Sticky Introduce Yourself

I feel your Pain...although not expressed...

Jack, lets talk...

Before you get involved with another expedition, I wanna share some information, we both may still be able to learn from... get back to me, my email should be listed...
Both of us seek " the golden egg "...

Jonathon :cool:

Hello fellow entrepreneurs. I can be called jack4 or nyfer the newbie.
Have done stocks, futures, options on both, and forex.

Had a bit of success. But not enough. Am convinced that the golden goose is waiting for me out there somewhere. Yeah, sure.

I'm considering autotrade via metatrad4 at present.

Hopefully someone on this board will bring me to my senses on above and I will be forever grateful. Later......jack

I was approached by a company called Lincoln Ventures in Canada to asking to acquire my stocks. Have you heard of Lincoln Ventures?

Dear All,

Nice meeting everyone here.
I am from Slovenia and I am a newer in the field of trading, hoping this is a place that can make my dream come true.

CHEERS.

Hi, just like to walk in and watch for a while. Probably wont dance till the slow records start.
Like to lurk till I feel comfortable, or till a post makes me pipe up with some good advice or help.
Ta 4 the invite and wish us all good trading.
cheers
glen...

Hello, would like to thank all those that have shared good information on trading.

I have been doing demo trading and looking to improve my trading skills.

best wishes to all

Hi!

Hi:D,

I am Maithreyi Shiva from Mumbai, India. I am a new member to this group and I am sure knowledge-wise I will be immensely benefited.

I am into Operational and Credit risk (as envisage by BASEL II) and in this connection, I was trying to figure out how to calculate the Haircuts and VaR.

e.g. I came across one paper through google. I am just mentioning the contents of this paper.

.... Consider an exposure of $100 in a securities clearing and settlement system. This exposure is collateralized by an asset that has a market price of $100. Supposing that the asset's daily percentage change in price follows a Normal distribution with mean 0 and standard deviation 3. Next, we choose a confidence level of 0.5% (i.e. 1 day out of 200, eh haircut would not be sufficient to cover the daily price fluctuation) -and we select a holding period of 1 day.

Finally we calculate the corresponding VaR obtained from a normal distribution with the mean and standard deviation of the data and assign this value as teh haircut. Using this approach yield a haircut of 7.72%, which is associated with a tail risk of 0.5% (confidence level).

With this haircut, the amount of the collateral required to cover the exposure of $ 100 would be $108.36 which is [100 / (1 - haircut)]

My problem is I am not able to understand from where and how this value of haircut at 7.72% has been arrived at.

Please guide me.

MIT Operations Research grad writing proprietary in-house trading system

Hi to all,

I am a graduate of M.I.T. - given the state of the economy, the only sure bet - job or investment - is trading. You can play long or short, leverage with options, etc.

But if you have the skills, you can develop your own trading system with datafeeds and trade through direct access brokers. Not a human intervention platform, not a black box - but something else.

Fully automatic, scans all securities for those that are 'tradable', assigns each candidate to a single workstation where all computing power is dedicated to that one issue. Thus there could be a hundred such workstations, but only a portion actually trading.

This is a proprietary development project and the resulting product is not for sale - simply put, it would compete with itself as multiple copies running would generate the same securities to trade and make the same trades.

JB

Meant the post as more of an introduction, I am currently writing the system, but of course at some point, when the mechanics are working and regression testing proves positive, it will be necessary to make it robust. This will mean additional programmers, equipment, etc and that means $.

As I stated, this is an in-house project; it's being undertaken by my R&D company on a modest budget. If the system works, then in theory, no outside investment is required. However we are considerring soliciting private investors soon to accelerate development.

We have operated options trading programs based on the following terms: investors put up 100% of the trading capital, $1,000 is drawn per month for expenses. Profits are paid out 75% to investors until they receive a payback of their investment, then 50% thereafter. Most successful year was 1995 when $21,000 invested returned 43 times - each of 3 $5,000 investors received $215,000. All such programs are based on a calendar year. We are reluctant to doing a 2009 program as options premiums have skyrocketed due to volatility. Thus the emphasis on stock trading.

To answer your question, we are not seeking investors, but are thinking along the following lines, if we do: 20 units of $50,000 proceeds to be equally split between working capital for system development and trading capital; with investors receiving 75% of profits until amount equals their investment; then 50% thereafter. Presumably, just turn the system on each day and watch the $ counters. Could run 24 hours, tapping various markets around the world - why not?

Hello all
iam just new in forex and tradind indices,, and was searching around the net for spicifecations,, so i find my self here,,
iam from jordan Amman iam 28
and finished journalism and mass communication,, but i liked the economic fild
so see u around all
best regards to all

Hello traders,
I'm a new member, I have theoretical knowledge of strategies but want to put them in practice whilst helping people and gaining help in certain aspects. I am mainly looking into equity portfolio management and its strategies/concepts/models/theories.
Free to help!!!

Hello, everyone, i am a trader (in fact, a it in current stage), a new pie to financial world. i am working on developing a trading platform using c# and now have some problem on testing module

Ladies,Gentleman.

Hello,
Been trading seriously for over five years now,focus more on trend following, got interested in the market through Ken Roberts mailings years ago...MT4 trading platform very interesting tools to work with, even mess with the 2007 2008 championship via EA builder which is live on line...to date I'm enjoying my experiences thus far.

Hello,
Been trading seriously for over five years now,focus more on trend following, got interested in the market through Ken Roberts mailings years ago...MT4 trading platform very interesting tools to work with, even mess with the 2007 2008 championship via EA builder which is live on line...to date I'm enjoying my experiences thus far.

That's the beauty of forex, even if all the economy is falling.
You'll still be able to earn lots of money.

Greetings all,

I am a fresh graduate from the University of Michigan majoring in mathematics and Electrical Engineering. I now reside in Hong Kong and is working as an Analyst/Programmer. I started to seriously consider trading as a career after I landed a final round interview as a junior derivative trader several months ago. Although I didn't get the job in the end, the whole experience really sparkled my interest in trading. I truely admire the calm and rational attributes of a successful trader. My Dream is to start up a prop trading shop in the future (10 years).

I will be taking on the first round of assessment of IMC HK soon, and I hope I have more luck this time!

JY

Last edited: