Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello. First day here. I'm new to BB's so, bear with me. Bought my first stock in 1980 and haven't been able to give it up since. I'm contrarian in nature, but, I know all too well the trend is your friend.

Hi,
I am a novice trader trying to find my feet. Have traded a number of stocks with varying degree of success.Looking forward to learning more from you guys.
Harrison

Hey all,

Originally from Australia and moved to London.

I am your more of buy and hold type investor and im starting to look into other methods of trading. I think its an exciting time in the markets as there is some real good cheap stocks floating around(lots of bad ones too) mainly driven by the banking sector pulling the markets down with it so its definately a time to buy.

Chris

Hi everyone.

Hi everyone.

I'm new to trading but have been investing in stocks since early 2007 - mainly Moneyweek tips but sold up September last year. Got back into investing in August - just bought short Oil & S&P500 but got spooked and sold out when the AIG / ETF freeze occured last month (although looking at prices today, wish I didn't). I went on a TU course in mid-september so I've been spreadbetting for a little over a month - have achieved a 20% return mainly trading breakouts that had already broken out, but my money's stuck/lost? with echelon.:(

I've opened an account with another SB and just started trading again. I'm looking to become a full time trader so I'm hoping to learn from seasoned traders out there as well as contributing my experiences as a developing newby trader.

Tickers

Hello all, I'm a new user just looking for place for traders to exchange info about trading. I'm a full-time day trader specializing in currency futures, non-Forex. I've been trading on a small scale for a long time but became a full-time trader about a year ago. I use technical analysis,chart patterns, to locate trade opportunities. I"m well versed on indicators and various trading strategies. I'm by no means a jack-of-all-trades, I only trade currencies. However, successful techniques can be applied to any market: stocks,futures,options,Forex etc. I look forward to expanding my own knowledge as well as sharing my own experiences. Trading a very unique occupation and does not lend itself easily to casual conversation with friends and/or family.

Starbuc

hi, i have traded the forexmarkets since 2002 and i want to offer my skills to anybody ho is intrested in making huge profits in forex markets.
/Riku

Hi. Yes, I am interested in making good profits. Do you have a website, or is there some other method of utilizing your system?

Thanks.

Charles

Hello all, I'm a new user just looking for place for traders to exchange info about trading. I'm a full-time day trader specializing in currency futures, non-Forex. I've been trading on a small scale for a long time but became a full-time trader about a year ago. I use technical analysis,chart patterns, to locate trade opportunities. I"m well versed on indicators and various trading strategies. I'm by no means a jack-of-all-trades, I only trade currencies. However, successful techniques can be applied to any market: stocks,futures,options,Forex etc. I look forward to expanding my own knowledge as well as sharing my own experiences. Trading a very unique occupation and does not lend itself easily to casual conversation with friends and/or family.

Starbuc
Hi Starbuc. I'm in a similar position! I've been trading stocks for awhile now and I'm reaching a stage where I may be able to use my profits as my sole source of income...I find that I'm always trying to talk stocks with friends and family. The only person that has enough knowledge to know what I'm talking about is my Girlfriend and she can't wait for me to find other traders to network with so I can stop pestering her! lol. Like most people who attain any level of skill in trading, I could talk trading for hours...I'm up for sharing what I'm doing intraday...You can reply at: [email protected] if interested. :)

Hi All
Ive had a degree of success with stocks but I am now looking to break into Forex. Can anyone recommend a good UK broker with which I can use the Meta4 platform.
Regards
Stuart

Hi Sharky

This looks like an eminently sensible board unlike some of the BS that's out there! Thanks for setting this up.

I'm looking forward to sharing experiences/ideas. I have been trading ETFs for about 2 years using several black box signal services with wild results (both up and down!), and am looking forward to taking more personal control of my trading and (hopefully) getting my equity curve moving consistantly in the right direction!

John here...

Quick intro, as per the proddings of this site: I am here so I can get answers to my dumb-ass questions about micro market structure. I know a lot of the math (in a PhD program), and a lot of the software, surrounding trading, but am not a trader. So bull with me....man that was clever.

jc

Hello, New member here. Brief intro. Have trade futures off and on for decades. Mostly spreads, cattle, pork belly, and corn. Have written many automated strategies for Tradestation platform that I am now beginning to trade full time. Also interested in the possiblity of spreading WTI/Brent and gasoline/crude crack. Any advice out there?

Pepys

Hi, I'm living in London, curently trading for about three years, recently become a full time trader. I'm trading US indexes such as TF, YM, and Eurex FDAX. What i really like on trading is freedom and that sort of constant "moving target" way of life. Thanx very much for this sites! Jan

hello
everyone i am alegooil i deal in the selling of crudeoil i am new to the site i welcome myself and im the legal bunkery of bunny port in nigeria africa

Hi !
I visiting this forum to know more about price action. I already started to read a couple post about that... not easy to understand....

I'm already familiar with charts figures (traingle, etc.) but I feel like I'm missing a big point with not understanding a basic of the méthode, like undertanding the moves of ticks
and it is hard to start with just looking at them, hoping to get it with out any any of what I'm looking for....:(

Please Help !:confused:

ps: sorry for my poor english:smart:

Neko

I'm new to T2W

I have been in vested with a major brokerage for years and they have basically lost everything they gained and much more.
i am still employed which is a major benefit in surviving this terrible downturn in the economy and the market.
Live in the northeast and the timing of projects and home sales couldn't have been worst. Can't sell and the projects are in progress and have to be completed. Postponing retirement further.

PM

hello all,

I am totally new to FX trading, I am looking to change my career to full time FX trading in 2 yrs time, which gives me two years to practice, practise and practise on demo initially, and then small accounts later on. Please, can somebody show me some love, by assuring me that I can be one of the successful 5% if I study hard, I am discplined, follow my strategy and keep my emotions out of trading. Is it really possible to make a career out of this? Thank you all, look forward to your comments

HI
I found this strategy on the net and I was wondering if any one has seen it before better yet tried it before.
I have tried it for a few times and I have not lost yet "touch wood"

But I would like some expert traders opinions on this strategy.

Here it is:

Are you a relatively new trader looking for a solid forex strategy?

A challenge facing many new traders when developing their forex strategy is the ability to identify the overall trend for intra-day trading.

The 200 EMA (Exponential Moving Average) can solve the problem.

The 200 EMA is one of the most popular indicators of all time with Forex traders the world over, and for that reason alone is worth noting due to the psychological effect on the market place price can have when hovering around the 200 EMA.

Using The 200EMA Strategy

To use this very powerful Forex strategy, create charts on 3 time frames:

* 4 hour
* 1 hour
* 15 minute

Now plot a 200 EMA indicator on each chart and, as a suggestion, color it red, for easy visual impact.

Preferably tile the 3 windows containing your 3 charts into a vertical fashion so you can see the 3 time frames next to each other. It will squeeze up the information on the charts somewhat but for the purpose of this strategy that doesn't matter.

Now scroll through the various currency pairs you like to trade.

If you prefer to trade only pairs with a smaller pip spread, they amount to about 9.

They are:

* EUR/USD
* GBP/USD
* USD/CHF
* USD/JPY
* EUR/JPY
* USD/CAD
* AUD/USD
* NZD/USD
* EUR/CHF

What you are looking for is any currency pair that bucks the 200 EMA on the 15 minute chart.

So for example, look at the EUR/USD pair and note the position of price relative to the 200 EMA on the 3 time frames.

If price is well above the 200 EMA on the 4 hour chart, well above the 200 EMA on the 1 hour chart, but BELOW the 200 EMA on the 15 minute chart, price is bucking the trend.

The overall trend is up, price has temporarily gone against the trend and is currently in a retracement.

Using the fundamental trading principle of "buy the dips in an uptrend", "sell the rallies in a downtrend", look for a suitable entry point.

In the example given above you would look for an opportunity to buy the EUR/USD, perhaps watching for a candle signal that price has exhausted it's downward momentum, bucking the 15 minute chart 200 EMA and will soon resume it's upward momentum.

This is an easy exercise and it can be done once or twice a day, taking just a few minutes.

Watch For Price Bucking The Trend

Once you see price bucking the 200 EMA on the 15 minute chart, whereas it is on the opposite side on the 4 hour and 1 hour charts, sit up and take note. Watch carefully and grab the opportunity to get in and make some pips.

After a little practice you will see how extremely powerful this simple Forex strategy is - certainly deserving a place in your trading tool kit.

Please let me know what you think

Regards

Shawn