Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone I am totally new to trading though I have been following neil leitchs wealthbuilder with a demo acount,I was wondering if anyone had tried Ian williams marketraiderplus software.Hopeing to learn a lot from you all.thanks

New member - Cardiff

I am a newcomer to T2W and find the overall content very enlightening. I have traded shares for some years until around 2004. I then became interested in spread betting and paper traded for 2-3 years. I have live traded on and off for about 1 year and paid my dues in that time (-3K) but I regard this as paying for my apprenticeship! Had a lot of good advice/info from a guy called John Bartlett and purchased a couple of his training CD's which I found useful. Took his advice to look at Fx in favour of betting on the shares and index's. Am finding this much more favourable to my bank balance. Am profitable so far. I would consider myself a very short term trader - possibly you would call that scalping. It seems to work for me, but still make mistakes but these are becoming fewer. Would welcome hearing from any members about their experiences with Fx and if in the Cardiff area so much the better. Maybe some social contact would be nice.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi. I am from Cape Town and user of Wyckoff Method of Trading. I do real trades on the E-Mini. I would like to know more about VSA trading program.

Hi trader's

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site.
It's really good site for traders that helping us and of course me to learn to be good trader.
Thanks admin thank's everyone and good luck in this business.(y)

I'm not well on English. Sorry.

another day aboard rms titanic..

jeez them icebergs appear all over the place..
ok it may be snowing ..with a bit of black ice on the M62.. (even been wearing shades watching the bbc news..if i see another damn snowman..with a broken carrot for a mike gatting nose and bowler hat.. ala the lil monopoly guy....im going long on rio tinto..ha haaaaaaa)..

please pleez mr putin open up gazprom..to the markets..
(i'll even send you agnetha.(the blonde abba..gal)..to voulez vous you..)
before another heatwave hits us this summer..(like the last three.. :0(..

sinking isnt the feeling i like.(ok going down with kate winslet..aint to bad..(she cries enough to start a tsunami..),,but hey kewt kate..could share a ..ford t with her anyday.. :0)..
yup im into spreading..who aint???

i long to go short with kate but..alas leonardo waiting long in the wings..damn

Fxcm

Hello Trader community... I am proud to join this group. The site very informative and helpful. My question is I am fairly new to Forex Trading, but have been doing home work for last 12 months. I've decided to go with ECN broker to avoid maker makers with a dealig desk. My delima is, there are so many ECN brokers with different perporietory software, I am litterally overwhelmed! I like FXCM platform it's user freindly, but opening an account with them is complicated. Does anyone had a nice experience with any particular ECN broker or Market Maker for that matter? Please help. Your input is appreciated.
M.J.
We are professional trades and we use FXCMs platform. It gives us lots of details, very friendly and easy to use. FXCM do not charge high spreads and give excellent customer service. I would recommend using them anytime, it´s worth the effort to open an account with them. They only need what everyone should ask for; proof of ID and address. Be wary of new brokers offering greta deals (usually charge little but get the money back on slippage). Go with one of the big boys to be sure. We use FXCM in London because we are London based andare very happy with them.
Summary What to look for in an onlineForex broker/dealer:

1. Low Spreads. In Forex trading the spread is the difference between the buy and sell price of any given currency pair. Lower spreads save you money.

2. Low minimum account openings. For those that are new to Forex trading and for those that don t have millions of dollars in risk capital to trade, being able to open a micro trading account with only $250 (we recommend at least $1,000) is a great feature for new traders.

3. Instant automatic execution of your orders. This is very important when choosing a Forex broker. Don t settle with a firm that re-quotes you when you click on a price or a firm that allows for price slippage . This is very important when trading for small profits. You want what we call a WYSIWYG (pronounced wiz-ee-wig) broker! This means you want instant execution of your orders and the price you see and "click" is the price that you should get...WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get!

4. Free charting and technical analysis Choose a broker that gives you access to the best charting and technical analysis available to active traders. Look for a broker that provides free professional charting services and allows traders to trade directly on the charts.

5. Leverage Leverage can either make you super rich or super broke. Most likely, it will be the latter. As an inexperienced trader, you don't want too much leverage. A good rule of thumb is to not use more than 100:1 leverage for Standard (100k) accounts and 200:1 for Mini (10k) accounts.

Hope this helps.:smart:
Stephen
CEO at Sterling Traders Ltd
Welcome to Sterling Traders Ltd

hi,

i m a 21y old guy from belgium,

i havent done live trading so far, but planning to start very soon,

I ve come across point and figure charts which are increadable!

2nd thing, i ve read lots of reviews about FAP TURBO, a forex robot, and well, it confuses me A LOT!
Can a robot make money? why do they give such a good support, a forum and answer all your questions? etc... bottem line: I feel like purchasing it and give it a try, you never know... or do i sound like a fool right now?

hope yo find the answers here,

best wishes,

Welcome to the forum. I have heard a lot about various robots, but be aware that many of the reviews done by "independants" are just peple seling the software. We would all welcome a real analysis, so buy the FAP turbo use it on a demo and let us know how you get on. Don´t forget that results on a live account will be less than a demo. Also remember to use careful money management on your settings so you don´t get blown out in a couple of bad trades. Good luck and keep in touch.
Also don´t be worried about sounding like a fool, better to ask than keep quiet and lose money.:D
CEO, Sterling Traders Ltd (London)
Welcome to Sterling Traders Ltd

New Registrant

Hello everyone,

I am a new registrant to T2W. I reside in Jacksonville Florida and have been trading actively for about 3 1/2 years. I am currently trading futures and forex and focus mainly on the eur/usd, gold, oil, grains, emini dow and S&P, and bonds. I would love to find someone in the Jacksonville area to chat with during the trading day or anyone for that matter. I am mostly a discretionary trader. If you are interested in chatting during the trading day just send me a message. I look forward to being a member of T2W.

Introduce myself

Hidy ho fellow day traders. I'm new to this site, so I don't know the ins and outs of this particular site yet. I've been a day trader for over 4 years now primarily in the equities / options market. The startup was rather rough and expensive - guess that's the normal progression for day traders. Since then things have smoothed out.

Since I'm new, I wanted to ask if there are traders from the southern NH or northern MA area on this site? I'd exchange day trading ideas.

Hi everyone, of course you can guess I am new here and to trading. My husband actually came across this last week and we have been researching all week long as well as playing on a demo to get the hang of it and find out what we need to know before we dip a toe in. We have opened our account and will hopefully be ready to go tomorrow night. Baby steps at first of course till we get a feel for what is really going on and how we handle things.

I am a fulltime student in WebDesign and Multimedia as well as a veteran of the Army. DH works an apartment remodeler. I think he is making his own account here or did last night so should see us here from time to time with tons of questions or silently reading. :)

Hello,
I am also quite new to this forum, I like the diversity of many different topics, as I trade on multiple timeframes and markets. Good luck to everyone !

Hi I found this site through Google, I have been trading since the early nineties and earn my income from trading Forex.
Will contribute when I can.

cheers

Peaceful_Warrior

Interesting, what kind of trading do you do, and broker ? FX is just a part of my trading, but I am looking for ways to improve. I only do manual ( discretionary ) trading, no robots.

New to this site - hello!!

Hi folks

just a quick hello as I am new to this site and I am not sure if I am posting this in the proper place but here it is anyway.

My name is Ben and have been trading for about 6 months now with decent returns but have also made some silly mistakes but it is a pretty steep learning curve. I am into spread betting mostly and look at all the main indicies and UK and US stocks and my best success to date was with Apple, bought at 89 dollars and is now sitting at around 98 / 99 and I reckon it could break through the 100 mark soon. Be great to swap some ideas / chat and experiences with you guys. Most of my research isa through fundamentals using a trading platform I got from CMC markets, Bloomberg, ADVfN, Investors Chronicle and the usual news sites.

Good luck and Happy trading.

Ben