Sticky Introduce Yourself

Howdy!

Howdy y'all!
New to the site and new to trading. Bought a few books, read a lot online, and am enrolled in a workshop all to prepare for trading.

I'm in my early 20s and live on the west coast. I'd like to earn enough trading to supplement my income in the entertainment industry.

Haven't picked a broker yet but would like to go the direct access route. My only concern is that I don't really know much about them. I trade on my mac (used to build my own PC's, converted to the better side of life in college) so I need a broker that is compatible. Just cut the jokes and rude comments, I've spent plenty of time in the PC world and hate Windows (especially vista) with a passion.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your recommendations. I hope I can contribute to the site.

Hi There

Hi there everyone, my name is Drew and i'm very new to all this. I am looking to want to learn about forex trading and stumbled across this website which looked promising. I am 38 years old and just getting started.:D

Hi am bsgzone, just new to this forum, am also new to forex trading and hoping to know more about spreadbetting and other financial trading opportunties. Help to gain from this site and from members and also sharing helpful informations. thanks

Hi there

Hi,

I'm Karl, I've been position trading for just over a year now and have met with mixed results. I've made a small profit but nothing to write home about.

So, I'm here to try and pick up some info on improving my trading success in light of the recent volatility in the markets.

Cheers,
Karl

Hi all

I am an out of work equity boker living currently based in Frankfurt (org from London). Have been interested in Trading for a while and started recently but now I have the time to soak up some info real fast!
Very interesting site and welcome the tips,strategies and success`on offer.

Regards

The Pin

Hello there. I'm a business owner that has a ton of time to do other stuff and make some extra cash. I've been trying day trading for a few months with no success. I have developed a great system for my business and now would like to do the same with trading. I need a system. Hope I can find one here.

-B

Hello... Trading software?

Dear all

a big hello to trading community. can someone please let me know which trading software shall i use for Indian market. thanks.

rgds
praveen

Hello all

I am newbie and learning about Forex principles...I have been doing it since last year and still learning...so it seems that learning process never stops...so it is the way it means to be if we want to succeed...

now I am looking for info that may help me learn important stuffs like technical or fundamental analysis...now I am learning about a scalping method...it seems that scalping is easier during boring time based on same certain patterns like up and down several times before next news release....that is what i have been learning...

I have been dealing in demo account for 2 months and realized that it was and is not easier than I expected, it seems runs against me...and recently i opened a real account, and i am making a small profit like 10-20 pips a day with least lot, max 1:5, to keep my loss low...

hope that here we teach each other to get us started and succeed as well in volatile market...

regards
gergin

Hi to All,

I am new to the idea of trading. I have been paper trading for only a week and found myself discovering new interests. Hopefully, by joining this forum, I will be able to learn from experienced traders. I found this forum on google and I am already liking it! Very good set up!
RobbySan

Hello everyone !
You have such a nice forum where everyone can share their opinion about differnet matters considering trading.
As of now i'm still a novice in trading but with your help i think i'll try to get better at this.
Thanks in advance and good luck to you all!

Hi,

Does anybody use I dealing.com as a direct acess broker. I was trying to use Interactive Brokers but I have found them impossible to contact about transfering funds. I trade UK stocks have been using Etrade but need to put in stops as I can not always be at my screen. Are there any other brokers?

Hey, of course. Are you in the UK? You might be best spreadbetting then. Direct access platforms that I have used in the past include: igindex.co.uk and cantorindex.co.uk

Cantorindex.co.uk is what I currently use as they only have 1 pip spread for forex pairs (eurusd and eurgbp) which makes 1 minute trading very profitable (igindex charge 2 points). I used to trade shares, but found it more profitable to spreadbet forex with similar strategies, simply due forex moving much more and being more liquid market.

If you sign up with cantorindex you can say I referred you (Refer & Earn) or something like that, give them my name Nikolai Lougovskoi, and they will give you £100 after first 6 trades (this applies only for forex, not equities).

Drop me an email if you would like to share strategies and skills (I think you can contact me via t2w, right?)

nick

Hello there. I'm a business owner that has a ton of time to do other stuff and make some extra cash. I've been trying day trading for a few months with no success. I have developed a great system for my business and now would like to do the same with trading. I need a system. Hope I can find one here.

-B

Hey Brando,

I would like to help you with trading if you share some business skills with me and teach me the know how's of business. Especially if you are based in the UK. I scalp eurusd with a very easy system I developed, it averages out about 30 points a day (i only trade 2 hours a day).

Let me know (nikolai/dot/lou/at/gmail/dot/com)

Hi,

Just thought i'd say a hello to all the members. I am by no means a trader however I work for a leading investment bank in London as a Trade Floor Systems Support Analyst. I meet and greet and help traders everyday and have joined this forum to gain knowledge of how to trade and what is involved.

So i'll be asking a lot of questions be warned!

Jo

Hey Jo,
I would love to share with you of any information you are interested in. I have been trading for over 11 years now, with only very recently really figuring out how to do it succesfully. I would love to learn about how direct access platforms work, you have any idea? Drop me an email and we can keep correspondence nikolai/dot/lou/at/gmail/dot/com

Hello fellow Traders!
I have been dabbling in 4x for about 4 mos now - went live with $100 after 2 weeks (against the advice of "gurus"). Felt the real pain of losing and the joy of winning while I was getting "ejukated". Ran my demo acct from 10k to 75k in 2 weeks before I went live. Proceeded to run my real account into the dirt several times! My tip to those newer than me, Go live with a small amount of money you can afford to lose, DONT get greedy and try to keep the emotion out of it - as impossible as that may seem.
My interest now is learning the correct use of Trailing stops re volitility. As this is my intro, I will post that elsewhere.
Use forex to enable you to DO what you want to do!

Hello All!
Just thought I would introduce myself to everyone.
Not been trading for very long, been reading/researching for about 9/10 months now - done several trades, all have gone well so far - touch wood!
Erm, I'm Holly, 21 from Newcastle. In my 2nd year at University, also work for HSBC when I am not studying for my Degree. Just trying to work as hard as possible, planning to do the SII exams over summer when I have a bit of spare time - well that is my plan anyway.
Got into trading by my Granddad - he used to be the Director for Natwest back in the day - he has made millions in the stock markets and wanted to pass his knowledge down to someone!
Currently only trading in the LSE, mainly with long term investments in different sectors of companies. Not really looking at going to other countries ect, not until I have a good few years experience under my belt!
I'm the kind of girl that loves to jump in with two feet, I'm a hard worker and willing to put my job/career before anything.
Looking to gain some experience from the pros on here, just read about I see what I can pick up.
Hope to get on with you all!

hey, what did you trade Proserviceguy on the demo account? Do you have a trading journal or anything like it?

Reply to Kolka

I think I was just doing the EUR/USD with my demo acct - Yea, I wowed all my friends...It is different with real moneyhttp://www.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif
I could and did place orders of 10 lots with my fake money. Biggest single loss was 16k in a day!
Real money I work with the major pairs - my favs being USD/JPY (set your stops way out - spikes are common) and of course EUR/USD.
Key for me was having the stops far enough away to keep them from getting hit too easily - takes NERVES!

Good luck!