Is it easy to gain 1% profit every day for professional trader?

Hello,
I know it is not apropriate question since its none of my buisness to know "how much do you make etc" since everyone is different but I wonder is it normal avarage to gain at least 1% profit for every day of trading? I mean is it easily achivable for profesional trader who manage his risk properly and follow general rules of trading ?
I am not asking personally about YOUR daily profit but what you think is average, taking from your trading expirience etc.
If YES to above question would I be right by saying that I am not doing enough in terms of learning, or I am doing something wrong if I can't get that 1%? Or is that % increasing along with experience? Or I am not bright enough to do trading at all?
And how is your daily profit look like; is it steady rise or sort of "I have lost yesterday 2% but I got 4% today instead..wohoooo" up's and down's?
Thanks for sharing.

To the OP:

1% a day is very doable, but be careful who you put this question to. :idea:

Asking someone that has never achieved 1% per day and you will get one answer. Ask the same question of someone doing 70% per week and you will get a different answer altogether. My last trade profile net 71% in 72hrs. That's 23.66% daily return including all losses with approximately 10% in reserve (meaning, I had some pips to play with at the end of the trade that I did not necessarily need to stay on my revenue target). So, just be aware of the kind of questions you are asking and take each answer you get (including mine) with a grain of salt.

You are correct. Consistent cash-flow in trading business (I trade Forex) is a matter of having a genuine Edge in the markets and a Money Management model that is designed to work in synergy with your Edge. Having an Edge, but a Money Management methodology that is completely out of sync, defeats the Edge over time. So, design the Money Management around the Edges and you will do just fine.

You don't need 100% trade accuracy to be successful as a trader, though high accuracy does not hurt. More importantly, you can learn how to tweak your way of trading, such that accuracy increases, even when your trade signals remain the same in terms of their viability. You do this by developing your Edge first and then form-fitting a custom Money Management methodology around that Edge to find the most optimal revenue targets possible for that particular Edge.

Optimization of revenue is the key and that comes with discipline. Unless you are a mechanical robot yourself, then you will need some kind of automated process for several things:

a) Signal generation (your Edge)
b) Trade Profile generation (what to trade, when and how)
c) Trade Execution (if you are a high repetition day tripper)
d) Trade Resolution (Managing your Positions)

Find a solid trading platform and a good Intermediary to carry your trades to the market. Pay attention to the news that has the highest potential to adversely impact your positions.

Above all else, when you find the combination that works for you, hammer it consistently, but always be flexible enough to change what you are doing if and when you discover a better Edge through continued research.

You asked if 1% a day is realistically doable and is it easy. The answer is absolutely yes, if you are geared towards being systematic in your approach to running your business. And, make no mistake about it, this is a business and should be treated as such. 1% a day, is NOT high performance trading.

That's my 70% worth.

TradeSMART. Always Manage your position. :smart:

its is only a rare few that can do it, but i have worked at several prop houses and regularly see people deposit £20k into a trading account and consistently make 500-1000 a day. Sure there are other "locals" on this board that will echo this

p.s this isnt over the course of a week, but years

Last edited:
1% a day is so easy,unfortunately the mindset of traders is to buy low /mustafa dick sell/ high instead of sell low and lower

or buy and keep buying higher .

Humans like to buy cheap , like Arabian going to the Thai supermarket and BUYING TWO LITTLE SLUTS FOR A FIVER EACH

TO BE cONTINUED

Another 2% + made today on live account. But as much on here these threads end up miles away from were they started! So ....

Zupcon which soi 6? as last time I was in Sin city was just a bit more than that! But mai pen rai was fun mak mak, just watch out for the Kaotey's!

To the OP:

1% a day is very doable, but be careful who you put this question to. :idea:

Asking someone that has never achieved 1% per day and you will get one answer. Ask the same question of someone doing 70% per week and you will get a different answer altogether. My last trade profile net 71% in 72hrs. That's 23.66% daily return including all losses with approximately 10% in reserve (meaning, I had some pips to play with at the end of the trade that I did not necessarily need to stay on my revenue target). So, just be aware of the kind of questions you are asking and take each answer you get (including mine) with a grain of salt.

You are correct. Consistent cash-flow in trading business (I trade Forex) is a matter of having a genuine Edge in the markets and a Money Management model that is designed to work in synergy with your Edge. Having an Edge, but a Money Management methodology that is completely out of sync, defeats the Edge over time. So, design the Money Management around the Edges and you will do just fine.

You don't need 100% trade accuracy to be successful as a trader, though high accuracy does not hurt. More importantly, you can learn how to tweak your way of trading, such that accuracy increases, even when your trade signals remain the same in terms of their viability. You do this by developing your Edge first and then form-fitting a custom Money Management methodology around that Edge to find the most optimal revenue targets possible for that particular Edge.

Optimization of revenue is the key and that comes with discipline. Unless you are a mechanical robot yourself, then you will need some kind of automated process for several things:

a) Signal generation (your Edge)
b) Trade Profile generation (what to trade, when and how)
c) Trade Execution (if you are a high repetition day tripper)
d) Trade Resolution (Managing your Positions)

Find a solid trading platform and a good Intermediary to carry your trades to the market. Pay attention to the news that has the highest potential to adversely impact your positions.

Above all else, when you find the combination that works for you, hammer it consistently, but always be flexible enough to change what you are doing if and when you discover a better Edge through continued research.

You asked if 1% a day is realistically doable and is it easy. The answer is absolutely yes, if you are geared towards being systematic in your approach to running your business. And, make no mistake about it, this is a business and should be treated as such. 1% a day, is NOT high performance trading.

That's my 70% worth.

TradeSMART. Always Manage your position. :smart:

cracking post...:)

depending on your trading style there may not be a trade every day. ie. if you are swing trading.

Hello,
I know it is not apropriate question since its none of my buisness to know "how much do you make etc" since everyone is different but I wonder is it normal avarage to gain at least 1% profit for every day of trading? I mean is it easily achivable for profesional trader who manage his risk properly and follow general rules of trading ?
I am not asking personally about YOUR daily profit but what you think is average, taking from your trading expirience etc.
If YES to above question would I be right by saying that I am not doing enough in terms of learning, or I am doing something wrong if I can't get that 1%? Or is that % increasing along with experience? Or I am not bright enough to do trading at all?
And how is your daily profit look like; is it steady rise or sort of "I have lost yesterday 2% but I got 4% today instead..wohoooo" up's and down's?
Thanks for sharing.

Professional traders look for opportunity and not percentages, only the foolish look for %s.

I dont work in percentages I just have a £ daily target, a £ weekly target and a £ monthly target when each of these are met I stop, I do trade high risk in terms off account percentage many times 10% risk looking for a 10% gain but I only have 5% of my capital in my account at the start of the month. That is what works for me.

As an aside I never really understand when some one thats new to this game sticks £10,000 or more in a acount and then blows the lot over 6 months, Money Mangement is key to this game trading is easy as the price can only ever go up or down and if you put the hours in (and lots off!) you can learn to get this right more times than wrong, with correct MM you will end up a winner!

So for any newbie start with a £100, if you blow it up, learn study some more then start with another £100 etc.

We are talking here about making around 10 times the average annual returns of Warren Buffet (ignoring compounding for a moment). If it was that easy to do then Warren Buffet would have no place in history and probably would be considered by some on here as a poor investor with those sort of retuns. Obviously though he has limitations based on the amount of money he needs to move around.

The professional traders I know generally return nearer 3-6% per month. That is on large accounts with very careful risk management.

I have no doubt that someone who sticks 1000 pounds in a spreadbetting account can make 1% a day for a while but they won't be building it up to a million that way.

I don't think it is too wise telling new traders that they should be aiming for these figures either as that will only encourage excessive risk taking to try to achieve their ideal retuns and one thing that new traders shouldn't be doing is taking excessive risks.