Sticky Introduce Yourself

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good training program I could follow to gain experiance and guidance in the stock tading field

Hi everyone, came accross this site today while doing some research. Never traded before but it is something I have followed for some time, working in the finacial industry, and I really want to learn more.

I am also looking for somewhere to get some historical intraday prices to download and play around with. Either tick, 1,5,15 minute. Don't need a huge range of quotes (just a couple of indicies, S&P, nasdaq, etc) for some decent time span. Just want some real data to look at while reading and investigating different avenues.

Hi everyone, came accross this site today while doing some research. Never traded before but it is something I have followed for some time, working in the finacial industry, and I really want to learn more.

I am also looking for somewhere to get some historical intraday prices to download and play around with. Either tick, 1,5,15 minute. Don't need a huge range of quotes (just a couple of indicies, S&P, nasdaq, etc) for some decent time span. Just want some real data to look at while reading and investigating different avenues.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I use it all the time . It has real time qoutes and a lot of detailed reports . But to mess around with its great (money.aol.com)
Try that an see iof it fits

FX Daily Recommendations

Try this Forex Historical Data

GoldTip

Hello all,
I am new to this site and new to day trading. I got tired of other people loosing my money so I'm taking the matter in to my own hands. :) Anyone in the Michigan area?

Hi everybody, my name is Artem, I'm trader from Ukraine, 3 years in FOREX....I like intraday TA without trend indicators......very happy that find this community:)

Hello everyone !

Just thought I would introduce myself to everyone. Although I have done some stock transactions in the past with modest results, I'm new to trading as a regular business.

In the past two / three years I've studied a lot on this subject. Bought books, surfed the internet, forums, like this fine forum, gathered tons of information, just to find out what is available, and finding out what works, and more important, what works for me.
Fields of research: fundamental / technical analysis, stocks, options, futures, CFD's.
Trading instruments like indicators, cycles, trend lines, S/R levels, astrology, market geometry, patterns, etc, etc.
I've written a program from scratch to make stock selections. That is time consuming, but the advantage is that you have to go to the essence of the matter of indicators, market behavior, etc..

Besides the technical part of trading, I've spend much time on the subject of psychology, money management and risk management.

After that I've made a choice what and how to trade. (to start with). I designed a set of rules to enter, to follow and to exit the market. The plan is to trade CFD's on 2 or 3 European indices. Trend detection on weekly basis, entry / exit on daily/hourly basis. (depends on my time). I've a full time job, so I have to do the analysis and setups in the evenings.

When this step was ready I've written my trading plan, see the index below:

1 Trading goal and focus
2 Overall philosophy of my strategy
3 Psychology
4 Money management and risk management
5 Trend (Direction)
6 Pullback (Slot timing)
7 Entry (Momentum)
8 Exit
9 Getting Started
10 Contingency plan
11 Daily routine in detail

After that I've done some paper trading with two goals in mind: 1) does my system have a positive expectancy and 2) do I have the discipline to follow the market in the evenings and do all the work necessary.

Based on the outcome, since a week of two, I am ready to enter the market. Waiting patiently now for the start of a new trend ... in the middle of the world wide financial crisis with a ^VIX above 50... :rolleyes:

But I am very determined to make this a success!

I discovered this site from google and I am happy to join your community.

Regard.

welcome unipal, i like it when people put serious effort into trading, keep us updated how live trading goes. drop me an email and we can sharestrategies and experience. nikolai.lou|AT|gmail.com

Hi, I've been a member for years but somehow never got around to making use of the forum. I suppose I have been what Sharky calls a 'lurker' .. sounds like something you get arrested for!
Anyway, I'm taking part now and hope to come fully on board this time.
Cheers.

Last edited:
hi everybody,
I have been on trading since last trading day of 1999, unfortunately I am a looser, I have tried penny to Blue chips, day to year trading. Share value of one company went so low that I had to donate it to a charity, some companies are suspended. The latest buy trade was Barclays and I have not yet paid my broker, the broker will sell the shares and will clsoe my account and will press to get the differenc (Bought cost-soldprice). I wonder if any one has any idea how to get over the proble.
Sorry, I am introducing myself with problem. But I wish everybody success in their mission.
Good luck and all the best.
Robiee

introduce myself

:)Hi everybody, i join your community from Switzerland. I did trading on equity and Index options for the last 15 years. i have a large knowledge about FX and Equity markets.

hello

I am starting to trade more regularly and I am looking for a good place for discussion. I originally found this site by googling for "excel function bollinger band". Haven't found it yet but here I go!

I hope this turns out to be a fruitful relationship, where the fruits are dollars in our bank accounts. Cheers!

-M

Hello from Portugal

Here I am from Portugal and starting in the learning process about FOREX.

Hope that this forum can give me what I need to be a successful forex trader....

Hi ,

I am Tjong from Jakarta Indonesia .
I am currently trading US stock and option in Interactivebrokers and thinkorswim and local
stock in Jakarta Stock exchange.

I have been gaining quite some experiences in US market and if any of you as new starters want to
know more about anything , please just share your questions here.

Rgds,
Tjong

Dear All,
I joined from Poland.
I dealt with investing few years ago, thinking about returning.
So, whish me luck :))

best for all
orta