Sticky Introduce Yourself

Fresh Blood

Hi All,

Been trading on and off for over a year now, Typically had a modicom of success then thought...Hey I'm doing great, upped my deposit by a significant amount and disaster followed.

Same old story, Guy finds new skill, thinks he's mastered it cos he was lucky, Ups the bet, loses, then revenge trading begins...Back to square one. Oh dear.:confused:

I have been back on the trading scene once again, with alot more caution, and a little more Savvy. I hope to give my tuppence worth when I can.

I'm a big supporter of Collaberation not competition...I guess this way we all succeed, and its not like there isnt enough for everyone...

Regards

Last edited:
Hi folks

Hi all. I've been trading on and off for years and finally looking to get serious. I'm a CPU design engineer going on 12 years now and getting increasingly frustrated with corporate life. Looking to become profitable day trading by my next sabbatical (3 yrs). We'll see. I've been developing and paper trading VWAP strategies for a couple of months with some success, but too much inconsistency. Hopefully the plethora of information on this site will get me on track. :)

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Hi beautiful people!

I want to spike about trading problems that happens time by time and how to make money in this jungle of money!

A very basic question

Im Charlie, 25 from Brixton, London Uk..

Been intreasted in trading for about 2.5 years now, and have decided that by the time I hit 30, I want to be trading from home full time. I currently work in the Insurance industry, while tying to build a bankroll, so progess is slow at the moment. Recently took a career change and worked at Cantor Index for 4 months, but it wern't worth the pay cut so i returned to Insuance.

I curently trade UK FTSE listed equaties with Capital Spreads, but always keen aneye out for breakouts in fx, commodites and the indices. Also reading upon charting when i can.

I support Crystal Palace FC

I am interested in trading but do not even know the lingo. Of course I know what commodities is all about. But what is 'fx,' and what is a breakout in it? And what are indices??

Thanks KJ

Hi all,
Glad to be i this community. I am a newbie with about 1 year learning about fx trading.
Hope to learn more from the many experts in this forem.

Hi Sharky!

nice to meet You

Mi name is Lajos (Louie)
im from australia and im a novice trader my hobby is gold prospecting its favorit i just tray tradind this year withauth good results but good experience and im learn quikly
lucking forward
with regards Louie

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi all,
Glad to be in this community. I am a newbie with about 1 year learning about fx trading.
Hope to learn more from the many experts in this forum.

Hey There.....

Been trading Equity Indicies and some FX for nearly two years, have learned a tonne, but still have tonnes to go! (always the way huh?) - Dream is to take it full time at some stage, however this will largely depend on my ability to grow my equity to a size big enough to generate a decent income from while still practicing good sound $$ mgmnt! Anyways, seems like a vy useful site, some great threads and useful contributions. keen to get involved......:devilish:

Hi All

I have been messing around with UK Equities for some time now.
The portfolio never seems to move much year-on-year. When I have winners, the losers appear and take away the recently made profit.

I have recently become very interested in Point & Figures charting.
I have read a couple of books, set up my charting package and am just about ready to start taking the signals.
Unfortunately, my broker, Selftrade is not executing limits and stops at the moment (system problems), so it looks I am on hold for a while.

Good luck to you all,

ff

Hey all!

Hey Guys!

Thanks Sharky for accepting me as a new member and I look forward to some interesting chit chat in the forums!

Well my names Tom, ive just graduated from Uni with a Law Degree:smart: (I hear you ask, well why are you here then....) I want to become a stock broker! I enjoyed Law yes, but I love the hustle and bustle of being a Stock Broker, and the earning potential you have if you work hard. I believe I have the qualities to be a good stock broker, Im money-driven, passionate, hard-working, can build good rapports and long lasting relationships with clients.

But, im stuck at the moment because im not getting a look in anywhere at the moment! Does anyone have any suggestions on who to apply to or what to do??? Ive got previous sales experience, a degree and life experience at a deputy campaign manager for a US Senator! But im really really struggling :(! I really really REALLY want to get into the industry... I just need some help!!

Thank you guys and any help would be sincerley appreciated!

Tom :cheesy:

greetings to all

just wanted to thank sharky for welcoming me to the discussion group. I have been an avid short-term stock trader and have dabbled in forex a few times. Am anxious to learn more of the inner thinking of traders and perhaps picks some of the bright minds here to learn more nd better myself as a trader.
After December 15th, my sales position for a medical company is being outsourced to India ( a 9 for 1 trade-off in salaries), so you will be seeing me more often after that then right now. Again, thank you for allowing me to be a members and good trading to all.
regards,
rooti

Hi! I would like to say hello to the boards and to the all members. I hope this will be a bigning of long term relationship full of positiv cooperations!
Regards
Francs

hi

`My name is Arsten and I am totally new to trading. I find the subject very intresting and realy want to learn the trade of trading, I have been very lucky to be able to come to a trading arcade where I can trade on the simulator next to traders who are doing the real thing. I have a month to prove myself to the principals and if they feel I represent a hope the might admit me on their training program. I envisage it as a massive opportunity but a week has already gone and I don't feel that I have done anything to impress them. My P&L looks shocking, I feel I make every single possible mistake. I spend there 10 hours every ay and go home and read, ft, books on trading and the more I read the more I realize how much is to take in before one can properly even talk about the subject. My question is what do you think I can do in this month to catch their eye or at least benefit the most from my unique opportunity. They don't realy say much, they give me little pointers but that is about it. Many thanks

Hi everyone. Quite new to trading but looking forward to a great new challenge. Any advice for me? (B nice)

Hello all. New to trading and busy reading up on t/a. Looking forward to gaining insight and hopefully providing some input at a (not too much) later date.

newbie here i dont know how i got here but the info is great........

wish i got the job when i left school at 16 to be a stock broker but i never did......:LOL:

dont have much but looking into buying shares hope i get all the info from here....

p.s hello from the uk

Hi Guys

Hi, Just found this forum. I am thinking of trading in the next 6 months to a year, but I no nothing. I hope I can pick up some info from the guys who have been around the block. Thanks for any help and advice. Toni. From Las Vegas.