Sticky Introduce Yourself

First Post - Introduction

Hello All,

I'm a beginning trader and looking for a much better system/method. The extra cash from trading is great. I've made some, but lost more. I'm ready for a better mousetrap. I read about Todd Mitchell's course. I've not attended the MoneyShow yet, but it'll be in Las Vegas in late November. Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Kris

looking for basic information on day trading

hi:
i am totally new on day trading .do you know where i can find good info and basic infor mation ? iam looking for trend trading.

thanks

Hey,

Iam new to this forum, and also new to stocks trading. Iam opening an online account for stock trade. which is a good one. i was thinking scott trade as few of my collegues already use it.

Also pl tell me if this is the right time to start investing. i want to start small and take small steps as i learn more and have success

also after thursday, will the stock price go up. for eg, AIG will it go up and if so how much and how long?

I read a book by Joe Ross and am intrigued at the thought of trading for a living. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience in his methods?? But for now I say hi to all

NEw Barclays Marketmaster trader losing money

Hi all,

I've done about 10 trades in the past 3 days and lost about £100 on £1000 invested.
I'm getting hammered by the £12.95 trading cost and looking around for something with level 2 trading and trend charting and want to learn some skills fom you guys.

There's a lot of platforms out there and wonder if anyone could give me a recommendation. My aim is to invest in stocks and build on my initial investment. I'm hoping just to get a 2% average gain per day, because that'll add up to quite a lot when it's compounded.

All the best,

g00mba

Exchanging Experience :)

Hi All,

My pleasure to join aboard this respectful forum. I have 3+ years of experience trading futures. I tried almost all markets. I won and I lost and I learned to accept all and to keep learning from my mistakes. I am a big beleiver in the Futures market (including currency futures).

I developed my own forecasting system for decision making and I find it very helpful. Nothing is 100% accurate as you all know, but the honor is in the try :)

I studied technical analysis and fundamental analysis as well. I really appreciate all the effort of the pioneers who gave us this precious knowledge and I wish to learn more.

Cheers :)

Hi
Im
'm a Newbie trader, Spread betting the FSTE and Forex. Got to the stage that I know that I don't know. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Am currently reading everything I can get my hands on. Is there any place I can demo or paper trade of six months without funding an account?
Wishing you all good drading
P de H

Hi All,

My pleasure to join aboard this respectful forum. I have 3+ years of experience trading futures. I tried almost all markets. I won and I lost and I learned to accept all and to keep learning from my mistakes. I am a big beleiver in the Futures market (including currency futures).

I developed my own forecasting system for decision making and I find it very helpful. Nothing is 100% accurate as you all know, but the honor is in the try :)

I studied technical analysis and fundamental analysis as well. I really appreciate all the effort of the pioneers who gave us this precious knowledge and I wish to learn more.

Any help you could give me with Technical and fundamentals would be great. May I ask you why futures? I know that ayou pay commission instead of a spread and that spread betting quotes are based on the market. Would you say its the way forward to begin trading futures without more than 4 months trading experience?
Wow! On the page that looks like alot to ask :)
Don't ask, Don't learn
All the best Pde H

Hey all, Im a newbie. Im a 20 year old university student living in Canada. Im really interested in trading. So far all i have is a discount brokerage account with my bank with under $15,000 invested. Im not diversified at all, and all my money is in financial companies(fannie mae, Freddie mac, Citigroup). Ive had a good return(100%+) on FNM and FRE so far though. Anyway, im just here to do some research and this is something i would love to start doing full time after gaining enough knowledge. Im also looking for a better trading platform to use to get away from my discount brokerage account. I want something thats live, so i can be an aggressive trader, and be able to short. If you guys have any knowledge to share or opinions, shoot me a Private message. Thanks guys!

Hi everybody,
I have just started in option trading, i shall need all the help i can get. At the moment i am a conservative trader, hoping to become active trader after i have mastered the staragies. This will have to come from you. so please help me to become a successful investor.

Hi All,

Any help you could give me with Technical and fundamentals would be great. May I ask you why futures? I know that ayou pay commission instead of a spread and that spread betting quotes are based on the market. Would you say its the way forward to begin trading futures without more than 4 months trading experience?
Wow! On the page that looks like alot to ask :)
Don't ask, Don't learn
All the best Pde H

I like futures cuz they give many more commodities to trade than the FOREX market provides, such as Oil, Natural Gas, Grains, S&P, ... . Besides, the price movements of those commodities is much more wider than the FOREX pairs. A commission of $10 round turn is affordable and is better than spreads. Oil and Gold and other commodities can be much better forecasted rather than FOREX pairs.

Those are some of the reasons. I hope that helps.

Ciao

I am one of the many jobless graduates who specialized in mathematical finnance but came out at the wrong time. Hopefully i'm going to put what i know to the test and learn some new skills by trading everything in sight!

Neophyte

I feel good to be with this group.

I've been involved with Forex--so far had little success.:rolleyes:

Can anybody share what it takes to make this worthwhile for me?

Thanks and warmest regards to all!

Hi Folks,

I'm from India. I have about 3-4 years experience in Positional Trading/investing in Equities and Futures. I also have some exposure in forex. I'm here to share my knowledge, experiences and exchange ideas from fellow traders. I'm planning to invest in commodities as well.

As US/EU heading into recession and Asian growth story decelerating I'm brushing up my basics in fundamentals, technicals and trading successfully (of course in the shorting side). Anyway, bear market is good for the economy in the long run. Let's not panic!

Btw. I'm also an independent software developer.

Cheers!
-xTalk

Paco Oil & Gas + Introduction

Hi,

I have been trading through Morgan Finch International for a year now. I was hoping to get information from fellow members, who have experience and good tips. I have invested in WW Oil and Gas who it seems are going to be taken over by Paco Oil and Gas. Does anyone know anything about Paco? Anyone had any good or bad experiences?

Hi everybody Kenny here, I've been on this site a little while and I've been impressed by the forums and frank advice given. Great website. I've been spreadbetting for about a month mostly on the DJI and FTSE using my experience mainly from working in trading support for various banks eg Thursday I made some nice profit on the DJI falling due to negative nonfarmpayroll on Friday but I was mightly surprised to see the market fall after the bailout was approved last night and lost my gain throughout the day :-( I've a lot to learn. Millenium Traders website have recently come to my attention seems pretty kosha, I may try trading on their advice in a month or so when I have some time off work. I will you all know how I fare.