Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone, just signed up to this board today.
I wish .. will be team work to succes of trading

good luck !!

Good Morning
I think I've found a good recourse for the kind of information I'm looking for. What I want to do is what we all want to do here, invest wisely. I came to the site after researching Darren Winters having attended a 2 1/2 hour seminar yesterday. I wanted to find out more before committing money. I've been manoeuvering myself into a position to invest with little money by [hopefully], using brains, not brawn!
Nick

Saxon financials interview tests?

Hello,

I try to know wich type of questions in finance does saxon financials ask during thier interviews? exemple: strategies with futures or options?
What is the best profile they are searshing? What is the best preparation.

Thanks a lot:)

Hi,

A newbie to this forum, (in fact the first forum I've ever subscribed to) I've been spreadbetting Forex majors for about 4 years. Tried a bunch of different systems and methods. Break-out continuation, momentum, event etc., I guess that the best I can say is that, thus far, I have broken even. All though it must be said I've spent hours trying to get my head around technical indicators, and various - so called - "highly Profitable" methods and schemes. Or may be this should read "Scams".

Being honest all I can really claim to have learned is that the markets I tend to play, (Cable and Euro/GBP) defintiely have their own distinctive characterisics.

I know this is a bit of trite statement, but the raft of lagging indicators, the mass (or mess) of so called 'expert opinion' - particularly when it comes to news and data releases and economic outlook prediction, is baffling. Clearly both mathmatical analysis and personal opinion is the subject of contradiction somewhere - depending on what analysis you're looking at or who is doing the forecasting.

So my opening question is "what do experienced forum members find to be the most reliable predicitive indicators and why". Putting this question into context I'm not talking about the usual MA crosses etc., but perhaps combinations of analytic tools

For myself I've looked at trading Delta time frames with. Whilst there is clearly something in it I didn't find the swing dates particulalry acurate or helpful on Cable. Being honest I don't really understand Elliot waves but it seems that these might provide an interesting predicitive indicator. As far a Fibonacci goes I am not convinced that this is anthing more than people seeing what they want to see. OK, I supose that as any market is only a reflection of what the participants to that market (people) believe, expect and react to. So I guess moves aganst big indicators like Fibonacci become something of a self fulfilling prophecy.

I mean one need only look at basic support and resistance - daily pivot points etc., to realise that whilst fundamentals always (well at least nearly always) underpin markets, daily movements seem to be largely arbitrary. Although I conceed that major players moving in or out of a particular currency is anything but 'arbitrary'.

So cutting to the chase, is there anyone out there that rekons that they have found the holy grail of predicitive indicators. And if there is, are you willing to share it with us mere mortals?

Drummer Boy
Try add bollinger bands and bandwiths to your arsenal of pivot points, set them up for breakouts on 15' charts and see what happens.

So cutting to the chase, is there anyone out there that rekons that they have found the holy grail of predicitive indicators. And if there is, are you willing to share it with us mere mortals?

Drummer Boy

What you need is a *Leading Indicator* such as Oscillator Divergence to go with Pivots (another Leading Indicator)

Have a look here :

http://www.babypips.com/school/divergence_trading.html

divergence trading

What you need is a *Leading Indicator* such as Oscillator Divergence to go with Pivots (another Leading Indicator)

Have a look here :

http://www.babypips.com/school/divergence_trading.html

Well done, nkruger! I always wondered what a hidden divergence was.
Thank you for the link to babypips.com, a great site.
I'll try your system with limit orders. Do you ever trade the forex ?

Hello Everyone

im CJ , male , 34 Yrs ,8 years of trading one market & one market only... FOREX

i have a masters degree in finance :smart:

im a Senior Technical Analyst @ iForexGate.com , and i have been issuing daily trading signals for 5 years now. My signals achieved more than 1,000 pips last month.

& im glad 2 b here with u all :cheesy:

hope 2 make some good friends :)

your new friend CJ

Basics

Hey, I'm also John..welcome to this site..if you'd like I can email you the basics so you can understand basics like candlesticks. I have 5 pdf ebooks..basic forex info.

John
Hi There, I am new on this site, just learning the ins and out of day trading.
I am currently trying to learn what the heck is a candelstick..and so on....but I'll
get there. Only a matter of time, before I do become knowlegable.

Take care, and glad to meet you..

John

Hi There, I am new on this site, just learning the ins and out of day trading.
I am currently trying to learn what the heck is a candelstick..and so on....but I'll
get there. Only a matter of time, before I do become knowlegable.

Take care, and glad to meet you..

John

New member to forum

Hi, my name is johan lombard and i have been trading options in futures for about 8 months, I have traded 17 times with 15 taking profits and 2 taking a $400 loss. I have grown my capital with a modest $3000. I am currently teaching myself to trade spreads in futures. I have questions for any one out there using the MF Global trading platform to place spread orders.
Thanks for opportunity to share in this forum.

Hi Everyone,

I'm still new to trading. Have intentions to go fulltime into forex trading. Looking forward to benefiting from the experienced, especially on binary trading.

Grace

Hi all

I am Phil and from Greenwich in London. Been reading and learning for last 6 months and now am ready to start my 8 weeks academy course with Finspreads! Just sorting out my weekly plans and strategies now!

Looking forward to learning and socilaising wiht you guys.

Philip

Hi,

Hello to all,,,Iam trying to learn TA and want to use to understand the price movements, so that the same can be used to ones benefit. Find t2w very interesting. Trying to go thru various posts of seniors. Hope to be an interactive memeber

regards

Hi all,

Just started to learn trading, got the very basics (I think) and currently, staring at charts 3-4 hours a day, trying to understand them and reading a lot of books! Glad to join you.
Greetings from Poland
Krzysztof

simply simple trader

hi all, i've been trading for the past 7months which gave me an egde in determining my main aim as fx trader.But recently added money management in my portfolio...hope to learn new outstanding knowlegde from you guys.....Peace:)

A Forex Newbie

Hi:
I'm just starting to deal whith this amazing and chalenging career wishing to get a good advices and pieces of knolowdge of all of you guys and in the near future start to share with you my experiences with this.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i started trading this week for the first time and made 60 pips at the beginning of the week,
then thursday,friday came and i lost all the gain due to trading ranging markets which i am not good at.

My broker rang me and asked me if i found it hard to trade on these days, and also said his guys who have 20 years experience havn't been able to make money over the last few days.

I think the market is ranging because of the uncertainty and is waiting for all the bad or good news to get out. Hope next week is a lot better, i will not trade range bound strategies, unless i see a good breakout.

I also earned 1.20 interest just for holding aud/usd for 15 mins after 10pm and will look to develop some strategies around that.

good look guys.

Hi.

My name's phil and i'm an alcoholic.

oops, wrong thread :p

Nah, i'm really a student looking into getting trading.

goals:
learning from OTHER peoples mistakes,
becoming savvy in the world of trading,
getting an internship next summer.

i'll make others as i go along.

Looking forward to the next year :)

Hi, i am Emmanuel from Nigeria , a graduate of Industrial chemistry and have been trading forex for three years now but became a full time trader late last year and i would say it has not been easy but i am getting along,my trading techniques are basically moving averages and i am open to any help from the community in becoming a better trader.

Emmmanuel, you should learn candlesticks and stochastics, these are leading indicators
moving averages are lagging, meanining they tell you whats happened after the move
has been done, bad for short term moves, but ok for long term trends where you can get in late and still have a lot of gain.

If i can learn these indicators in a few weeks a chemistry graduate should pick it up fairly quickly, but then trading is about emotion/pschology as well as brains.