Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi - I feel I am in bonded labour (its called a career) and need to patiently work through to become a trader to release me. I SB'd in the UK and lost most of my money because I was gambling but I have done alright overall as I have enjoyed my (day) job, moved to Australia and now want do something different and stimulating and be in charge (of myself - though try telling this to the wife!)

I am looking to concentrate on one FX pair and one index to do this - signed up with CMC markets CFD's - any good??

Want to learn from other peoples mistakes as I have made plenty myself!

Good trading,

Swissy

im around

[iam just getting in guys,i love to trade in forex,fixed odd,and stocks,does anyone have agreat note for a newbie,
iam ola,
love u all.

Hai, Admin, Hai all,
Im frm Malaysia, Im looking a simple method system, easy for newbies like me, anybody can help me about it, thanks

Hi everybody! I´m hbpatrick,really a newbie here, not opened a trading account yet, so I guess I´m really "fresh meat" here! Just need some time to read and learn from here, then on a demo and later on... go for it! Of course, one step at a time!
Regards :)

Hi

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

HEELLLOOOO COMUNITY :D

And i hope your all just fine,...... yes another guy that wants to give up the day job (electrician sick of all the dirt and dust and crawling in roof spaces just to pay the bills) to become.....yep....a day trader. ive traded options before about 12 years ago as a young money hungry lad on a end of day data feed for about a year, made good money fast/lost good money just as fast but had to give it up as work took me from city to city so no data feed, good thing really because i now see i didnt have a clue. How things have changed while ive been building my family.
Im amazed at endless sites and information/free live data feeds and charting software easy access to the markets and great forums.So much information, after staring into charts for hours at pin and inside bars at s/r levels my laptop has become my new pillow and red eyes are normal . I came across forex about 6 weeks ago by accident and since then it has become my passion i can see the potential what a decent system can bring and so my journey began on sites such as this where peoples generosity in sharing little nuggets of information aquired over many years and at a cost is amazing and i thank them all for it, i think these sites are great and more i think the people on them are great and i wish you all good trading.

nice to be here,

Luds:D

Hi,

I've been trading in a small way for about 8 years, recently getting into it more frequently. Stumbled onto this site by accident. Hopefull to some like minder people. I like the buzz from trading and I'm in this to try to make some cash. Not much luck so far though.

Spoken like a true customer for mutual funds! From the few sentences you have written, my comments:
1. Luck is a big part of your trading - a big NO! NO! Before taking up any position, you need to know why you are taking up the position and what are your loss and profit exits. It is your response to what happens in the market that counts. Examine yourself.
2. A big part of your trading is for the "buzz" - another big NO! NO! Trading is a business like any other. You need to have clear business plans, targets and how you plan to realise them. Buzz is addictive and is not going to help you. Again examine yourself.
3. After trading for 8 years, you should be able to see for yourself what you have done right and what you have not. This is a tough exercise and can be scary. But you need to learn the lessons. Only you can figure out what these are.

I have no idea what market you are in. If you need someone to help you along, do write.

Hello Charles

Nice to see a member with auto system list also.
How much drawdown is expected with the Autopoilet System?

Helloooooo everyone,

I am new here in this site and in the trading business in general,

I already have an account in FX, and lost till now about 600$ due to lack of experience...
So i stopped trading real money and i am now seeking as much knowledge on Forex as i can.

Hope knowing you all in time (though it is hard to know 100 000 members :))

Hello

I am a management accountant living in London and am interested in spread betting and forex. However I have never taken the plunge as apparently only about 10% make profits. Also, I wonder how to spread bet if I am busy at work all day.

I have registered in this forum to help me find some answers!

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

HI, i just finished my training course today and desided to read further on, then i came up with this site and i just register one time. As u see i am a newbie just had 2 full days training and looking to take it further on. I will do x amount of reading and take couple advice to meet my gold.

New kid on block.

Hey everyone,
I'm the a new kid on THIS block. I'm a day trader, doing over 50 round trips/day. I mainly trade coal and energy stocks, mostly long but more often short these days. I trade with interactive brokers. I use Scottrades streaming quotes and charts, mainly because I am used to them.
Two questions: 1) Any chart and technical analysis software suggestions?
2) computer system requirements for all the streaming data and graphics I run through computer and 2 monitors? I'm in the processs of buying a
Oh yes, and what to do about a kitten that loves to hang out on my mouse hand?
Off to look at comuters,

Dog

hello

hi every one i'm the newbie, been checking out site and have picked up some great info....thanks to all

Hi people.Just wanted to say a big bravo for your wonderful work....Am a beginer in t/a nearly a year of 8 hours studying per day ..Hope to learn more from you's.
Talk u soon

Hi: I am brand spank'n new to even the thought of becoming a trader. Real Estate has been my bag. I have done some stock investing and gave some money to an options guy, but sooo far it has been disaterous. I arrived at this forum after researching someone named "Chris Kobewka" who sells some type of trading system. I think I will spend sometime on this forum before buying any systems. Your forum appears to be legit and potentially very helpful.

I am in my mid fifties and need to make money more consistently and I need to make money in retirement. I worked as a meat broker in the cash markets for a brief time in the mid seventies. I do have an interest in commodities probably more so than stocks, but I am open to suggestions as to where it might be more beneficial to learn the rope.

Thanks for listening.

DezertDawg

Introduce myself

Hi, i'm from jakarta, i am a newbie, i hope i can learn about trading forex from this forum, thank you.

hi

i'm jack,i'm from singapore.have been trading the singapore stock market for one year.got many scars all over my body.hope to find some solution here =):clap::clap:

trading software

good morning all,

i am a newbie to trading and would appreciate any input on some trading software that i am looking at to help me trade. these vendors claim their software can help me trade the FX,futures and equities.

the 4 software pkgs i am interested in are: 1. hawkeyetraders.com, Niegel Hawkes,
(volume spread analysis)
2. Vantage Point, Lou Mendelehson,
(neural network technology)
3. TradeGuider.com, Mr. Tom Williams,
(volume spread analysis)
4. Ablesys.com, Dr. Wang,
(pure price algorithm)

I have some "thick skin" and will appreciate any and all responses.

Good luck trading today, thankyou,

Dave

Hello

Hi
I just joined this site and am finding loads of information from the forums.
I am new to trading and need t o learn more nd gain experience, I tried spread betting on a demo account but it is not the same as when you put real money on, so what I am doing now is spread bets just £1 per point.
last week I did Ro Tino @ £1 at 8am I took my son to school and when I arrived home i was £196.0 in profit however in my enexperience (and Greed) I never moved my stop loss and finished the day at a loss of £156.00 :cry:.
But it was worth the loss for thevaluable lesson I learned.
Anyway hns for lting me join and benefit from the wealth of experience and knowledge available here.
Andrew

Nice to be here...

This is a nice forum, i hope to meet new people and share trading ideas here...

Cheers..