Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi

My name is Krzysztof. I am completely new to trading. Hope to actually progress and learn from this site. Please let me know any tips or suggestions where to start.

Regards
Krzysztof

Help Needed!

Is it still possible for young bright individuals with no or little formal education to start working at brokerage firms and work their way up?

I'm 20 years old, and i left school at 16 with a handful of gcse at c.

I have been working for a financial publishing company selling advertising for 3 years and i have become fascinated with the financial markets and have a great desire to go into trading.

Do arcades take on junior staff with an attitude of make or break?

Could someone please let me know if this is or is not the case this would be a great time saver to me and could continue on my way to becoming a publishing tycoon!

Many thanks

Is it still possible for young bright individuals with no or little formal education to start working at brokerage firms and work their way up?

I'm 20 years old, and i left school at 16 with a handful of gcse at c.

I have been working for a financial publishing company selling advertising for 3 years and i have become fascinated with the financial markets and have a great desire to go into trading.

Do arcades take on junior staff with an attitude of make or break?

Could someone please let me know if this is or is not the case this would be a great time saver to me and could continue on my way to becoming a publishing tycoon!

Many thanks

Hi!
I think it can be hard to be a broker (they are just salespeople) and i belive they want their employs to have a formal education to make their customers feel safe. However, if you want to be a trader: Stay AWAY form brokerfirms!
You will not get a trader position on a investment bank since you dont have a degree and you too old anyway.
But what you can do is work for a prop. firm. At a prop firm you trade the firms money and get a precentages for the profit. Some people make HUGE sums form this, but its also a competive bussnies.
When you talk about an arcade, i guess you mean a prop firm since an arcade is just a place were you trade your own money. Its just for fast connection and proper tools.

If you decide to apply for a posistion at a prop firm they might not even ask you if you have a formal education. But what they will do is let you take a test, often its a math test. But i guess that wont be a problem for you since you say you are very bright. (y)

Hi!
I think it can be hard to be a broker (they are just salespeople) and i belive they want their employs to have a formal education to make their customers feel safe. However, if you want to be a trader: Stay AWAY form brokerfirms!
You will not get a trader position on a investment bank since you dont have a degree and you too old anyway.
But what you can do is work for a prop. firm. At a prop firm you trade the firms money and get a precentages for the profit. Some people make HUGE sums form this, but its also a competive bussnies.
When you talk about an arcade, i guess you mean a prop firm since an arcade is just a place were you trade your own money. Its just for fast connection and proper tools.

If you decide to apply for a posistion at a prop firm they might not even ask you if you have a formal education. But what they will do is let you take a test, often its a math test. But i guess that wont be a problem for you since you say you are very bright. (y)

Thanks very much.

Just saying hello, I traded twenty five years in the pits at the Board of Trade and thought I'd see what's going on on this site

Hi to all, my first post

Hi to all, my first post, I am living in Swansea,Wales. I am new to trading, or should I say spread betting! I have had an account with IGINDEX for about 3 weeks now and have been having a little dabble, at present just I am about even.
What a fantastic site you have here, I have learned so much from the thousands of posts I have read, keep up the good work

Alan

Hello Everybody!

MY NAME IS ANTONIS AND I AM FROM GREECE! I AM 25 YEARS OLD AND I WORK AS A FOREX TRADER . I AM HERE TO HELP MYSELF AND OTHERS FIND THE BEST STRATEGY TO WORK WITH AND MAKE MORE MONEY FOR MY CLIENTS AND MY SELF ALSO!

I WISH YOU A HAPPY TRADE(y)

Beginner

[Hi everyone
I'm a beginner in trading and hope to learn and contribute as much as is possible from this site.
Thanx to you Sharky
annzibk1QUOTE=Sharky;8772]This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums[/QUOTE]

Newby

Hi, The title says it all.
Mature Newby looking for advice/help before taking a serious plunge into curriency trading on spread betting.
Cheers.

hello i am new to this. i am interested in learning to become a stock broker. others keep saying i should take it up.

Namaste All,

I am Kiran from India, a newbie trader, learning how tos of trading.
Thanks to trade2win.

Best wishes,
Kiran

Inside the head of traders

Hi Traders,

Firstly I'm here on a research exercise. What I'd like to know is what motivates a trader, more so traders etc in the commodity sector. Our client wants the best traders (from all levels, spot, middle, risk, analyst etc) from around the world to come to Australia and bring their experience and knowledge with them. So feel free to dump what's in your head. Key words are fine, anything will help to allow me to get an insight to what's in your head.

Thanks traders

Hi,

I am Edwin from the Netherlands and I came to this side, because I bought restricted shares and this company was fraud and somebody wrote something on here.

Also I am a daytrayder. The most trades that I do are, gold spot and usd-eur. I do this trough my own software, this I created with a (Triple A) bank.

Like to come in contact with new people and have nice discusions about online trading.

Hi,
My name is Paul - I had my first experience of futures trading using Elliott Wave about 8 years ago, I traded for about 2 years without loosing my shirt - but I lost more than I made. At that time I was using Dynamic Trader 3 software.
I am thinking about upgrading DT3 to DT5 (the latest version of Dynamic Trader) but I would now like to use Trend Following principles instead of EW. Does anyone have any experience of using DT5 for Trend Following?
Great web site by-the-way - is this a custom made forum or off-the-shelf?

Hi,
My name is Michael. I've been interested in the financial markets for about 4 years and was introduced to futures about a year ago. Since then I have read many begginner books and have graduated to the intermediate books as well. Starting to hone in on specific methodologies from people such as Joe Ross, etc. I am currently on Tradestation and trade the S&P emini exclusively until I become proficient enough to wander into other commodities as well. I am about even at Tradestation since I went on a 5 month trading span but have taken a short hiatus to build a better foundation before getting back in the ring. I know learning to trade isnt easy and I am definitely ready and able to put in the work necessary to become one of the few futures traders that actually make money in "the game". I also have a friend who has just subscribed to eminidaytrader.com. I have eagerly been awaiting updates in his progress. Anyone have any info on this site/ methodology? Thanks, I look forward to posting more in the future.

New To Trading Options

Hello everybody. I'm trying not to reinvent the wheel, so I've read a few of the articles on T2W and like what I have seen so far. I have lots of homework to do and I'll be asking a few questions later on. Best wishes to all.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums