Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all

I am new to trading and to this great forum.
Trying to improve my knowledge about markets and trading

hello - looking for fx trading friends

I am still learning to trade and looking for a successful trader to help me on my quest for pips

interests are americana music, guitars, songwriting. I have been playing for over 30 years and most ppl say I am good (still learning that too)

also interested in zen buddhism and live my life from the beginners mind point of view

anybody want to join me in my trading journey?

Hello from France

Hello for all. Sorry for my poor english. I try to understand all yours good threads.
Regards
J.P

Hi there,

I found this site via Google by chance, when I was actually searching for trading hours. After registering, I went straight to FAQs, I find it to be very interesting. Everyone sharing ideas and comments about trading.
I started with online forex trading about a month ago and I am enjoying it since. I started small but as of today, the amount did triple. I watch news, mainly about all the financial situations in every part of the world. It does helps a little. I still need to learn a lot about forex trading, still need to work on my predictions.

Looking forward to any comments and ideas from anyone who have understand trading better and would like to share views in this forum.

Hi everyone,

I am new to FX trading and came across this site through a Google search. From what I have seen so far, there is a lot of knowledge and thoughts in the postings.

I hope to learn from others' experiences as well as from the collective wisdom of all members.

Thanks and happy trading!!

Hi,
hello to all of you genius people. who have chosen to change their lives by getting into one of the most dynamic field. i am new to trading. reading from websites, books. my honour to be the part of the group.
pmalik

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hello there, just like to say that I am interested in computers, reading all sorts of material, follow the stock market, and now looking into doing a little speadbetting. hope this site will provide some answers to some of my interests. Thank you

Getting started in Spreadbetting

Hi all,

I have just got into spread betting quite recently.

I received in February what appeared to be a rather generous offer from paddyypower to cover my losses up t0 £400 for opening their trader a/c. (fyi I previously had a very small betting a/c with them....total losses to date £80, it just was a fun Saturday football bet a/c I used when they had good odds as I noted on betbrain and oddschecker)

Anyway after being up and down for a few weeks, I had to call in the £400 loses from paddypower and they refunded it in minutes from the time of my request.
Well I set off again and I have now ran up £1800 of profit in 4 weeks, mainly on US indices.

I came across this forum by accident searching for info and education on spreadbetting.

From reading many threads on this forum over the last few days (which I have really enjoyed and also very thankful for all the advise of experience), I now realize.
1. I have no strategy and was trading on hunches and effectively gambling.
2. Made mistakes of setting stop losses too close
3. Did not cut loses in time...moved stop loss to give losers "another chance/time"
4. Was way overtrading v my bankroll...but got lucky
+ probably other mistakes that have not registered with me

So thanks to this forum I am certain I need to get a strategy and gameplan together before I blow the almost £2k.

I have read all the threads and posts on Mr Spreadbettings system, trader333 and trader_dantes review plus others, and I am thinking of buying it from my gains. However I am unsure if I should just buying the original package, which is now £89 or go the whole hog and get the PDP as well. Any advise here would be appreciated.

Also I am looking at moving away from paddypower, as tighter spreads appear to be on offer elsewhere...I am considering twowayspreads and Shortsandlong. At the worst I get another freeroll from their introductory offers.

Finally I have rarely posted on any forum before, so if this misposting is misplaced or I botch posting protocal in some way please bear with me.

Hi,

I am a novice trader doing some trades on the e-minis last year and now have chosen this as a new career path and have been trading full time the past two months. I didn't say I am making money but I am trading full time.

I look forward to reading and learning from the various posts and as I become more proficient then hopefully I will be able to contribute as well.

Regards,
Kevin

OPPS
y`AL GR8 ON A GR8 SITE IT SEEMS,HOPE I AIN`T THE ONLY NOICE ROUND HERE?JUST CREPT IN AFTER TRADING ON MY DUMMY FOREX FLATFORM FOR 2 MONTHS,I WANT TO START TRADNG FOR REAL NOW ON PART TIME ALONG SIDE MY FULL TIME JOB BUT STILL LIKE MIXES UP ON HOW TO GO ABUT IT.BUT FEEL NOW I AM IN THE CLUB AND WIL GROVE ON WITH HELP IN LOTS AND TIPS IN HEAPS.

Hi all. Am here to know how to trade on a daily basis only. There is always a new method of losing money and I am here to share the good things and to curtail the mistakes in the system. All the comments are welcome.

OPPS
y`AL GR8 ON A GR8 SITE IT SEEMS,HOPE I AIN`T THE ONLY NOICE ROUND HERE?JUST CREPT IN AFTER TRADING ON MY DUMMY FOREX FLATFORM FOR 2 MONTHS,I WANT TO START TRADNG FOR REAL NOW ON PART TIME ALONG SIDE MY FULL TIME JOB BUT STILL LIKE MIXES UP ON HOW TO GO ABUT IT.BUT FEEL NOW I AM IN THE CLUB AND WIL GROVE ON WITH HELP IN LOTS AND TIPS IN HEAPS.

1239201144489.jpg

Introduction

Hi there
My name is Wbetts and I am very new and want to learn how to trade. I am hoping that this website can lead me in the right direction.

hi....im a retired banker and now managing a hong kong/china stock private equity fund...it seems there are many people interested in trading hk/china stocks, so i decided to reveal our trading portfolio in a timely manner to greet all potential investors....totally free.

Hi All. I am brand new to this site, and a total novice at intra-day trading. I am a hydrologist by profession who makes use of real time systems to track things like floods, and also predict what is going to happen in the short term future. I believe the real-time techniques used for hydrological / hydraulic modelling could have application for short term (intra-day) share trading. I would like to explore this assumption, as the idea of a trained, automated intra-day trading piece of software is a romantic notion to consider for a person like me.

So, does any piece of software like this exist (i.e. fully automated, trainable?).

Regards to all...