Investing Tesla

Are you investing Tesla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is pretty ok after a +500% in 2020 and an annualized return of 50%.
I can't find anything with that kind of growth... it is like TQQQ without the need of leverage.
Do you know anyone that got rich with mutual funds?

It is pretty ok after a +500% in 2020 and an annualized return of 50%.
I can't find anything with that kind of growth... it is like TQQQ without the need of leverage.
Do you know anyone that got rich with mutual funds?
Its one thing finding a stock with that level of growth in the PAST but trading is about knowing when a stock has had its day and selling it for a profit.
Theres no point in making a 200% 'paper profit' in one year only to lose it next year and realise a loss.

I agree we dont' make money with past return but mine is not a paper profit...
->https://www.etoro.com/people/cavaliereverde/portfolio/tsla
Today I continue to invest Tesla because of the same reasons I started one year ago.
I am fine with a DD of 50% or more and even with a negative result at the end of the year, even if I think it will be positive. ;)
I am not trading Tesla I am investing Tesla and here we are discussing about investing.
I would sleep worse investing a company that survives selling old stuff without a defined plan for the future.
I am not expert of companies valuation but I am pretty expert about cars and I like Mr Musk that has the balls to execute an ambitious plan.

Last edited:
I agree we dont' make money with past return but mine is not a paper profit...
->https://www.etoro.com/people/cavaliereverde/portfolio/tsla
Today I continue to invest Tesla because of the same reasons I started one year ago.
I am fine with a DD of 50% or more and even with a negative result at the end of the year, even if I think it will be positive. ;)
I would sleep worse investing a company that survives selling old stuff without a defined plan for the future.
I am not expert of companies valuation but I am pretty expert about cars and I like Mr Musk that has the balls to execute an ambitious plan.
I respect your ability to make profits, and my comments here are semi light hearted. Tesla has had a phenomenal run and I'm not going to say its ended. You have spent more time and effort researching the company than I have and I wish you the best. (But I'm still going to rag on you whenever Tesla drops 10% 👿)

VolksWagen Group have popular EV's.
Ford have popular EV's
Tesla market share is miniscule.

Previous close621.44
Open626.06
Bid608.37 x 800
Ask605.30 x 3100
Day's range581.33 - 627.77

@CavaliereVerde Can you help me, I need to start a new thread how do I do that?
🤣

To be fair Tesla is a good buy at these levels.
It's $590 now I'd be long.

Previous close621.44
Open626.06
Bid582.55 x 800
Ask584.30 x 3100
Day's range576.6438 - 627.7699

Boom!

And this what proves?
Everyone can be lucky with the market including Tesla.
The results of one month are not significant for investment, one month of sales, of bitcoin volatility or single news are not so significant.

Going back to cars...
I like the design of the Mach E more than Teslas but unfortunately for EVs is not design that makes the difference but efficency and range.

VW is starting to follow Tesla style, the right way to develop and produce EVs.
Also Sandy Munro says VW is the best competitor.
After they were burned by the diesel emissions shame they started to seriously work their ass on electric.

Last edited:
I am really getting interested in these longer term ventures. i do trade forex mostly but stocks are turning my head more and more lol

I am really getting interested in these longer term ventures. i do trade forex mostly but stocks are turning my head more and more lol
And that kind of sentiment means the professionals will be heading for the exits soon.
When the taxi sorry Uber drivers are making more money trading than their day job its time to sell.

Tesla $710 at a critical point right here.
Looks like its going DOWN to $600 again!
Not good long term.

Not good long term.
What is your definition of long term?
This is a thread about investing.
Tesla could bounce 10 times between 600 an 700 ad it would not change the fundamentals and the competitive advantage of the company.
Predicting the price for the next week/month is more about "trading Tesla" or charting Tesla...

What is your definition of long term?
This is a thread about investing.
Tesla could bounce 10 times between 600 an 700 ad it would not change the fundamentals and the competitive advantage of the company.
Predicting the price for the next week/month is more about "trading Tesla" or charting Tesla...
Sure my comment is about trading, but what is next for Tesla? The market always needs more stimulus (not just monetary) to keep the momentum going. All GOOD news is priced into the shares so it can only underperform from here unless there is new innovation.
Tech market investors have the attention span of a 5 year old, so unless Elon starts flashing bright shiny things in front of investors eyes they will sell his 'old news' company and put their money into the next 'NFT'.

I think many things are already priced but many are still to be priced.
What I think is priced is that Tesla will be the biggest car company, having the best technology for EVs.
What I think has still to be priced is autonomous/robotaxi stuff and the growth as energy provider.