Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello, thsi is X5super whose name is funny to have 5 times speed to upper $. In fact, "X5" sounds water bottle in our country. It's named by my son : I'm "X5" Superman! Nice to meet you!

Hello, my name is mike,i live in laguna beach SoCal and i day trade futures in the indices and metals.i also enjoy option stock trading. i trade w/ candles...really like candles.i also own a small construction company here in town. have lived all my life,won't say how old i am but lets say been around the block a few times...hmmm,anyway i im married for almost 20 years w/2 fine young lads to complement the happy family.i would like to learn and earn while hangin the forum.thank you very much for allowing me to introduce myself

Hi all,

Came across this board and thought I'd give it a go so here is my intro (this sounds like AA!).

Been trading for about 3 years now, lost a bit on stocks and have moved to forex in the last six months. My biggest problem was always me - couldn't take a loss so I always kept in trades I should have exited (moved stops all the time!)

Anyway to save myself from myself I have developed a software program that does the trading for me. It logs into my spreadbetting account and can open trades with set limits and stops.

This has taken me six months and I really only have good data for the last six weeks from it. However, I think I have finally found a system that works (completely my own) so I'm happy at the moment. Last six weeks have produced 4000 pips and this last week has it has turned £1k into £2k.

Managed to find a site that will give me data back to 2003 so I'm going to spend the next week or two loading that in, running my system through it and seeing what it does - I'm reasonably confident although I'm sure it will highlight changes that will be needed.

That's all for now - looking forward to talking to you all and finding out about how others approach this.

trading in betonmarket

hi my name trida, im new member here
does anyone know abot trading in beton markets?:rolleyes:

Hi. I'm living in South Africa but have had money in Isle of Man and Jersey for the last 4 years. It was invested in an India fund and a China fund but I sold up in June last year (bit early as it turns out). It is now in cash but I've just opened an account at Internaxx to give me more flexibility. I read the English Telegraph, and what RBS and Barclays have just said have convinced me to stay out of shares for a bit longer. I fancy property but need to wait 1 year?, 5 years? By then equities should be improving. Cheers

Hi, all
This is Kigigg and I am a newbie trading FX.
It's glad to meet you all and wish you graet success in trading.

hI ALL
I am smithaudrey, I am new in trading. Can somebody explain to me what is Hammer, they said it happens on Friday. What usually happens next after Hammer occurs?

trading US markets from the old world

Hi. I'm Linus from Germany.
I've been trading stocks for about 10 years now.
I've paid high tuition fees. Today I can buy my lunch off of my trading profits.
I can buy food but not a house, that's why I keep my day job in a printing and advertising company near Switzerland.
Keeping my job in Germany and trading the US markets, I'm working from 7am to 22pm every day. That's how I want it, that's how I get it.
I'm a pure scalper. I've tried different trading styles and markets and found out that trading Nasdaq stocks suits me best. There are reasons why the stock markets are so overly regulated, and the futures and forex markets are not. And I'm happy to be in that market I wanna be in.
I'm trading my IB account through eSignal. I'm using candlestick charts; 1,2,5,30 minutes, MAs, some indicators I keep forgetting to look at; fast stochastic, price oscillator, volume, fibonacci lines and arcs.
I'm subscribing to no letters and am taking no advice.
My problem is that I keep doing the wrong things like buying the highs or selling the lows. Or doing something when I shouldn't be doing something at all. It's costing me money, but I'm improving each day :)

Some books and persons who helped me to become what I am:
Bill Gates
Cormac McCarthy
Joel and Ethan Coen
Josh Lukeman - The Market Maker's Edge
Trader X - technical trading online
Steven Achelis - Technical Analysis from A to Z
Steve Nison - Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques
Bob Prechter - Elliott Wave Principle
Edwin Lefèvre - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
Gerald Loeb - The Battle for Investment Survival
Vadym Graifer - Techniques of Tape Reading
John Carter - Mastering the Trade
Brett Steenbarger - The Psychology of Trading
:clover:

Hello all. Just joined today. I'm a semi-retired Finance Director, living in Ireland, North of Dublin. I've been investing for several years in Irish, UK and US equities. Just now planning to start spreadbettting, about which I have a lot to learn.

Hi all,

I joined this site some months ago but this is my first post. :)

I've been reading old posts over the last few weeks/months and have been thoroughly entertained. I can empathise with some of the bad luck stories I've read. You have to go through pain before experiencing the pleasure right? ;) I've been trading UK stocks for 6 years and spreadbetting for about 3 years. I'm now at the stage where I think I can call myself fairly competent at Technical Analysis and Swing Trading.

I wish everyone good luck!!

intro

hiee, dis is diwas ......its nice to join u guys here

i am intrested in online trading n dass it....

Backed Remote Trading

Hi All,
Im new to this site, however have been trading for a couple of years on the spot Fx market on (oanda)

Making a few changes currently on the Broker side to a pro platform (ECN) if anyone has any suggestions... I was thinking of MB or MF Global

Also I have been making good consistent returns and have been building a descent track record, am wondering if anyone knows of any prop house, that back traders on a split and can arrange for them to work remotely.

Thx All

Greetings All,

As a recent joiner and follower of this board, let me Say Hello to everyone here.

I am enjoing to read through this extensive knowledgebase and experience accumulated here over the years.

I am very new to trading, financials and especially Technical analysis.

A year or two ago i opened an account on virtualtrader.co.uk, wich is brilliant. Well, actually the only site i know, but still great. :)

My poor progression over the first part of the year turned a nice 10% profit as soon as i left it untouched for 4 months... Still have to work on portfolio management:) Shame that the only reason i left it there because i forgot to check it for that long...

Getting so much inspiration from my "great" result as a long term virtual investor, i started to read about spread betting and opened an account with CMC.

Financed my account with a simbolic amount and started to papertrade. The result was terribble, but managed to get some key skill which would qualify me as cannon fodder in real markets with real money:)

Then started to read something else than than free morning financial papers:)

So the journey begans...

I was literally shocked how much needs to be learned, practiced and tested before someone can stand any chance with an account whatever sized it is.

I became very interested to find the one and true Holy Grail, but all my dreams went out of the window as soon as i read myself throug the beginners corner here:)

I am now in to Technical Analysis, putting together a strategy wich i can describe, put it in writing and follow.

My original deadline was to become a pro overnight, but i had to extend it a little bit further :) due to some(actually loads) warnings i read in this board:)

I am happy to be here.

Regards,

HW07

ps: please be patient with my silly questions:)

Apologies for my long introduction.

Hi all,

I joined this site today.

I have a limited knowledge of trading. Years ago I had dabbled with candlesticks with Big Charts and some other web site I cannot remember now. I know that I need a lot more discipline and a lot more knowledge to succeed.

Here's to success, I wish you (and me) all the success, in all it's forms.

Hi

Ive been a member for some time but this is my first post. Im a forex trader, my style is swing trading, i dont use any indicators just support resistance and price action.

good luck every one

dave