Sticky Introduce Yourself

newby

i m just finishing a masters in business and very interested in getting a job in trading, but lack the practical experience, have done fund accounting but feel it will be of little help to me in trading, so basically i am asking if anyone could provide info on what trading entails from a work perspective, think i have the academia side covered, also if i was lucky enough to get called for an interview, what kind of questions or traits are they requiring of me and looking for?
any comments greatly appriciative,
thomas

Aloha from Honolulu! Just joined today and figured I'd introduce myself before looking around. I've been trading stocks in the US market for awhile now, but as in any market, there's always room for improvement. :)

hello

I've been trading for 5 years. I have 3 different trading models that I use to trade with. I don't believe the markets are random and I don't believe they are as efficient as people would think. The ability to find, recognize and synthesize relevant information consistently is the differenct between winning and losing. It has much less to do with psychology then people would want to think. I think Tharp and the like are only relevant for traders who are proven. That's it for now.

I was expecting to be in British time! And British shares!

I found the site interesting so I joined. What difference is it if it is not British time? As for the shares, I trade in all shares whether British, US or Canadian or any other international stocks. I just hope to share some experiences and knowledge.

left coast time

Hello from Dallas (not The Dalles), Oregon (not Texas) not far from the Pacific Coast Highway, halfway from the north pole to the equator.(y)
Am new to forex but already know not to turn my back for too long.
At least my overhead is low, along with my expectations.

Markhttp://www.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

hi all - been trading in the city for 3 yrs now - want to start on my own at some point. Always staring at charts, taking a view and correctly predicting direction more often than not (though I may have just forgotten when I was wrong -conveniently). Cant trade at present due to employement restrictions but one I have raised some substantial capital will be looking to make incremental, gradual gains trading stock, index and commodity spreads and cfds. Know some TA, slightly sceptical of the real in depth stuff but many people do very well on it so will be researching further. Used IG Index, seems stable but think 4 pt FTSE spread on limited a/c is way too wide. Anyway, will be posting more and reading around.. take it easy all!

House Warming

Hello guys!!!!!!!
My name is Javier and I am a business manager, living in London. Some months ago, I was tempted to join a TRADING COURSE as WinInvesting, OTA and so on... To my surprise they are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive and wherever you information from you only read about SCAM.
Is that true, guys?
and secondly
Doesn't a FORMAL (With formal I mean a University that actually teaches it) trading MSC, diploma or degree exist?

Thanks very much, guys.

Greetings.............

Hello everyone.......

I`m new user of this website! Actually I also newbie in FX market. So i dont have much experience to share. I prefer learn from you all guys! However, if you dont mind please share your knowledge or info about FX! I would be glad to be your student.... :smart:

I think thats all for now, thank you for your attention! Have a nice day......

:) Caiiiaaaoooo...........

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site but not new to trading. I've traded the Forex a little over 1 yr now. It gets a little boring and lonely out here trading all by myself. I trade the GBP/JPY during London. My passions are God, fitness and Forex. Look forward to reading the posts and meeting other traders.

Hey guys,

Recently joined up to try and get in to trading 'for real', as opposed to the dabbles and irregular forays that have preceded this.

I recently took the 'leap' and quit the media industry and started working in financial, with a view of hopefully getting in to markets and banking.

For now, as my work eliminates me from the FTSE opening times, I'm looking in to foreign equities and Forex, although professionally I would prefer comms or derivatives.

What I think would be best for me right now is to start off with some small value trading, or better yet a practice account on a 'real time' market, to practice, learn, and progress.

ANY NORTHERN NEW JERSEY Trading outfits?

Anyone knw of where an unregistered series 7, 55, and 63 trader can get back into trading in Northern NJ?
20K to put down.

Cliff

Hi all from the beautiful mountain valleys of Utah...Mainly a day trader: indexes, forex, gold and crude. Need help in trend and longer term trading for my IRAs, etc. Hope I find lots of wisdom from all of you here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

I found this site on google while doing some research for some investing that im doing. Im relatively new to investment, but it is already something that im very passionate about and im looking to study financial planning in the not to distant future.

I look forward to meeting you all and learning from my stay here!

Hi everybody,
It has just been a few days that I have taken interest in gambling. I've been going through several articles and gambling review sites just to get more info on gambling. Please suggest a few gambling tips if you get to learn more on the topics.
THANKS.:)

Hi guys....

Just stumbled across you guys, thought id join up see whats going on...my background...Im a young credit trader (eeek!) in London and been trading for 2 years CDS and cash with a touch of index to hedge.

Nice to meet yoooo!

Hello,

I'm Raymond based in Kuwait. An FX newbie who just started trading live a few weeks ago. I am hoping I will learn a lot from all of you folks. :)

Hi!

My name is NikoShark, I am owner of few online stores, info sites (like seocash.net). Moderator on major webmasters forums (for russian webmasters). Owner of an affiliate program. Also has got few developed solutions like foxerclub.org (opens in IE only, a trading game, very interesting one), represent a company vendour of online poker room software and other online games (only commercial games).
Nice to be here.