Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello From JR

Hi Sharky and everyone else.

Thought I'll introduce myself, have been a member for a while but only recently became really active and thouht of posting some stuff.
I've been at spreadbetting indexes and some FTSE100 stocks, but only recently started full time due to redundancy.
I thought this is as good a time as ever to make this a career or go home.
Been at it for 6 weeks now and would very much like to just meet with some like minded traders in my local or in London otherwise.

I'm confident yet realistick about this journey and I'm hoping you guys and girls will be patient with my lurking and questions!

Thanks a Lot

JR

Hi all,

I am a forex trader for 2 years. I trade almost only with robots, and I wrote a software to capture histories by tick and optimize trading robots.

Please see S-P-LOG

I get good results, like : profit factor > 3, win factor > 80%. It's the first time I win on forex.
My best robots use prices only. They work because they are optimized with tick-by-tick histories.

As an example, please see attached report file.

Attachments

• FxBreakout_EURUSD.pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 410
Hi T2W. 1st post...please go easy with me..

New to trading. Just trading a demo account with Capital for now. Started Friday and have made £270 in 2 days over 8 trades with 100% SR. I'm sure that will change very soon lol..

Have background in music/tv and working for fincancial vendors in the city etc (alon time ago mergers lol)- i'm stumped if i can remember what all the products and charts did now so will need to retrain from scratch.. I also run some relatively decent trading activity on Betfair (though selling low and buying high is obivously a no no in the real trading world).

I am looking to use a spread betting platform as the spreads approach appeals and less overheads for now it seems . i will concentrate only on the FTSE100 to begin, hopefully using a mix of, strategies that i can devise through research , strategies i come across along the way ready made free or for cash or just learn to trade/scalp.

I have heard good things about the Wealthbuilder which i am investigating as well as others. Any advice on this would very helpful.

I need to get up to speed with the techincal analysis & charting so if anyone can point me in the direction of the best products/feeds available, any must read material, academy or training crash courses i'd be very grateful. (i know the basic of charting etc but not in depth analyse of the markets as such, which i know is a must)

Lastly i came across a guy called David aka the FTSE100trader (videos available on you tube - i am not affiliated by the way). Would anyone know anything about this guy?

anyways.. thats it folks

good luck with whatever it is you do

carlos

If i could learn to walk - maybe i could run

Last edited:
Hi

I'd just like to introduce myself. I have only been trading for a month or so, have made a few mistakes but have hopefully learned from them. I seem to have improved quite a bit over the last couple of weeks so hopefully that will continue!

Anyone got an opinion on JN Financial? Thinking of opening a CFD account with them.

Hello from Cornwall

Just to say hello. I am a beginner forex 'gran' aged 61. I have been learning forex via the internet for 4 months, and made all the mistakes in the book so far. But I am beginning slowly to improve and not blow out my demo account.

My first experience was a live micro account with Easyforex. I had no idea what I was doing and it was a disaster. I went into this without even having tried (or knowing about) a demo account, but it was a good lesson if one closes one's eyes to the $300, because it gave a terrifyingly real idea of how quickly ignorance can blow your account.

I progressed to a demo with FXCM, then a micro account with them, then a second demo account as the first only lasted 30 days. I managed to make the micro account last for 6 weeks or so and then wiped it out with margin calls, and now I am focused on finding a mentor and not trading live until I can double a demo account.

Ready for the next step

I have only been trading for about 7 months. Have managed to learn what not to do and that was a bit costly though most of my trades were on paper. But I also feel that this has been a tough market to learn in. I can't wait for it to stabalize so I can practice without the high volatility. I still consider myself a student and look forward to absorbing all I can from this site.

Hey, every buddy here!
I am from China, and currently preparing for opening my own branch about 5 experienced trader. Any suggestions? Wish you all good day!

Hi my name is BanditDJB. I have been trading for about a year and I am still trying to find a strategy that works for me (my personality). I have tried a few and I usually triple my money and then loose it right back. I am on this forum to understand other strategies and look for new ways to experiment until i find something that works good enough for me to have a better win to loose ratio. I am looking forward to talking to some of you and having a good time on this forum. I have a sense of humor but I do take things literally. Nice to meet you all, and don't forget my spelling sucks

Hi All,

Been 'investing' (hope thats not a dirty word on this forum) through a self select ISA for a few years with some success, and thought I might give trading a go. I am in the process of testing via paper trades a system which uses fundamental analysis for stock pre-selection and TA for timing the trades. No doubt will have some Q's as time and the system progresses.
Good to be here.
Rich

Hi friends,

I'm a novice trader and make a lot of mistakes as a day trader. I start trade since last week after I trial at virtual trade for 6 month. At the virtual I made a lot of fake money but at areal account I lost my money. So i want to learn and learn more knowledge and strategy from all of you.

Andre Raming