Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello world.
I am about to start my trading journey when my brokerage account gets credited.I've been interested in the markets for quite a few months now but was pensive about doing anything. A few weeks back I finally took action; I will be trading a technical system that I have bought, and I will refine it as it goes along. Anyone who wants to chat with me, trading or otherwise, experienced or not, I look forward to hearing from you :D

hey guys! just wanted to say hello to you all!
just about to start trading meself (well looking into getting into the world of trading lol)
if you have any advice for me or anything, please send me a pm or something!

much appreciated!

Greeting's from Down-under

Normally avoid the web based social networking scene (probably due to laziness and malware :spam: fear more than anything) so it's time to plunge in the cyber pool...

I'm a newbie trader having a go over the last year, mostly forex although the VISA IPO was in there with CFD's and option protection. Now I'm trying currency options as well. Have also done some simple eSignal scripting for trade management and entry / exit signal processing...

All of the instruments and methods seem to work to the extent that my own psychology 'works' (and therein lies the problem :eek:)

Good to be part of this community and looking forward to constructive dialogue that leads to prosperity for us all.

Greeting's from Down-under...

Normally avoid the web based social networking scene (probably due to laziness and malware :spam: fear more than anything) so it's time to plunge in the cyber pool...

I'm a newbie trader having a go over the last year, mostly forex although the VISA IPO was in there with CFD's and option protection. Now I'm trying currency options as well. Have also done some simple eSignal scripting for trade management and entry / exit signal processing...

All of the instruments and methods seem to work to the extent that my own psychology 'works' (and therein lies the problem :eek:)

Good to be part of this community and looking forward to constructive dialogue that leads to prosperity for us all.

Hello, My name Hindarto. from Indonesia. I have been trading options for 2 years. my account still red .
I usually trade like scalping. but until now still lost.
I hope from this forum get idea for good trading. Thank you

Howdy-Doodie!
Like the site. I believe that forums such as this are one of the best uses of the internet. In fact, that is how it all started!
I enjoy flipping micro and submicro penny stocks, from my home. I like the idea of sharing knowledge with others like myself, so I am going to start with the Trading from Home board. May we help each other to prosper!
"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford

quick question

sharky,
just found this forum. heres my question. do you know where i can find a word or excell listed forex high, low and close? im working on a spreadsheet and im tired of entering these numbers manually. i need all pairs, for teh past two years. both day and 360 light numbers. thanks for your help.
jdolan

Hello everybody,
I am the new kid on the block.
Hope to fly through without much hitches in the uncertain world of trading.
Best regards.

Hi All,
I joined today. I am a very short term trader, a nervous one. I made 40% for the year so far, oh lost 13% last week. I am trying to find someone who has similar interest and ideas to improve each other for better result.
Hope it is a helpful site.

Theceo

Hello to All,

I'm a novice trader who's started to take trading seriously only slightly more than a month ago.

12 months before that, when I was into my 7th year with the police , I hadn't the slightest interest in the stock market. I knew next to nothing about investment (The only thing I knew about the investment world was Warren Buffet...).

Sometime in May 2007, I left the force and joined a bank as a relationship manager. It was during my stint at the wealth management arm of the bank that I realized the importance of taking control of one's finances and how much I needed to know how to invest my money myself.

9 months ago, I took an intensive course to learn the basics of trading. I firmly believe that what a novice trader - and more so, someone who knows nothing about trading - needs is a good foundation that will keep him/her from being slaughtered in the market. The very first thing a novice should learn about is how NOT to lose money - that is, to learn to defend their capital. Sadly, many courses and seminars offer trading STRATEGIES which take an ATTACK approach towards trading. Giving a novice an aggressive step-by-step trading strategy that promises obscenely massive returns without having taught him the basics of trading and how to protect his capital is akin to throwing someone who's never learnt how to swim into the ocean.

I've read on this forum about traders who have made money consistently in 6 months, only to have their accounts wiped out in the months that followed. Something that I can't help but picked up is their "attack" mentality towards the market. They don't seem to have a concept of minimal-risk entry nor a blueprint for exiting a profitable trade. They were taking on risks that they could not afford to take. This shows a lack of proper training in the basics of trading.

My personal belief is that it's not necessary to attend a course or workshop to learn to trade well. Granted that there's an added advantage of having a personal coach, a disciplined (this should be in CAPS - "DISCIPLINE" is a must in trading without which one might as well forget about going into trading at all) person can pick up as much from books at a much lower cost.

For novice traders, I recommend Toni Turner's "a beginner's guide to daytrading online". Toni writes with a heap of sensitivity and hence very newbie-friendly. She teaches no strategy, just very safe techniques that help you manage/minimize your risk and protect your capital as you put your money to work.

Briefly on my trading experience: I scalp the FX and US equities market. I'm scalping GS options almost daily, and keep an online diary about my trades. If you're trading GS too, please feel free to visit my blog at Jules In Jumbles.

I've visited this forum numerous times before signing up as a member. I would like very much to contribute as much as I can, but as you'd have figured out, I'm also a newbie, and I am here to learn from all of you as well.

Jules

Hi everyone, I am new, but I have been reading alot about forex but I haven't started demo trading yet. My question is can one really succeed in forex trading not having a personal mentor? Thanks.

Greetings from Singapore

Hello Folks

I am a successful options investor consistently pulling in 4 to 5% on my portfolio month after month, right from September 2007. I trade the US markets primarily.

There are some sticky situations - occasionally - that require me to be good at day trading. I am looking forward to polish my skills and perhaps share some of my views with the community.

Looking forward to a mutually rewarding time.

Singaporelink(y)

Hi All

Im writing to introduce myself.

My goal is to become a fulltime trader in spreadbetting.(y)
I have no trading experience.
I am very keen and am devouring all the material I can find on the subject.

Im trying to find a course to sign up to that will teach me the basics , a system and provide 1 t o 1 backup/coaching. I have read conflicting reports about some of the courses I have come across so would welcome any recommendations with reasons.

I would also welcome any advice.

Im looking forward to sharing my experiences with the forum and getting to know others on a similar journey et generally.

Cheers.

traders course

Hi Everyone

I've really only just started - 5 weeks up till now shorting "the obvious targets"at 50p. My aim, I suppose,is to provide an income that supplements the day job. So far I've read "The Beginner's Guide to SB, and I'm mid way through Malcolm Pryor's The Financial SB Handbook. Time is an issue for me...learning the ropes without spending unnecessarily is a big aim.
I'm going to a Traders University "Seminar" in a couple of weeks (with a a ready supply of scepticism) - but for now I'm glad to have found this site, hopefully I can make some valid contributions in the future.

All the best

David

Hi David

Am considering that course myself so as you will by now have attended would be grateful for your feedback.

Cheers
Mike

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi,

I've been trading in a small way for about 8 years, recently getting into it more frequently. Stumbled onto this site by accident. Hopefull to some like minder people. I like the buzz from trading and I'm in this to try to make some cash. Not much luck so far though.

New her

Hi everyone!

I'm here trying to learn something. I'm no able to obtain profits. All my (demo) accounts in forex finish near zero :D. Fortunately, I opened only a small real micro account -near zero today. :sleep::sleep:

Hope to learn something... :cry:

Thanks!

Hello, I want to be a day trader. I have now equiped myself with account, time and cash. now I wnt to learn some methods of trading

Good Day All,
I am very new to the trading game. I have never traded before, but I am looking to add another stream of income to my finances. I know that forums have the ground pounders (people who are doing this for a living) so I hope to learn all that I can. I am a sponge for information so all will be accepted. Thanks in advance group.

Hi all, Im full-time trader in Equity markets...... i do trading, scalping, create strategies and test them..... basiclly trading for living. I have experience of 3 years .... on this forum like to learn abt forex... and commodities.. also want to learn few more trading system and wht is new in this traders world.

warm regards

warlock1984

Hi , I am an absolute beginner with no expeience whatsoever. I have been bombarded with this scheme and that scheme, so at this moment, I am trying to unravel the good from the bad. Could take hundreds of years judging by the amount of different, ( this is the only system ), that I would ever need.
Regards, Zac