Sticky Introduce Yourself

Net working

I would like to be in touch with members who trade option on FTSE-100 and also like to know what is the best soft-ware available for real time option prices for FTSE 100 index options online

THANKS

stock trading career??

Hi all,

With time I have developed an interest in stock trading. With an motive to make money and to understand the volatility of stock market, I would like to make my career in this.
Can anyone please suggest what should I do? Can any training or course help me in this regard.
Please advise!!

Rachel

Hi all

New member here. I am currently at my last year of a 3-year Bachelor programme in finance.
I have become really interested in trading during the last year but im still at a learning level.
I hope to learn more on this site, especially strategies for equity and indicies trading.

Hi Guys, just another home based trader here.

Hello everyone,

Been a home trader for about a year and half now and just starting to get to a level where I am seeing consistent returns. Being stuck in a room staring at a screen all day can be painfully boring so just here for a bit of a chat and the chance to share my experiences and hopefully gain as much info as possible along the way. :cheesy:

Hi All - Just another noob

Hi all my name is James and I am 22. I am at a time in my life when I really need to seek some direction with just what the hell I am going to do with my life.

One thing is certain, It seems like today if you don't have a degree, you will never earn decent money, i've been scouring job sites for months and they all offer the same underpaid crap.

The truth is, my main drive is the desire to be self sufficient, being able to make money my self and of course making a decent amount to live comfortably.

I turned to stocks, I have been doing a fair bit of research and have been looking at spreadbetting and have played on demonstration accounts with success. Yeah I am 1k up in two days trading on oil just by staring all day at the common fluctuations, but I am sure this is probably beginners luck.

Seems to be a LOT to take in, and I am wondering if this seems a lot like sports gambling, which I had a sting on a few years ago and never returned. Had a system, studied and gambled it won me cash until I went on a 'tip' from someone and lost it all. I am wondering if this will be similar.

Not only that, but you seem to need at least 10k to get started, I can only dream of that right now!

Option writer

I had been doing some sort of trading since i was in my late teens in addition to my passion for real estate Business --i joined this site early last year Went into hybernation after losing hell of a lot of money in last october--But i struggled on with my own stratagies--i recouped all most all now:) I am now back in Action.
I take trading seriously now--I do only option writing--but has to buy back often to manage the risk--as i trade on margin[selling option-]
I would like to be in contact with experienced traders who trade on option FtSE-100 index--I do Short Strangle and Iron condor trades montly now . My average return 8%-10%a month
I am happy to teach newbies[two or three as a group] the basics of option trading if the time and place suits me-only-for those who are very passionate about optionetics .

I live very Near to the Excel centre--Royal dock where there is going to be an annual property show next week

Good luck with trading

hi guys

have been a member for a while, but really started looking in about a month ago. been tradeing on and off, made money and given it all back. now looking into doing it full time but this time with a plan and stop losses in place. ive picked up alot by reading a few of the post and hopefully might one day be able to share what ive learnt. thanks to all that have started treads and to all that have added to them, so many like myself can hopefully learn and become better traders.

neovij

K2A sucker?

Hi everyone!
I found this forum on my return from a K2A seminar when I decided to do some searches.

Suffice to say, I went into severe panic mode last night realising that I might have made an expensive mistake.

This morning, after a couple of phone calls, I feel a bit better. The company have apparantly either learned from pask mistakes or are not as bad as people make out. Anyhow, I have 7 days to do some further research and I can get a full refund if I decide not to go ahead. I also have an invite to pop along to their office and take a look.

Hello everyone, I am giving my first steps. I would like to know more about candlestick and swings.

James,Newbie here. I have been investing for the last three years. I have a very minimal knowledge of investing. All of my investing has been in the oil and gas industry long term investments or mutual funds. I have learned that I am not going to make the kind of money that I would like to by doing this so I am interested in learning other methods.

James,Newbie here. I have been investing for the last three years. I have a very minimal knowledge of investing. All of my investing has been in the oil and gas industry long term investments or mutual funds. I have learned that I am not going to make the kind of money that I would like to by doing this so I am interested in learning other methods.

Did you take advantage of the recent oil spike? I'm assuming you are a buy and hold investor. Are you looking to get into day or swing trading? If so , have you research the markets you want to be in? You can learn a lot from the traders in this forum. But you have to realize every trader has a different style and you have to find a slyle that works for you. Good luck

Hi there,

Boy here from the Netherlands. Thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself, after having been registered here for 1.5 years now. :whistling

I'm 27, have a B.Sc. in Finance & International Economics and a M.Sc. in Economics, I've always been interested in trading, but I only recently learned that nowadays, it's possible to use leverage, go short and get cheap (what's more, even free) realtime quotes in the retail forex market. These conditions have really rekindled my interest in trading, and I'm currently reading my way through a lot of the books recommended here for beginners regarding psychology, money mgt,TA, candlesticks, etc. Based on what I've read so far, I'm gravitating to a KISS price action oriented approach to trading.

I hope to have written a trading plan in a couple of months, after I've finished what I'd like to call basic ground school. Hope to be paper trading consistently profitable in a year from now, and only if I have been doing so for 3 to 6 months, will I get my feet wet with some real funds. Hope to reach financial independence before turning 40, which gives me a little under 13 years to do so. Maybe the above goals are a little unrealistic, but at least it gives me something to work to.:smart:

Cheers

Hi there,

Boy here from the Netherlands. Thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself, after having been registered here for 1.5 years now. :whistling

I'm 27, have a B.Sc. in Finance & International Economics and a M.Sc. in Economics, I've always been interested in trading, but I only recently learned that nowadays, it's possible to use leverage, go short and get cheap (what's more, even free) realtime quotes in the retail forex market. These conditions have really rekindled my interest in trading, and I'm currently reading my way through a lot of the books recommended here for beginners regarding psychology, money mgt,TA, candlesticks, etc. Based on what I've read so far, I'm gravitating to a KISS price action oriented approach to trading.

I hope to have written a trading plan in a couple of months, after I've finished what I'd like to call basic ground school. Hope to be paper trading consistently profitable in a year from now, and only if I have been doing so for 3 to 6 months, will I get my feet wet with some real funds. Hope to reach financial independence before turning 40, which gives me a little under 13 years to do so. Maybe the above goals are a little unrealistic, but at least it gives me something to work to.:smart:

Cheers

Sounds like a world of fun ahead for you mate. :D

Looks like you are very qualified dude, I'm studying part time for a finance degree (F**king hard work) I know a lot of people like to paper trade or trade from demo accounts until they are consistent but IMHO I reckon its worth going live sooner. I have found that trading demo accounts is very very different from trading live due to the lack of emotion involved, the bottom line is you know its not really money. Get comfortable with a demo account first but I wouldn’t get stuck trading on one for too long however im sure there are others who disagree with that, just my view and thought it was something worth factoring into your plan. But sounds like you got it pretty locked down. Good luck fella (y)

Last edited:
Sounds like a world of fun ahead for you mate. :D

Looks like you are very qualified dude, I'm studying part time for a finance degree (F**king hard work) I know a lot of people like to paper trade or trade from demo accounts until they are consistent but IMHO I reckon its worth going live sooner. I have found that trading demo accounts is very very different from trading live due to the lack of emotion involved, the bottom line is you know its not really money. Get comfortable with a demo account first but I wouldn’t get stuck trading on one for too long however im sure there are others who disagree with that, just my view and thought it was something worth factoring into your plan. But sounds like you got it pretty locked down. Good luck fella (y)

Oh yeah, lots of fun ahead, no doubt!:clap:

You're absolutely right about the lack of emotion involved in paper trading, and I understand your reasoning. My reasoning for going live later is as follows: if I don't have a method that is profitable on paper in the first place, I'm throwing money away going live for sure. If I do have proven myself to be profitable on paper, going live can only result in failure if I somehow screw up psychologically and deviate from my own rules. It shouldn't be my method/system, since that would have a profitable track record (albeit with paper money). So being profitable on paper first not only would minimize the chance that failure with live money is due to a malfunctioning method/system, but it would also give me the confidence needed to keep adhering to my rules when in a drawdown situation, because I know it should work, having been profitable on paper with it first.

Good luck with your finance degree btw. Some subjects are nasty indeed, especially when doing it part time and all. :)

Did you take advantage of the recent oil spike? I'm assuming you are a buy and hold investor. Are you looking to get into day or swing trading? If so , have you research the markets you want to be in? You can learn a lot from the traders in this forum. But you have to realize every trader has a different style and you have to find a slyle that works for you. Good luck

I am a buy and hold. I have been doing well with the recent oil spike. I would like to try out both day trading and swing trading. Both types of trading has got my interest, it is just like you said though, I would have to find out what works best for me. I haven't done any research on any other markets other than the oil and gas sector. I work in the oil and gas industry so I have got a certain comfort zone I guess you could say about it. I have recently started to look into precious metals, but until I learn some more I am just going to stay where I am at.

Hi I'm Andy

Recently jumped into trading but not wealthy enough by far to do it straight. So like a lot of people may be on here I'm on the spreads. I have ambition high hopes. I'm extremely disciplined, that's my no1 strength, learning the rest though, including TA, FA , - Just read John F Carter's "mastering the trade" and found it to be brilliant. This one centres on normal stock trading but the techniques in there are spot on, and very powerful - albeit some call for methods outside most spread platforms like for example keltner channels. Here to read and learn mainly, will throw in my 2p's worth when I think my advice is worth giving! All for now :)