Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi

I am a new member to this group and feel the need to introduce myself.

I am a software developer currently writing an application that does short term trading on the Betfair exchange -- hopefully to get a short term profit! I am keen to hear from any traders that use technical indicators especially related to short term market fluctuations, such things as application of weighted moving averages , least squares trend anaylsis etc.

Cheers

I, my name isi link ed I'am based in Pescara, Italy.
I'am a trader in futures

Ciao!

I'm a trader/chef living in Fano (PU)...just moved here from London. Are you interested in meeting up to talk trading as I'm dying to have some trading buddies over here.

Ci sentiamo presto

James

:) Hi. My name's James. I'm originally from London but have been living in Italy (Fano) since about two weeks ago. I've had success with my trading overall and I'm interested in sharing ideas/strategies either in person or over the net, if distance dictates.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Hi, I searched for information in this forum several months ago when I was looking for a trader's job, but only registered today as I recently got the job.

I am Chinese. I did a physics PhD in Cambridge. Last year I started working in an auditing-like company. But I felt I need to earn more money, so I started looking for better-paid jobs. I self-taught much about Hull's book. I luckily got an offer from Tibra Trading, an Australian based market-making prop company who is expanding into Europe.

I am entirely newbie in trading. My training course will take place in June. I read through the discussions here and found many interesting topics that provide answers to most of the questions I used to have about the trading career. Hope to make friends with all of you.

Hi all
I currently make a living out of Betfair primarily using a simple bot that I have created but due to the limited liquidity i have a need to diversify. I have no trading experiance or knowledge at all but it appears to offer rewarding possibilities so here i am. I will probably just be lurking about for a while as I try to get my head around the basics.

John

Hello Everyone my names Jeanie.
joined here to make enquiries with regard to shares in the American Market.
I bought some Common Regulated Stock shares 3 yrs ago, have had a sale offer, does anyone know how to get them de-regulated ( restriction lifted)
Is there a charge????

Last edited:
New Comer

HI its munish ahuja. new comer to all of you. I want to start online share trading intraday. But I want the knowledge to start and success in this field. and for this I want help from all of you to give me the proper guidence and knowledge.

Hello there!

Hi there! I am from Singapore. I want to try forex trading. Had done a few demo accounts since last Oct 07, but, still lost $$. I attended forex course, but, what was preached is different from real life. Then, gunno I went live to try as feel no point keep staying in demo account.

I opened a live account with IG Markets in Mar 08. Todate, I have lost about $2K. Some loss my fault, but, mostly due to strange happenings in the trading platforms. I think I will ask my questions in the forum instead. Hope the community will be of great help in my pursue in forex trading lor. Thanks.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hello I'm Nam from VietNam, I have traded forex for 3 years using Marketiva and Fxopen, now I studying about EA, I have some good ones, will share them with you soon !
Good luck trading !

BETFAIR FROM INDIA

I’ll be in Mumbai and Goa for a couple of weeks this summer, so I’d like to know :

Can we access and trade from betfair.com in Goa and Mumbai?

I know that we can’t from Kashmir. But from the rest of India?

Hi there,

Newbie here just wanting to introduce myself and also get my first post out the way.

I've got Investment experience but I've never got involved in trading before but the risk reward potential is what appeals to me. It appears that there is a never ending supply of information available out there so I guess I've got my work cut out to weed out the wheat from the chaff.

I'm going to a "Traders Secret Seminars" shortly and would appreciate if anyone could share their experencies of these events in advance.

Good luck to everyone with their trading strategies.:cheesy:

1000 share AAPL Day Trader

Hello

I would like to share thoughts with serious successful day traders. I have been trading futures and stocks for 30 years. I have only found a few indicators that I can use. Good Luck trading---You are going to need extreme discipline. Trailing stops on profitable trades is one of the keys to success. ct

Hi, I'm a new member, just starting out. I have been reading/studying, developing algorithm ideas and psuedocode from my own prior code and a # of books, mostly over the past year. I have a background in C/C++ programming and am currently researching whether to build my own overall structure for trading, or to use an existing platform and code my own algorithms into it (speed of backtesting/flexibility is the main concern there; I have read some of the forum postings on EasyLanguage vs. C++ relating to this). I look forward to learning more about your trading experiences and suggestions.

Hello

I would like to share thoughts with serious successful day traders. I have been trading futures and stocks for 30 years. I have only found a few indicators that I can use. Good Luck trading---You are going to need extreme discipline. Trailing stops on profitable trades is one of the keys to success. ct
What are those indicators, sir?

Hi everyone - complete newbie to the site. Looks very interesting. Looking forward to learning with some very well-informed traders on here.

Happy trading to all.

Hi there,
I'm interested in forex mostly, have read a few books, but still lots to learn. Looking for brokers that don't mind when you win, so I can make some money without being stabed in the back. Any recommendations are welcome.

Help

Hi everyone
I am new to this spread betting. Can anyone pointing me to the right direction to start learning and eventually to become a trader? Has anyone heard of a training firm called "Knowledge to Action Ltd" and its trainer or chairman Mr Greg Secter? Has anyone been trained by his company?
Many thanks