Sticky Introduce Yourself

thanks Ponce

Greetings Avibe,

Hopefully they taught you objective thought.Mortimer Adler is a must read,"Ten Philosophical mistakes" had the best impact on my concept of trading so far.

cordially Ponce

thanks ponce . i will definately read that!

I'm looking for one to one tudoring. I finished trading academy but I'm still VERY GREEN. Anyone in the NY/NJ area that offers this service, I'd be interested in talking to them. My schooling was in the forex markets only. I need alot of help with technical analysis made simple.

thx

Hello to all,

New to the thread have been trading forex for about 2 years. Looking for better back testing solutions other than mt4 and quality tick data!

Greetings Maddog

Where are you in Illinois?IB with QT is the best bang for the buck.If speed and data are whats needed to trade profitable,how does a random direction and entry time ,with a constant r/r have a positive math expectancy?

cordially Ponce

Hello, World

Hello, everyone.

I'm a college student entering his final year at a four year school in Vermont. I'm new to investing (read: I haven't started yet) but I have been reading up for some time now on stocks, bonds, options and other investments, and hope to continue my self-education here.

I don't have much in the way of capital, so specifically, I'm hoping that I can learn about effective strategies to grow a small amount of money into a larger one. With that in mind, I'm glad to have found this place, and look forward to learning here!

Hi guys.... have been demo trading for 3 months. Still a newbie. Hope i'll learn a lot here...

img1.jpg
img2.jpg
img3.jpg
img4.jpg
img9.jpg
img10.jpg

Hello

Hi everyone, have been trading stocks for two weeks with some modest succes (13%). In the current market environment I decided to mostly take long term positions, but would like to make some profit of short term movements as well. I will have to learn... Thanks to all experienced traders here for sharing their valuable experience with the members of this forum. :clap:

1st time on this site. I live in Calgary which does not mean I have any particular insights into the price of oil other than it would be nice if it went back up. Personally I am interested in trading the index ETFs like the SPY DIA and the QQQQ and just looking for something to maybe gauge the mood of the market.

I am thinking we just may be near a bottom (maybe we already saw it).

Bill

1st time on this site. I live in Calgary which does not mean I have any particular insights into the price of oil other than it would be nice if it went back up. Personally I am interested in trading the index ETFs like the SPY DIA and the QQQQ and just looking for something to maybe gauge the mood of the market.

I am thinking we just may be near a bottom (maybe we already saw it).

Bill
I TRADE OPTIONS [QQQQ] LEARNING HOW TO FOLLOW THE MARKET
& MANAGE YOUR RISK /REWARD RATIOS IS THE WAY TO GO JOSEPHPEPE

Just Want To Say Hello To All You Traders Who Believe That Trading Is A Career And A Passionate Business.keep Making The Pips!

Introduction

Just a quick post to say hi and let you know my interests.

Although I've got a full time job in the financial sector I've spent the last few months developing some systematic trading ideas. I've got a background in computing so everything I do is coded up in my own application and I'm signed up with brokers who allow API trading.

I'm currently focussing my time on 3 different medium/long term strategies. I collect daily data and run the values through my engine which produces a position per instrument. One strategy is FX instruments, one trades the FTSE and another Metals (Zinc, Aluminium etc), although the last one I'm not actually executing as I'm still looking for a broker with decent comission/margin levels for them. I'm trying to exploit long term statistical trends in the market so my edge is small but stable, I aim to make money over the long term, not through day trading at the moment.

new member introduction

hello,trading community....my name is lawrence murray, of san diego...i'm 67, a former business litigation trial lawyer who has self trained (while trading daily all the time) for the last 8 years or so to become a proficient trader...in the last year or so i have began to think of myself as a reasonably skillful trader after having gone down many false paths...i decided about 6 years ago that i would trade only the qqqq (and its derivative etfs), and for the past 3 years or so i have experimented and attempted to become expert in elliott wave analysis, and have decided that it is far superior to any other analyticial system for trading of all time frames, from daytrading to medium term holding...

while i am a member of prechter's elliott wave analysis site, and receive the short term reports and the financial forecast, i have gained enough confidence over the years to now make my own independent elliott wave analysis, which frequently differ from the prechter site postings, and this difference in ew analysis is a primary reason which led me to do a google search to find this t2w site, because i wanted to find and establish a commentary with experienced trader who also use ew analysis, as the precther site make no provision for communication among its members...

the other primary reason is that i would like over time to establish a public record of my analysis to build a track record in the event that i am, in fact, becoming proficient...

my current analysis as of the close of friday, 12/5/08, is that the qqqq, ndx, and spx are in the midst of a 4th wave, and specifically that this wave is the beginning of wave c (circle) of minor wave A of intermediate wave 4, this c (circle) wave ending around qqqq $31.26 ...(all notation as per Elliott Wave Principle, Frost and Prechter)...

hope this commentary is of interest to at least a few experienced elliott wave practitioners...

regards, larry

Hi there
im a trader from Brisbane, stumbled on this site a few days ago, i have been trading for about 20 years had a few year gap in the middle dew to moving countries. i rekon i am now confidant to go live day trading which is going to happen in the new year.

km

Hi I've been trading for a year now

residing in Florida, USA

as I can see most of you are from Europe?

Looking to share some futures technical analysis strategies.

Hi everyone. I'm in Melbourne, Australia and new not only to this forum but to trading itself.
please comment on-
Recently I came across a company in Australia promoting E minis. Does anybody know anything good or bad about this service please?

Mr

I am relatively a newbie in forex trading and had made some appreciable loss since livetrading some 3 months back. One common mistake I have found myself making has to do with stoploss and entry position management. Each time I enter into a trade, I entered either too early or too late and once price action come to retest my stoploss gets pucked away.
???

Hi I am just a new member. Looking forward to any news on Wildwoodman shares. They appear to be the same as Geoandina and Royal Patroleum . Has anyone any information they can pass on? Thanks
Taibach