Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi, my name is Frank and I'm a Spanish options and futures trader.

I hope to learn more about trading and help when I can.

Regards

Hi all,

Just to introduce myself. I Joined Trade2win a while ago but haven't really used it much despite recognising the huge benefits. I live in Dulwich, London these days and I am of Aerospace engineering background.

I have been stalking this business of trading for a number of years, more as a hobby. I now plan to make it my main occupation with spread-betting as my preferred access. A couple of months intense trading of some indices (Dow Jones) and forex (GBP/USD, EUR/USD, etc) has brought varying degrees of success and I am increasingly gaining confidence in my TA. I am still working on my trading plan and have notice the lack of a completed plan affects how discipline I am as a trader.

I remain confident in the profitability of trading and often have to remind myself of the associated risks and therefore hope my renewed membership of T2W would as promised be beneficial to both myself and the network of traders to whom I will be exposed.

I am somewhat disappointed that I am unable to access certain areas and forums. It would appear that these had being blocked. Perhaps because I haven't logged on for a while. I will be visiting the boards and chat rooms regularly from now on.

Best Wishes
Ataye

Hi - New person here - reverse call calender spreads

Thanks for the forum. I am an options trader on the emini s&p. Was thinking of doing a reverse call calender spread. I understand it's a bear type spread, that also benefits from a decrease in volitility - however I am wondering about defense strategies if it goes against me.

One way would be to close at a loss -

One would be to roll out the short call, which I am inclined to do - since I would think it's doubtful the market would run away at this point.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to this board and wanted to say hi to everyone here. It would be a pleasure to learn from as many of you as possible, and share my knowledge as well.

A bit about me, I am based in London, I am 25, first started trading when I was 14, in school, made a lot of money then without having any idea how its done (the late 90s e-boom), no systems, no technicals, no fundamentals, simply buying on monday and selling on friday, anything that sounded nice I bought and then sold shortly after ( all electronic stocks) .

After that I got seriously over confident, thinking I was the second W. Buffet, and basically as it goes, lost absolutely everything in early 2000. This made me stop and have a more serious look at this industry and what its all about. Since then I have delved in and out of strategies from both fundamental and technical analysis. With due respect for fundamental'ists, I settled on technical analysis, as my preference is for very short term trading (5mins, etc).

Learnt programming to program mechanical strategies, back tests, custom indicators and a range of other fancy things to help me on my journey (optimising, etc). Now stopped on a mechanical system, 90% of which is strict rule based.

Although I started with shares, I now focus only on forex (although for the technically interested, as you know systems can easily transfer, once market conditions and timing is accounted for).

Therefore what I would like to get out of this board, is primarily meet other traders, learn and share with them methods, experience, system design, meet up for a drink, and trade live together one sunny afternoon in a starbucks (that is the most fun, in my opinion).

Being in the UK, I have 2 spreadbetting brokers, and I only do spreadbetting.

Thank you guys for keeping this board live! I think this kind of websites are incredibly useful for learning, growing and meeting people.

If you are in London, we should definintely meet up for a drink, or a coffee. If you are not please drop me an email onto [email protected] and we can keep in touch and share our knowledge.

So long traders,
Kolka

Hi All,

I am a newbie.
Wow, did not realised that trading has so many followings!

I am sure this will be an interesting forum to learn from.

Regards,

David

Hi All,

I am whizpar I have been reading and taking in a lot of info from the threads on T2W. Decided it was about time that I introduced myself. I have been trading for just under a year focusing predominately on forex, I am now starting to look at commodities and indices. My strategy is quite simple I look for certain candle patterns at support/resistance levels.

I am very quite confident that money can be made just need to be disciplined and keep to the plan. I live in lovely London. I am open to learn new things and share ideas and strategies with people.

Happy Trading
whizpar

Hi everyone,

My name is Ruben and I'm from the Netherlands. I ended up here when I was searching for some trading system ideas. I have been trading as a hobby for about two years now with mixed succes.
I mainly use technical analysis to make trading decisions. Since I'm a software developer in daily life, that skill comes in handy when developing indicators and systems in my charting software. I'm currently using Amibroker for that, which I'm very content with so far.
I'll most likely lurk here mainly, but maybe now and then I'll post here and there if that's okay.

Ruben.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to put my first post, I'm trding in the last 3 years with mixed resutls, I stongly belive the below Rules:

1. Simple system
2 Strict Dicipline
3. Money Mangement

Wtih the above if any adds patience and experiance, he could be the winner.

Happy trading.

Praba

Hi, I am new member interested at trading or Forex. could anybody please suggest me the criteria for being good trader? and what kind of background is necessary to be a good member.
I hope your kind suggestion.
thanking you,
joshi

Hi evry body !

I'm Dalven, from Morocco, coming to the forum after a search about how to open uk account for non resident. I have found many intersted informations.

Good help can be found with helpfull persons on the forum.

Its all in the name... Hello all...

My name is Jonathon and I have been trading on and off for about 5 years... Recently, decided to take the leap and try my hand at this full-time... ( inheritance )

I have subscribed to a few services, ( agora financial ) and honestly their picks have'nt been that bad... Although, not returning massive gains as they state, but any profit in this market is worth noting... I have mainly played long-term plays, but am currently looking to trade ( under advisement ) foreign currencies... Any Suggestions???

Has anyone invested in Stem-Cell Research or Rnaii research??? They predict that OBama will open the doors, and billions are to be made in this arena...

Anxiously awaiting responses...

Jonathon :cool:

Hey Joshi...

It may be beneficial to subscribe to a reputable Service, that provides picks, as you make small trades... Nothing will net you more experience, better than jumping in with your eyes wide open... I recommend ( agora financial ) for starters or beginners, its inexpensive and money back gaurenteed, if for any reason dissatisfied... Again, merely a suggestion, not a reccomendation of any sort...

Hi, I am new member interested at trading or Forex. could anybody please suggest me the criteria for being good trader? and what kind of background is necessary to be a good member.
I hope your kind suggestion.
thanking you,
joshi

Hi to all

Hello everyone, I am from London been trading for few months. Burnt my fingers becuase of lack of experience. during this period learnt bit more about trading. I am looking forward to get some ideas and share ideas!

QUOTE=Sharky;8772]This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums[/QUOTE]