Sticky Introduce Yourself

hi everyone,

im starting a grad job in sept. and have been thrusted into a Forex trading role (which I know nothing about). I only really have theoretical knowledge, and even then its solely been Equities.

Looking forward to make good use of this forum, any suggestions on where to begin (book-wise) would be great

Hi, All

I'm a ThinkorSwimmer. What a great trading platform. Great support as well. Learn every day. Only been day trading a few months, but the lights are beginning to go on.:clap::clap::clap:

Fabrizzio from the Netherlands

Great forum here on T2W and much thanks to all the experienced traders sharing some of their experiences and knowledge!

I have begun two months ago with studying all the books I could find on swing/daytrading. The best being Welcome to my trading room and Trading for a living from A. Elder.

I am mostly papertrading on TWS(IB) right ansd am doing the occasional little real live trade. Not to make money but to see If the papertrade account works similar to the real thing.

My current target is getting a feel for the indicators. I am mostly using MACD, EMA(9,16, 26) and Stochastic, next to trendlines.

What I am working on is training to fiddle/adjust the indicators for better indication, but afraid to adjust them that they tell me what I want to know.

Anybody read Rocket science for traders? Is it any good?

hi, i am trying to be a technical analyst.i have knowledge of candlestic charting and many other as triangles.head @ shoulders double top point & figure but i am afraid to apply in my trading. i want to develope my confidence. so i joined this site so that i can share others experience.

I'm Lost......

Well my name is Steve...

So I have been actively trying to trade and I started out not knowing a lot and was quite successful...is that what you would call beginners luck?....So I'll give away my strategy for free.... it was this....I would watch the FTSE 100 and as I wanted a minimum of 100 points profit I would wait till it had declined by more than that amount and looked for an entry point. I made about the same as my salary each month (as the FTSE100 was going up on average by 30 points a week) so was quite pleased for about ten months before the big crash.....Ouch! the vehicle I was trading did not have any way of placing stops (directly) and er.. it got a bit volatile didn't it!.

So now I am looking for the holy grail...I wasn't looking for it until I heard it didn't exist as I was happy in my ignorance but when I heard it was a myth I wanted to find it through technical analysis of course (fundamental analysis being far too complicated) and all of those courses that one buys. That did not work. So then I did find a couple of things by myself that actually worked for day trading and then I stopped using them because I was actually making money.

Anyone recognise this symptom and got the medicine for it........?

Regards

Steve

Well my name is Steve...

In the book 'Market Wizards' Jack Schwager asks an important question "What makes people successful in the markets?". He interviewed many of the greatest traders and investors around during the 80's and 90's and came to a conclusion. They all used systems that made sense to them on a personal level. Their systems matched their personalities.
They had developed or found approaches that worked for them. If you took the winning model from wizard A and gave it to wizard B there would be absolutely no guarantee that it would work or turn a profit, because it would no longer match the personality of the person using it.

If you are feeling lost then keep searching, keep reading, keep on learning for tomorrow you may found a clue to a system that works just for you.

Hello every one thank you for all the message you post, I am new about 2yrs in FX trading. Glad to know you guys.
Saetech in Dubai

Hello there my name is Mark and i'm very inexperienced in trading and as yet apart from an isa a few years ago never traded a share in my life.
I've got a hell of a lot to learn and i've been reading the first steps forum which is very imformative and hopefully i will be taking the plung soon.
Thank for letting me join this forum where genuine people are posting.

Hi all,

New member in the UK. Been dabbling for about 8 months with systems - only one of which worked and I couldn't use as I work full-time. Desperately seeking advice on good systems which I can work around a full time job AND good information so I can learn it all (;)) myself.

Hello
I'm from Germany and new to trading - but not new to developing complex math-based systems.
My main problem right now is finding my broker, deciding which markets to cover, programming api
and developing my own platform. My goal is to learn to trade and then to teach the pc to do it.
The last part should not the problem :)
Timeframe will be short. KISS will definitely be integrated :)

Consistency

Hello everyone,

Consistency, I heard, is absolutely needed when tradin or betting. I am trading now for about eight months and I must say I have been very consistent in losing money practically every day. I have about 21 different strategies, bought about ten robots, whom I all fired in the end. I am as good as the next in recognising patterns, but I seem to draw the wrong conclusions. But I still am working on it. I hope TTW will be of help.
That's it, cheers, Guus

Hi All,

I am new to this site and reading some of the contents and discussion, not very surprised, why it was highly recommended by a friend of mine ..

My name is Kulbir.. Financial IT expert.. Done fair bit of CFD and spread betting . Now looking to make a career out of it..

Will love to explore it this site a lot and will like to contribute to it, to my possible level best

Cheers
Kulbir

Hi all,

New member in the UK. Been dabbling for about 8 months with systems - only one of which worked and I couldn't use as I work full-time. Desperately seeking advice on good systems which I can work around a full time job AND good information so I can learn it all (;)) myself.

well if your looking for a system dat can keep u on d job n trading as well then i got d right tools for u,u come to ur PC only 6times a day trading on 4hour chart,my powerful custom indicators do all d anaylsis,n give u a minimum 1000pips+ profit monthly. i work to so i know wat u mean,but i can tell u am winning d two!! cheers bro

Hello everyone,

Consistency, I heard, is absolutely needed when tradin or betting. I am trading now for about eight months and I must say I have been very consistent in losing money practically every day. I have about 21 different strategies, bought about ten robots, whom I all fired in the end. I am as good as the next in recognising patterns, but I seem to draw the wrong conclusions. But I still am working on it. I hope TTW will be of help.
That's it, cheers, Guus

you sure dont really sound like it,but i actually have a system dat works,would like to help.

Hello
I'm from Germany and new to trading - but not new to developing complex math-based systems.
My main problem right now is finding my broker, deciding which markets to cover, programming api
and developing my own platform. My goal is to learn to trade and then to teach the pc to do it.
The last part should not the problem :)
Timeframe will be short. KISS will definitely be integrated :)

It is nice to see your profile, and your line of thinking meets mine.
I have extensively worked on risk management/risk reporting systems, so will like to be full time trader one day moving out of my current IT responsibility..

Will love computers with AI work for me, rather than me killing all my day infront of computer..

Hope to see you around

Evening! I'm based in the UK and am BRAND new to trading. I'm in a fortunate position of having a great job that I love (hospital doctor), so trading is certainly not (well, not right now..!) a career change for me. Being basically a nerd at heart, am looking forward (this is actually true!!) to getting my teeth into some technical analysis. I suspect that I'll be lurking for a while as I start reading up, then try and contribute a bit more as the fog clears and I make the first tentative steps into understanding. Glad to be aboard!