that. I remain against them, albeit less strongly opposed than before the whole conversation started. For me, this isn't the point. Neither this thread, not the one you very understandably removed the other night, was started off to say anything at all about being in favour of or against private forums. I venture to suggest that you are, in fact, perfectly well aware of this.

rossored said:
So what exactly is your point? If its just that you don't like DBP and the way he gets his message or views across, then thats fine. You don't have to like it. You don't have to read it. Its a simple as that.
I appreciate that, Matt. That isn't my point. I have been inarticulate at getting my point across, and that's also my problem, apparently. But never mind: Fran is quite right, after all; but so is Socco: most of it _is_ complete nonsense. "No offence". :LOL:

None taken, Roberto - none taken.

Good trading to you - until next time ;)

LOL