Sticky Introduce Yourself

PdeH wishes to Introduce himself

It's good to be here. Hope to learn and in time contribute. What led me here is pretty straightforward enough. A friend introduced me to a spread betting system for the FSTE 100. As a system it was alright but aimed at those who do not want to take their thrading seriously. I want to know why a system works not that it just 'does'.
Pretty soon I began digesting everything I could find on trading options, Forex, Indices etcetc. In a bid to fins what suites my personal style.
This led me here. I cannot find a serious mentor to help me trade the FSTE or DOW.
Therefore am seriously considering Forex. THere is a mine of 'get rich quick', fact talking sales ptches out there. I can spot the Bullsh**t a mile off as I am a veteran of the music business.
My aim is to build a proper trading business. Where and on what market is predicated only by funds ( have recently refinanced my prodcution business ). My aim is to trade up to Options next year.
Am considering various methods right now, to trade Forex, since I cant seem to make any head way with the FTSE; Don't get me wrong I scalp trade well for a newbie. However I know my limitations and that I have many bad habits like, over trading, not having a clear trading plan.
I've stepped back to sort these problems out and stop trading hunches, half understood chart patterns and now am looking to find a new online broker, some education and to seriously consider trading Forex as opposed to the Rolling 100; perhaps trading longer time frames.
First things first. It's great to be a member of a community of other traders.
So hello everyone. Any help, suggestions, would be greatly considered.
Wishing you all a good week in the markets.
P de H

PdeH wishes to Introduce himself

It's good to be here. Hope to learn and in time contribute. What led me here is pretty straightforward enough. A friend introduced me to a spread betting system for the FSTE 100. As a system it was alright but aimed at those who do not want to take their trading seriously. I want to know why a system works not that it just 'does'.
Pretty soon I began digesting everything I could find on trading options, Forex, Indices etcetc. In a bid to find what suites my personal style.
This led me here. I cannot find a serious mentor to help me trade the FSTE or DOW.
Therefore am seriously considering Forex. THere is a mine of 'get rich quick', fast talking sales pitches out there. I can spot the Bullsh**t a mile off as I am a veteran of the music business.
My aim is to build a proper trading business. Where and on what market is predicated only by funds ( have recently refinanced my production business ). My aim is to trade up to Options next year.
Am considering various methods right now, to trade Forex, since I cant seem to make any head way with the FTSE; Don't get me wrong I scalp trade well for a newbie. However I know my limitations and that I have many bad habits like, over trading, not having a clear trading plan, my money management sucks as does my understanding of proper risk / reward ratio. So much to sort out. I love a challenge so here's to 'stepping up to the plate' with the view to become a rational, consistant, well informed trader.
I've stepped back to sort these problems out and stop trading hunches, half understood chart patterns and now am looking to find a new online broker, some education and to seriously consider trading Forex as opposed to the Rolling 100; perhaps trading longer time frames.
First things first. It's great to be a member of a community of other traders.
So hello everyone. Any help, suggestions, would be greatly considered.
Wishing you all a good week in the markets.
P de H

Hi, eveyone, good to be here. I just found this site from another forum which I never really learned that much because of too much negativity and sarcasm on remarks. Just want to learn something useful, because I'm starting from scratch and thanks sharky for the welcome.

veritasfx from Singapore

Hi,
I'm new to forex but experienced in programming. welcome to Singapore if there's any chances.

Hello everyone,

My name is Yusri from Malaysia and am hoping to make many new friends. I am currently trading currency pairs whenever I managed to squeeze some time in between work. I am working for an investment bank in Kuala Lumpur. Have some experience in trading DJ index,Hang Seng Index and Nikkei futures. I m willing to share some of my trading experience with you and at the same time hoping to sharpen my trading skills.

regards.

Introducing myself

Hi everyone,

My name is Clemen, from Malaysia.
i am beginner in the forex trading. Any help to kickstart my trading?

By the way, when is the best forex trading time between 8am - 11.30pm?

regards

clemen

Hi there

Hi.. I am KG, a forex trader from Bandung, Indonesia. It's a pleasure to meet you all, Pals! I hope we can share much about forex trading.. Btw, I share my Daily Prediction in Thread Forex System and Strategy, in kg-world Daily Prediction . I upload it everyday before Tokyo open and update it every 8 hours. See ya .. :)

Hi KG, I am Yusri from Malaysia, just wondering if you do have any personal website to pay a visit?

Cheers

Yusri

Hello All. Just figured it must be customary to make the first post in here, was kinda getting prompted, so here she is! My signiture covers all you'd care to know 'about me', or at least all im sharing for now eh, plus of course my somewhat spammy link back to our websites blog ;) (all in a good days work eh.)

Will carry on with the reading and hopefully get some hardcore posting down soon...

I am an oldie looking to chase down a few bad investments; have been stung a few times
but have come out on right side (just.)
Am specifically looking for a Tony Smith and or Jardine Mckenzie Ltd. Tokyo who sold me
some USEYQ.PK shares around 20 cents last year. Can track them OK but Tony Smith
and Jardine McKenzie appear to have gone on the missing lists.
Anyone with knowledge out ther e??

Jobs, jobs, jobs...........

Hi, i've just joined T2W and really not had the time to use the blog services....
I work at a major investment bank as an equity Quantitative Researcher/Trader at Senior Associate Level....

Given the turmoil and uncertainty in the financial and job markets its no wonder that EVERYBODY is feeling the pressure!!

I do however know of a new resource for finding a job which is soon to be launched online within the next few weeks. Not sure of much detail but it is a job board focused on the financial sector within london. The only details i do know of is that they have substantial finacial backing!

If i do hear of any more info then i will let you know!

Anyway, keep your head down and you may keep your job!

Good luck

DC

G'day all,

I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm also a new learner trader learning to trade the emini S&P500. Still at work with the plan to be a full time trader in the not to distant future if all goes well.

This forum looks like a great place to be whilst waiting for those trades to appear.

Thanks for the welcome Sharky,

Bruce

G'day all,

I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm also a new learner trader learning to trade the emini S&P500. Still at work with the plan to be a full time trader in the not to distant future if all goes well.

This forum looks like a great place to be whilst waiting for those trades to appear.

Thanks for the welcome Sharky,

Bruce

G'day all,
I'm an Italian newbie in forex market and I hope to find new ideas for trading currency,
Thanks for the welcom,
Domenico

I'm an American in Japan (gee, that sounds like a cliche).

After a few years away I'm hoping to re-learn how to trade.

Was off to a good start but have ran out of ideas.

Hoping this forum will provide that as well as some additional tips on how to trade.

Hi there everyone,

Newbie from Singapore here... Gave up on stocks trading and stumbled onto this site while looking alternative "investments". Hope this is the right place to gather tips to successful FX trading. Cheers

Hi Folks,

I'm a long time trader in the equity options market in US exchanges. In recent years I started an educational company which has done fairly well, and have recently created new educational materials for those looking for info to trade that includes an AVI book not entirely completed, titled "NoFear Investing - the Down and Dirty of Retail Trading". If its ok, I'd like to provide some of that material here, at no charge of course, for your review and comment. The first chapters are introductory in nature.

Here are links to the AVI material for the first 3 chapters:
NFI's Library

This is a link to a Chapter of a text book:
NFI's Library

and finally an Outline of the AVI content:
No Fear Investing AVI book outline

you can post comments and opinions, after viewing at the site, which I would appreciate.

Fasi

I have been FX trading for a living now since 2002. I trade some manually but more and more I use ATSs, especially grid trading software, sometimes fully hands off, sometimes partially.

When not trading, I like wilderness hiking, canoeing and organic gardening.

I have been to 35 different countries and Nova Scotia is still my favourite paradise. I could live in South Africa as well, as it is a stunningly magnificent place. I recently spent 6 months there developing a trading system based on the London open.

soma

Good afternoon everyone, I've recently become interested in shares trading as a means to earn a living outside the "rat race", before throwing myself to the wolves I'm trying to do as much research as possible and, in doing so, came across this community. I've already found a few answers I was looking for so thanks to you all for that.

I live in the UK, I support Nottingham Forest, yes, this would indicate to me that I'm bang out of luck and trading will probably end in tears, but I intend to give it a go!