Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all

i am from malaysia. full time trader since 2002. i also actives in dailyfx forum based on GPBUSD.My trading style just shorterm as hit and run making 50-100 pips aday with diciplining method.

Hi Thread i am new member from India & wants to learn strategy for day trading from you please guide me :)

Hi, my name is Frankie and I am a newbie in forex trading. I have been using a demo account for 4 months and I am sort of getting it correctly recently... I hope I can learn lots here...

Hi my name is Jim and I have been trading stock options on and off for about 20 years, I am looking for a proriarty co. to trade with, I would like to get 10 to 1 leverage on options if any one knows of a good honest company please let me know.

hello, please where do i start from,i don't even know how to place a trade with meta-trader4.please i need some help, thanks

hello guys! I've been trading for about a year now and I'm looking for ideas on a new trading strategy I am concocting. :) I see people who have been here since 2001 and I say "WOW!" I didn't know forex trading online was already available during this time.

I hope to learn more from you guys and hope I can share some of my knowledge too. Have a great day everyone!

Hi all this is just to introduce my self, I have been trying to learn different types of technical analysis for the past few months still finding it confusing, especial in identifying stocks through screening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi all this is just to introduce my self, I have been trying to learn different types of technical analysis for the past few months still finding it confusing, especial in identifying stocks through screening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the daily stocks that are screened out, you might use it for learning and practice trading.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan

Also look at sub-category: Public chart lists and see how the other investors demonstrate their knowledge in identifying the chart patterns

Last edited:
Hello. I am an novice binary options trader and I am looking for others of my ilk to join in on sharing trading ups and downs, wisdom, strategies and the like in order to become highly succesful binary options traders.

Thanks.

hello, please where do i start from,i don't even know how to place a trade with meta-trader4.please i need some help, thanks

Get on the metatrader tutorial sites on line first. Find a low pip spread broker second. And try a trading community like forex nirvana or another forex specific forum. Are you trading with an EA or manually??

Hello, I'm pretty new to this and looking to do some relative value things around investment trusts (or similar securities).
Not sure if it is possible to find any trading parties in this area but I expect that if there is an answer I will find it here.
Hope to talk to some other members soon, even if it's just to say hello.

Cheers

Hi, I'm rakib hasan, trying to learn trading basics. I usually trade stocks in my native country. Wish to join international market someday.

Hello, I'm pretty new to this and looking to do some relative value things around investment trusts (or similar securities).
Not sure if it is possible to find any trading parties in this area but I expect that if there is an answer I will find it here.
Hope to talk to some other members soon, even if it's just to say hello.

Cheers

Hello Chaos. Please give a brief rundown of what type of trust you are looking at, what an investment trust is, and the purpose of this investment please,

Thanks.

Hello Chaos. Please give a brief rundown of what type of trust you are looking at, what an investment trust is, and the purpose of this investment please,

Thanks.

Hi,

An investment trust is a type of collective investment but is structured like a conventional public limited company rather than a typical investment fund. In theory, the fund or company is closed-end (although in practice some investment trust companies do effectively issue and cancel shares on demand).

.You invest in an equity share as opposed to a conventional collective investment unit.

There is no obligation on a fund manager to create or redeem your investment - instead you buy or sell it on the secondary equity market.

The share price is as per regular equities - i.e. whatever is available in the relevant market. This contrasts with the unit-based collective investments where the units' value is closely related to the value of the underlying investments.

The market-based pricing can lead to a discrepancy between actual and expected prices in the investment trust's shares, warrants and other securities.

My knowledge is a few years out of date on this so you may want to check this with someone with more recent exposure to this type of investment.

Kind regards,

Paul

Dear All,

Hello. I have been reading this form and wanted to get an advice if any one can provide. I really need the correct advice to go in the right direction. Many thanks in advance for reading the following text.

Please note at present I am studing Chartered Institute of Management Accountants at Managerial Level and want to build up a career in Investment Banking.

At present I am working as an Accounts Assistante in a software company.

Hence, please can you advise which qualification should I pursue to get an entry level position in an Investment Bank.

Moreover, please advise with my present background and future plans of pursuing a qualification in Investment Banking, are there any chances for me to get an entry in Investment Banking?

Please note I am funding my studies on my own and have a family as well. Hence, I will be more than obliged if I get correct advice.

Kind Regards.

Hi,

An investment trust is a type of collective investment but is structured like a conventional public limited company rather than a typical investment fund. In theory, the fund or company is closed-end (although in practice some investment trust companies do effectively issue and cancel shares on demand).

.You invest in an equity share as opposed to a conventional collective investment unit.

There is no obligation on a fund manager to create or redeem your investment - instead you buy or sell it on the secondary equity market.

The share price is as per regular equities - i.e. whatever is available in the relevant market. This contrasts with the unit-based collective investments where the units' value is closely related to the value of the underlying investments.

The market-based pricing can lead to a discrepancy between actual and expected prices in the investment trust's shares, warrants and other securities.

My knowledge is a few years out of date on this so you may want to check this with someone with more recent exposure to this type of investment.

Kind regards,

Paul

Thank you for the reply Paul. This sounds most fascinating as an investment over the medium term time frame. I will look into this further.

Thanks...

Bry.

Safcraker

Hello Everyone,
I'm from Arizona, (have to use a passenger pigeon I guess) and a Cubby fan. (Chicago Cubs) That's where I'm originally from, been a little while, though. Little town called McHenry. I'm now a little south of Sedona, Az., you may have heard of that little town. Actually, I'm looking for some good odds as to when the Cubs will ever win a WORLD SERIES ! Just think if you could pick that one at the start of the season.......long odds there. I take it the owner of this site is a Pittsburgh fan is why I mention that. Anyway, on a more serious note I'm about as green as green gets when it comes to this trading stuff. I am willing to take the time to learn what I need to in order to prepare myself to take the jump into the fire though, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure it has to be a little harder than some of the videos I've watched on YouTube, eh? So I'll just move over to the FAQ asked questions for starters but if there is anyone out there looking to take someone " under their wing" I'm all ears, thanks everyone.

That was quick, I said I was a greenhorn didn't I ? Any suggestions on where I could get a dictionary to the most basic terminology you guys use, lol, a lot of it is greek to me.

Hallo to all the members of the community!
My job is connected with microelectronics but I'm anxious to begin trading.
Though I've learned much I'm still hesitating to enter the FX.
I think that my questions will get good answers to be convinced that it is time to begin
(felix_2008)

Here is the daily stocks that are screened out, you might use it for learning and practice trading.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan

Also look at sub-category: Public chart lists and see how the other investors demonstrate their knowledge in identifying the chart patterns

Grate, looks like the place to practice and learn. Especially as you sat the 'public chart list' thanks for that. Been looking at topdogtrader - says trending is misnomer, as market tend to trend only 20% of the time. Any thoughts on topdogtrader?

hi, im a newcomer to this forum.im old school and i keep it simple, been laid off for a year now (wife works) trying to limit my system to swing trade qid/qld with heikin ashi charts(daily) think or swim, one oscilator.,mechanics are ok but head game can hurt sometimes