Sticky Introduce Yourself

Introduction

Hi everybody,
Don't know much about how these boards operate, but to introduce myself, I'm a trader in Southern CA. Have been at it off and on for over ten years with some success. Always learning and trying to make a go of trading full time. I work in the film biz, so when I'm working on a project I have to close all positions because of the time constraints. (We work long hours).
Found T2W in a web search and just registered now.

Got an offer to Day Trade from Manny Backus. Searches of his name bring up Harvey Walsh??? Same guy? Think it's a scam, but looking for info.

Thanks Tom

higher truths needed for higher freedoms

hello to all,

I have been dabbling in trading for years and now I know it is time for me to complete my goals. I pose a question to anyone who knows where I can get level i or ii platform that has fundamental analysis, technical analysis, live data feeds, great speed of execution, trading strategies for bear and bull markets all on one screen access if possible.

thanks to the community

Tax filing for daytraders

Hi - Nice to be here. I have been trading for many years so my question is tax-related.
I have been filing as a Daytrader for several years. Basically this involves taking your
equity on the first day of the year and stating the difference at year-end. My accountant
died and my new one is not familiar with this. I know there was a formula: something like
Opening Equity -Closing equity - Deposits + withdrawals but in looking at my accounts
this doesn't appear right. Does anyone have the formula? I know it is a simple one
and relieves us of the burden of sending thousands of trades to the IRS.

Thanks a bunch.

Hi, My name is Scott Stahl. I've just joined. I'm daytrading stocks and love to talk trading, gain info,
and share ideas. Thanks

Dear forum - Members

I have subscribed to this forum to obtain information on how to setup an active day trading station to be able to tarde on NASDAQ and NYSE.

The difficulties I am facing are the following:

1) Although I am aware of most of the underlying economics up to derivatives' pricing levels, I am completely unaware of the best value for money software and services that I need to be able to practically trade on NASDAQ and NYSE

2) I am not situated in the US and am therefore excluded by some of the famous discount brokers (ie Scottrade).

3) I am looking for a "one stop shop" where I can obtain real-time data, and be able to place market orders (long/short) with reasonable pricing. I will also need proper charting ie candlestick charts (red/green) on various time frames. Further on, I would like to have basic research facilities ie: stocks that have opened on significant distance from previous closing. Finally, fast clearing and proper margins should be made available too.

4) Traded instruments are mostly Stocks and secondly options

Now the obvious question is:

WHICH is the best solution (best valuer for money) and easier to go life with? I am trying to avoid to subscribe to ten different companies to get a mosaic of software and service to do the job.
After some short research I have seen that ligthspeed could be a solution. But I would like to capitalize on your experience and ask you all what would be your suggestion??

Ixanos

Hi, everyone out there in cyberworld, i am new to this, i just hope we all can help each other with any issues that we can not tackle on our own, but i am deeply intrested to in stock markets how they work and and how to trade to make proft from them, so i was wondring if any one is in my poistion who taken the first step and could direct me which way to go from novice to a proffessional trader, and what software out there, is good.

Hi from Battersea

Hi everybody

I came across T2W while googling for some trading advice and thought its great place to find out some answers for technical questions I have. And also find some buddies, as it can be lonely business sitting at home alone with the laptop. I live in Battersea, sw London, so I wonder if there is any social group nearby? Also I haven't seen many female traders around, so it would be great to meet some.

About me, I'm from Prague, lived in London for 12 years now.. learned about trading from WinInvesting and go to theirs monthly meetings when I can. Trading full time now, but at the moment I'm taking a little break to study again and to come up with some strategy and money management, as I made a pigs ears of it lately..ahem...betting too much per point while doing intraday trading. So I'm still working out my style to find out what suits me best.

OK, that's about it, looking forward to meeting some of you.

Sonia

First of Many

Hello all, just decided to join this BB/forums as I was searching for some info on trailing stops on different platforms, that I have accounts for CMC, IG index and finspreads and T2W came up so a quick registration later and I am here.

Well I have been trading on/off for the last 2/3 years with some sucess following current, technical, ecomonic news/indicators. I have spent the majority of my time realy learning the fundamentals of trading and have just got into and decided to trade FOREX ( purely for timescale and availability. I use Nisons candlesticks (along with his books and DVD workshops) along with SMAs, Fib and a few other indicators which I like and am able to understand easiest!!!!

So if I have any more questions you will be the first to hear,

cheers

Paul :cheesy:

Hi everyone,

I actually work as a professional coach but i'm interested in developing a portfolio of investments for later years.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyones experience on here

John Walton

hi

hi every one, i was doing a little research on trading then i found this website, i was so excited to, i found so many interesting questions and answers, this site is also comprised of a lot of knowledeable , educated , professional and experienced people. There is also alot of room for a novice like me. I am glad to be here . i hope to learn ,m contribute and be a part of this great family

greeting all

Hiya all,

Thought I drop a quick hello. It’s the first time I've really used this chat site and web trade2win community. I think it could be useful sharing ideas.

I’ve been working with Fixed Income products and FX products for several years and recently moved into an Equities Derivatives area. I’ve not so keen on Equities cash, but I coming around to the idea Equities in general. I prefer using TA on the FX side with Marco Economic. I like FX Exotic such as Payout, 1 touch knockout and knockin, Barrier trades, trading options and some times hedge with cash positions, due to the volatility and movement. I’ve had some recently success in Commodities on the Futures however several of my accounts do not allow the flexibility of Delta Hedging with Options which as you probably guess means pretty risky position, always on Margin.

Anyone have any suggestions on a platform that can provide Option, Future, on FX, Comds and Stock Indices ? (not that I'm that bothered about the Stock) Also with useful Greek on the Options side. Or good charting info tools real time (can't really afford private BBG llicense at the mo :) ) ? Well good luck all. Cheers Ken. May just post these last questions on First Steps forum as instructed Sharkie will check it out:)

Well good luck all. Cheers Ken.

Hello everyone. It looks like I'm bringing up the rear in a trifecta of recent Stater registration. This site came up on a google search for free trading tools. My paper trade software only does intra-day, 3 month, 1 year, and 5 year charts. No Stochastics, moving averages, finanacci, or any of the good stuff!

I'm here to pick all your brains before I go on to trade with real money!

Hey everyone im fairly new to forex trading i know how to use all the indicators and everything but i still would like some forex strategies that i can build upon thanks for everything

read Van Tharps books on Money Managment first, only if you grasp that fully, will you have a chance...the rest is easy, hundreds of decent entries work, pick your choice...Money managment and exits are the holy Grail!!
:clap:

hi all
my name's eugene and i'm from italy
i'm trading stocks and etfs since 2006
some finger burned but a lot of experience too:cheesy:
i started forex 4 months ago
may the pips be whit us:cheesy:

Try Trade King

Try Trade King. Their commission structure is very attractive and I just looked at them the other day. On their site they have a section in the account set-up for "out of the country accounts". That would seem to me to indicate they are willing to set up an account for offshore accounts. Good luck, and love to know what you find out. tombran

Dear forum - Members

I have subscribed to this forum to obtain information on how to setup an active day trading station to be able to tarde on NASDAQ and NYSE.

The difficulties I am facing are the following:

1) Although I am aware of most of the underlying economics up to derivatives' pricing levels, I am completely unaware of the best value for money software and services that I need to be able to practically trade on NASDAQ and NYSE

2) I am not situated in the US and am therefore excluded by some of the famous discount brokers (ie Scottrade).

3) I am looking for a "one stop shop" where I can obtain real-time data, and be able to place market orders (long/short) with reasonable pricing. I will also need proper charting ie candlestick charts (red/green) on various time frames. Further on, I would like to have basic research facilities ie: stocks that have opened on significant distance from previous closing. Finally, fast clearing and proper margins should be made available too.

4) Traded instruments are mostly Stocks and secondly options

Now the obvious question is:

WHICH is the best solution (best valuer for money) and easier to go life with? I am trying to avoid to subscribe to ten different companies to get a mosaic of software and service to do the job.
After some short research I have seen that ligthspeed could be a solution. But I would like to capitalize on your experience and ask you all what would be your suggestion??

Ixanos

yr experience of net working forex companies like FF

yr experience of net working FF forex companies
who will give you min 10% monthly less trading and currency change costs
and the minimum deposit is 1000 USD
and the capital will be engaged only 6 months.
isnt it easier someone else to get that good profit for you ?:clap:

Hi ,
I am rather new in the market learning for almost one year to trade the index right now
I am Demo trading the Mini Dow Jones .
Want to learn to trade the Forex so I am sure this is the place to be to get to learn all about the Forex.

Shantam

from The Netherlands

I'm just starting to trade forex.
i hope at this forum i will get more information thats can help me to trade with stabil profit.
Thanks

This is famagusta signing in....

Hope to give as much as I can, and who knows maybe become a better trader.

So, hello to everybody!!