Sticky Introduce Yourself

first post

Hi everyone,

My name is Thomas, I recently got interested in finding out about financial spread betting. Could anyone tell me what they know about the 45mins demo of Concept FX's trading system? is it any good? is it worth driving 3hours for this demo.

many thanks
Thomas

hi

Hello
Ummm, what more can i say... the truth is that i love forex tread but since i started treading, its not been a sweet or close to swet journey. I hope i find favour in ur arms lol. Hope i learn what i need to know from this community.
Kelly...

Hey everyone im fairly new to forex trading i know how to use all the indicators and everything but i still would like some forex strategies that i can build upon thanks for everything

More and more foreign companies are joining tradefairs in China, the demand for information about China booth construction company, Chinese exhibition service, mainly booth/ stand construction in Beijing, Shanghai,Guangzhou of China are mostly needed by these companies.

These companies or exhibitors need a local booth construction partner as well as booth designer to help them to lower their budget and acchieve the most expected display results in the exhibition in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

Hello to everybody,

it's my 11th year in the FX markets, most of them spent within the interbank environment. Since 4 years however running my own little shop and currently busy in building up the treasury department for a customer.

Happy to be here with all you independent people,

ciaoaoao

Introducing myself

I started some years back and burnt my fingers completely in day trading. perhaps the trading costs involved and the non-professional approach. My story is more of a looser than anything else.
I carry with me the experience of Indian markets and had my initial job experience in the Credit ratings.
Will certainly look forward to veterans on this site to provide some guidance thorugh various posts so that I can pull myself up.

Fantactic, to be here about time I started living my dream. Any advice for a fresh newbie on shares, stocks and investments from you old guards!!

always learning

Still working in the corp world, but (hopefully) will be "working" from home soon...just keeping an eye on my automated trades.:sleep: I'm here to share ideas and hear what others are having success with.

Systems - do they work in new markets?

What the heck are dafties?

I googled for "develop black box" systems and came up with this site and this page with this post. From reading through forums, there appear to be so many "tricks" or interesting topics, like you mention. I have also dabbled for a year or so - I have figured out how to program MS Excel to test simple ideas, but to combine some more sophisticated ideas would probably force me to hire a programmer - I'd rather put that money in a margin account and just trade :)

Regarding the comment about system development and following other people's tips - have you or anyone else reading these comments assessed whether new, less liquid products respond equally well to technical systems currently applied to established markets, such as bonds, emini SP, etc ? The other google hit that took me to this site also brought up a site where the author (he or she) mentions that systems should work in any market - liquid or illiquid. To me, it seems that if a system works, then trading it in illiquid markets may produce greater profits than trading in, for exampe, eurodollars or euro f/x. This same site claims that they will program something for you, however I am wary of contacting them only to find out it's a bunch of programmers with a $200 / hour rate to program a simple excel sheet. If anyone has tried their "free" programming (btw, i don't care about their trading ideas) , do you know what their rates are? it's not advertised on the site and i'm reluctant to fill out a contact-us form - opinions? they are at Online Trading, Commodity Futures Trading, Select a Broker, Technical Analysis, Black Box Trading, Computerized Trading: ABC Futures --- Also, i wonder if they have proprietary access to my idea and if so, what non-disclosures are in place to protect my ideas?

There were 5 other relevant sites, but nothing about programming ... just more "get-rich-quick" ideas.

Man, I wish I studied programming in college! So easy, but so hard ...

Bill

Hi

Nice to see a BB with real people on it rather than dafties.

I have been dabbling for a year or so, withe some modest success, but now want to develop some sort of system rather than just following other peoples tips. I dropped in here after seeing it mentioned by one of the more sane poster on Moneyextra, and will observe and contribute in the fullness of time. Some very interesting topics.

Ian McF

Hi

HI EVERYONE.MY NAME IS MACIEK AND IM BEGINER ON FOREX.I FOUND THIS FORUM ON GOOGLE.GREETINGS FOR EVERYONE.:clap::clap::clap:

introcuction

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi everyone came via google search for Paco oil as I have been approached by Edenbourg Advisory what I saw made me join this forum as I am a complete novice + a pensioner as well , think I probally am through on wrong link but am finding the site a little difficult to navigate.

hello everyone:
Nice to have stumbled on this forum.
kudos to the members for creating such a much-needed community.
cadey1

My Introduction

I've been investing since 1994 with my Etrade account. Started with 12k from a 401k rollover and have successfully turned it into 10k over 14 years (oops!), What's the APR of a 2k loss over 14 years !! I bought a couple of hunches that I lossed about 3K in. And now just own Qualcomm which has brought me back up, hoping it keeps climbing so I can just break even. I've taken fundamental classes, and paid $30/mo for Worden's charting software, over a year I found their picks were only right 50% of the time. Then I inherited $260K and got conservative and put it all in 6% Tax Free Muni's. But one bond was called so now I have $40k in cash and am thinking of taking the Spread Trade Systems Options training class. They want 6K for 6 month training, and then guarantee money back if you don't turn a profit after that. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm not too good at self training with books, so I thought I'd need coaches to prod me along, don't really want to spend the money, but I'm tired of puny returns and relying on advice of brokers.

Trading Suggestion

Hi,

Here are some things I've learned and practice.

1. When trading, find your exit first. Know the point at which you will get out if wrong. If you are right, the upside will take care of itself. The downside is unforgiving. This may have helped you with Qualcomm.

2. Fundamental classes are good, but learn to separate the fundamentals from the news. Take a chart and write on the tops, bottoms and trends the key fundamentals. Search news timelines if possible. For example, if trading the EUR USD print out a long-term chart and write on the chart all the interest rate actions by the ECB. This will allow you to visualize the fundamental with the chart action. Often websites carry lists of central bank moves. This does you no good unless your mind can be trained to see how the moves affect the chart.

3. Worden Charting Software: How to Chose the Stocks to Trade. I don't know how many stocks you had to chose from, but it is important to shorten the list in some way. I like to sort lists of stocks by daily range and volume because I want to trade a stock that moves a certain amount each day to give me opportunity, and I want to make sure someone is there to drive it in my direction or take my trade when exiting. It is important to have size under you so that you can hit the bid if the position is not going your way. If the stock is thinly traded, you'll miss the bid and your loss will be bigger than expected.

4. Worden Charting Software: Percentage of Wins. 50% is considered good for an active trader. The important number to watch is expectancy.

Expectancy = (Average $win * %Wins) - (Average $Loss*%Loss). You need to be well over 1.00.

If you keep your losses small relative to your wins, you will probably end up with 50% or lower correct. The key is to have large winning trades relative to your losses.

If a trading system has a high percentage of winners, then chances are the the size of the winners are small. This sets you up for one big loss to wipe out a series of winners.

5. It's a misconception that Tax Free Muni's are "conservative." Treat every investment the same. It goes back to knowing your downside first.

6. Learn one type of investment first. You've gone from one equity (Qualcomm) to several equities (Worden) to Fixed Income. Now you want to trade options.

Sit down and carefully figure out what it is you want to accomplish. Don't go into options without knowing how they work. It seems to me that you are being attracted to the leverage and think you can make all of your loss back on one huge winner.

In my opinion, go back to Worden, figure out how to sort the list into stocks which have good volume and good movement. Risk about 1% or less of your account on trades. Learn to position size according to your entry and exit. Your position will increase when you have winning streaks and decrease during losing streaks. This will help you stay in the game longer.

I hope this helps.

I've been investing since 1994 with my Etrade account. Started with 12k from a 401k rollover and have successfully turned it into 10k over 14 years (oops!), What's the APR of a 2k loss over 14 years !! I bought a couple of hunches that I lossed about 3K in. And now just own Qualcomm which has brought me back up, hoping it keeps climbing so I can just break even. I've taken fundamental classes, and paid $30/mo for Worden's charting software, over a year I found their picks were only right 50% of the time. Then I inherited $260K and got conservative and put it all in 6% Tax Free Muni's. But one bond was called so now I have $40k in cash and am thinking of taking the Spread Trade Systems Options training class. They want 6K for 6 month training, and then guarantee money back if you don't turn a profit after that. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm not too good at self training with books, so I thought I'd need coaches to prod me along, don't really want to spend the money, but I'm tired of puny returns and relying on advice of brokers.

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and just started day trading part-time. Nice to see oil down, a stronger dollar and the parade of losses in the financial sector end. I work a night job and get home by 6:30 am PST at the market open. This week should be a lot better at least for a week in August that is.
Hope everyone is enjoying the olympics and good fortune to all tomorrow.

Hi all, I ve lost money on a few shares in the past, but received the offer to buy the steve copan matrix system. Have learnt to examine stuff more closely, and google brought me here. This site looks very useful. I usually bet + lose on horses, so at least trading looks more honest! Ive had 30 years experience of watching the markets as an interested amateur, so understand long term trends, but on a day to day basis none of it makes sense (yet). Any bleedin obvious stuff I ought to know, but probably dont, please point me in the direction.
thanks

G1

Hi Sharky, thanks for this site. I found it trying to do some research on net for trading US stocks as I am based in South Africa.

Thanks.