Sticky Introduce Yourself

Day trading

Hi. I am new to this site. I've been trading about 3 years.

Like many of you, I am looking for a good trading system.

The markets are out of wack. And I have learned that I do not like options (one hit, and you may be sunk).

I am not crazy about the forex (maybe I should be)?

Especially, due to the current markets, I prefer day trading stocks. I like the idea of getting in and out quick, before the market flip/flops.

Does anybody have any suggestion of a good day trading advisory service or company who will do this task?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hi to one and all

Just passing so I decided to drop in and say Hi...

After blowing up a live account a few years ago I have only been trading on demo accounts
hoping to find a decent stratagy, but a good one always seems to turn bad :(

I have a few ideas locked in my head, maybe some good people could help me to create a
workable EA.

Fingers crossed and hello again

Cheers
Roddo

yello

Thanks Sharky for the welcoming note!
I m not new to trading, but not an expert. Just hoping to find some friends with common interests, share ideas and experiences. Feel free to drop me a note. I am a banker/ financial planner by day, trading and research takes up the rest of my time. Cheers.
Glitter

Hi there!

Hello Sharky. Im very new to trading and especially looking for any place which could guide me in the right direction to go ahead. Looking forward for gaining good knowledge from u guys here..thanx..

[

I don't think anyone could answer that one for you starsignal. It's good to always have a plan before entering the trade and then just follow the plan. Takes the guess work and anxiety out of it. I'd imagine AAPL's up for a pretty big gap up after a great earning's report. Market's aren't looking very bullish though so I wouldn't want to be long in anything really. Selling at open might not be the worst thing to do . You could also wait to see how things play out. If it were to break the high it makes after the first thirty minutes of trading, you might want to give it some room to run a little.
Another way would be just to set a stop at a price you'd like to get and give it some room to run. If markets turn bullish you could hold on to them.

Really, you shouldn't have to deal with this kind of a problem. I'm still a newbie myself, but I've found it makes life so much easier if I plan the trade, and trade the plan. So before I buy I say okay, here's where I'll enter, my stop loss is here, and my target or targets are here. If this happens I'll do this, and if that happens I'll do that. It's far easier to plan before you've got money tied up into it, and you can make the best decisions.

Good luck with that, and let us know what happens please. We can all learn together. In the market you want to protect your profits.

Oh, I forgot. Sounds like you have more than one. You can sell half of them at open, and set a stop for the other half. That way you protect some profit, and give the other half a chance to run.

Hi folks, read a few books and signed up for a couple of online trading platforms with all the so called training garb. had no sucess so far. am interested in day trading on the forex. i feel i need 1-2-1 teaching as the theory is just not working for me. i need practical tuition. any body know ,or can recommend someone, preferably in the midlands area. kind regards, ian.

Hi, I am A Blue Window, though I suppose I ought to be a tinted one, because I don't know much about it all yet :)

I come from a History & Politics background, just under 25 and my awareness of this whole industry is very recent - since November 2007. My interest was originally constrained to investment analysis, buy side seemed particularly interesting, but following a discussion with a representative from RBC, who said my desire to work in something fast-paced, with a constant rush of information and quick decisions would be answered better by trading, I've decided to consider that course equally as well.

So, now, I am considering taking an administrative position in a financial services company for the next 2 years, learning what I can on the side, the IMC seems a good move to make, as it appears to be a solid foundation course, but the CFA Level I too? I plan to learn Spanish & French as well. Two years from now, I'm thinking maybe a desk assistant - if that isn't too big a jump.

Knowing where to start is a problem, my careers service effectively told me to just go into something and make a mid-life career change!

I have had some success with my virtual portfolios. I tend to concentrate on technology and financials; I have an outside interest in the potential emergence of water markets developing, anybody else here?

Tyvm

ATW

Hello all

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are very keen on getting into spread trading. So far we have become very good at loosing money. Its like we are on a fake platform. EVERYTIME we trade up it goes down. and Everytime we trade short it goes up.

Any words of advice?

Hi all and welcome those that are newer than me.

Still haven1t got time to get used to this site, but will do soon.

Happy trading.

Punto

hi, i have traded the forexmarkets since 2002 and i want to offer my skills to anybody ho is intrested in making huge profits in forex markets.
/Riku

hello,

im not in the financial industry at the moment want to make it across in the next 3 years, im on here to learn from you experts and pick up the jargon.

Hello

Just found the site, have been in the market for 30 yrs but every day it has shows me that there is more to learn, hope to learn from some of you as we invest together.
This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi there, I'm from Argentina, and have experience on trading grain futures and options american-style, both in Chicago and local futures market, called Mercado a Termino or MAT.

Hi Guys (n gals)
I have been trading commodities for 4 years, first in Barcelona and now in Dubai.
I am now working as an independent trader in Dubai cause it is tax free! ha ha