is it just me or is anyone else getting completely raped at the moment?

All my shares just keep tanking, i havent seen this kinda drop in my holdings for at least 2 years,

i keep getting close to opening a FTSE short but justr keep telling myself its due a turn around any minute and not placing the short

damn its quite painful seeing all your profits shrink so much and some turn into losses

how do you guys handle such a downturn in all of your holdings?

The S&P is correcting itself. Everyone is down terribly on paper, but, it is temporary.
The time you earn your money is when you are scared to death and resist selling.

Ya think?

I have to agree with BS on this. I like to cut losses as early as possible. A small loss that I have decided to take (which would have gone on to be a win had I not) does not bother me at all. The idea of hanging on because "it can't go any lower" scares the hell out of me. I have never done it, not once, even when I first started.

I wait a couple of years and everything is good to go again. At times like this, do a warrent buffet and become a lifetime investor.

Buffett made most of his money in a sustained bull market lasting decades with coca cola.
Markets are not in a bull run lasting decades at the moment or likely to be for a while :)

Had one of my best weeks. If you are holding longer term or an 'investor' rather than a speculator then at the moment you are going to get creamed. Thats just the way it is and its tough. I doubt many day traders are moaning about this week though. There have been some pretty sustained moves with plenty of intra-day entry possibilities. I mainly spreadbet EURUSD, EURJPY GBPUSD and DAX. Best performers this week by a long way are DAX and EURJPY.

Fear is the traders worst enemy. dont listen to the hype there must have been a reason to enter your position has your reason changed ? or is it the increased volatility and hype

Myself Im looking for a BUY but from a good price and looking to hold for a while a good 7500 points on the DOW in two hits would do.

I did, but that's because I was drunk.
Seriously, don't drink and trade.

I'm a f'ing idiot. Another expensive lesson learnt.

I did, but that's because I was drunk.
Seriously, don't drink and trade.

I'm a f'ing idiot. Another expensive lesson learnt.

Why the f*** not? I do my best trading when I've got my load on. I shorted TF tonight at around 7.00, bombed out of my f***ing tree. Do you think a sober man would have done that? F*** no. He'd be sittin' there whining like a little b1tch, saying "Ooh, it's already gone down so much today".

Last edited:
I think it's rather good right now tbh.

As for trading whilst drunk, well, I don't know about that there really. Sounds like an expensive afternoon in to me.

I think it's rather good right now tbh.

As for trading whilst drunk, well, I don't know about that there really. Sounds like an expensive afternoon in to me.

The f*** it is. Get some rubbing alcohol, mix it 50 50 with some rola cola, you're good to go.

The f*** it is. Get some rubbing alcohol, mix it 50 50 with some rola cola, you're good to go.

I wasn't thinking of the cost of the booze - more the damage to the account and subsequent cost of replacing a window as you throw your binoculars through it - you know, the ones you use for perving at your neighbours fat middle aged Mrs who pretends not to see you but dances like she's a pro at The Axe in Shoreditch.