Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi All, Nice to be here. Been checking up on the forum for sometimes now..finally made up my mind to belong. I am a newbie in the market, have already embark on the journey of no return into the Forex "Forest", hope I wont be lost, Will really need all the "compass and radar" that u guys out there can provide for me. Will really appreciate anyone who is willing to take me by the hands and Mentor me. Thanks.

Howdy,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to trading. Became a full time trader 1.3 yrs ago, before that doing it part-time. I've been swing and day trading options in the American equities market with reasonable success. At the recommendation of some of my trading friends, am integrating futures (eminis) into my trading.

The reason why I joined this forum was to see if there were people here that had trading plans and maybe I could see a sample of some of the ones out there.

Though I have a good trading journal, my new trading coach said my trading will significantly improve with a detailed trading plan. A friend of mine gave me a template to follow and I think it referenced this site. So, I'm about to embark on my trading plan and put thousands of trades I've done over the years into 1-2 documents that will hopefully help me become an even better, more profitable trader. I plan on having a trading plan for options as well as one for futures.

~Doris

hi ,
am new to this site, a day trader , hoping to in my have good time with you guys.
Bye
olalekan

Hi,
New to the site, I am a day trader, mostly trading the Russell 2000 emini, Soybean and GBP/JPY.
So, curious to see what is going on here!
Have fun,
Squeeze

Hello

I'm really new to this forum thing, not sure if I am typing correctly at the right place.

Quite new to trading forex. Trying to learn as much as possible especially scalping (if at all possible on forex).

Will read the first steps to see how to use this properly.

Derek

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

hi everyone
i'm very new here,in fact it's my first time posting anything on the net.hope i can learn smthng from here and i maybe helpful in some aspects.

Hi everyone,

I have been trading index futures at IB for some time now. And I have this question to ask to those who are very very familiar with the system.

For example the future is 399.40 at the moment and I want to long a position when the future hits 400.10
So I place an order LIT (Limit if touch) 400.10(Limit price) / 400.05(trigger price)

Somehow my order gets executed right away even when the trigger price has not been reached yet and I get it executed at market price.

WHY & HOW COME???

Could anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong???

I suppose if your limit price 400.10 is higher than the market 399.40 you will be filled at the market which is really a better fill. Usually you want to buy lower right unless you have some reason to buy higher than in this case you use a BUY STOP rather than BUY LIMIT.

Make sense?

Hi everyone,

I have been trading index futures at IB for some time now. And I have this question to ask to those who are very very familiar with the system.

For example the future is 399.40 at the moment and I want to long a position when the future hits 400.10
So I place an order LIT (Limit if touch) 400.10(Limit price) / 400.05(trigger price)

Somehow my order gets executed right away even when the trigger price has not been reached yet and I get it executed at market price.

WHY & HOW COME???

Could anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong???

Hi , stumbled on this site while researching one Louise woof before I made a purchase of her foolproof earlybird trading strategy and made a fool of myself.You confirmed what I was thinking, if it works so well why sell it when you can make a stack of money without any hassles 4 yourself.
Very interesting and informative forums, hopefully I will learn a lot from you and maybe I will be able to give something back in return.

Hi,

A newbie to this forum, (in fact the first forum I've ever subscribed to) I've been spreadbetting Forex majors for about 4 years. Tried a bunch of different systems and methods. Break-out continuation, momentum, event etc., I guess that the best I can say is that, thus far, I have broken even. All though it must be said I've spent hours trying to get my head around technical indicators, and various - so called - "highly Profitable" methods and schemes. Or may be this should read "Scams".

Being honest all I can really claim to have learned is that the markets I tend to play, (Cable and Euro/GBP) defintiely have their own distinctive characterisics.

I know this is a bit of trite statement, but the raft of lagging indicators, the mass (or mess) of so called 'expert opinion' - particularly when it comes to news and data releases and economic outlook prediction, is baffling. Clearly both mathmatical analysis and personal opinion is the subject of contradiction somewhere - depending on what analysis you're looking at or who is doing the forecasting.

So my opening question is "what do experienced forum members find to be the most reliable predicitive indicators and why". Putting this question into context I'm not talking about the usual MA crosses etc., but perhaps combinations of analytic tools

For myself I've looked at trading Delta time frames with. Whilst there is clearly something in it I didn't find the swing dates particulalry acurate or helpful on Cable. Being honest I don't really understand Elliot waves but it seems that these might provide an interesting predicitive indicator. As far a Fibonacci goes I am not convinced that this is anthing more than people seeing what they want to see. OK, I supose that as any market is only a reflection of what the participants to that market (people) believe, expect and react to. So I guess moves aganst big indicators like Fibonacci become something of a self fulfilling prophecy.

I mean one need only look at basic support and resistance - daily pivot points etc., to realise that whilst fundamentals always (well at least nearly always) underpin markets, daily movements seem to be largely arbitrary. Although I conceed that major players moving in or out of a particular currency is anything but 'arbitrary'.

So cutting to the chase, is there anyone out there that rekons that they have found the holy grail of predicitive indicators. And if there is, are you willing to share it with us mere mortals?

Drummer Boy

Hi,

A newbie to this forum, (in fact the first forum I've ever subscribed to) I've been spreadbetting Forex majors for about 4 years. Tried a bunch of different systems and methods. Break-out continuation, momentum, event etc., I guess that the best I can say is that, thus far, I have broken even. All though it must be said I've spent hours trying to get my head around technical indicators, and various - so called - "highly Profitable" methods and schemes. Or may be this should read "Scams".

Being honest all I can really claim to have learned is that the markets I tend to play, (Cable and Euro/GBP) defintiely have their own distinctive characterisics.

I know this is a bit of trite statement, but the raft of lagging indicators, the mass (or mess) of so called 'expert opinion' - particularly when it comes to news and data releases and economic outlook prediction, is baffling. Clearly both mathmatical analysis and personal opinion is the subject of contradiction somewhere - depending on what analysis you're looking at or who is doing the forecasting.

So my opening question is "what do experienced forum members find to be the most reliable predicitive indicators and why". Putting this question into context I'm not talking about the usual MA crosses etc., but perhaps combinations of analytic tools

For myself I've looked at trading Delta time frames with. Whilst there is clearly something in it I didn't find the swing dates particulalry acurate or helpful on Cable. Being honest I don't really understand Elliot waves but it seems that these might provide an interesting predicitive indicator. As far a Fibonacci goes I am not convinced that this is anthing more than people seeing what they want to see. OK, I supose that as any market is only a reflection of what the participants to that market (people) believe, expect and react to. So I guess moves aganst big indicators like Fibonacci become something of a self fulfilling prophecy.

I mean one need only look at basic support and resistance - daily pivot points etc., to realise that whilst fundamentals always (well at least nearly always) underpin markets, daily movements seem to be largely arbitrary. Although I conceed that major players moving in or out of a particular currency is anything but 'arbitrary'.

So cutting to the chase, is there anyone out there that rekons that they have found the holy grail of predicitive indicators. And if there is, are you willing to share it with us mere mortals?

Drummer Boy

I don't think I have found the holy grail but the best indicator to watch is the interest rate differential between the pair you are trading. For example, Bund interest rate versus Gilt interest rate. Institutions case yields. If they can get a higher yield somewhere relative to the risk, they will go after it.

Chart the spread between the Bund and Gilt. Watch how it widens and narrows. Then compare it to the movement of the EUR/GBP. Learn this indicator. The financial markets (interest rate futures) are the best predictive tool.

Secondly, start to wean yourself off the "canned" indicators which come with every platform. Chart the raw data. Get away from using the smoothed data.

Thirdly, learn about time, not timing, but how time (anniversary date, future dates, etc.). Mark a date of a top or bottom on a chart then search out the news on that date. Look for things that indicate a change in Central Bank Policy or Trader Sentiment. Also look at dates common between asset classes. Compare dates of tops and bottoms in Equities, Forex, Interest Rate Futures, and Commdities. If they all share a common date, then consider the move which is taking place an asset allocation shift by the Big Money Players.

Fourth, Central Banks don't flip-flop. This creates long term trends. Know what the Central Bank of the market you trade is doing. Tightening or Easing.They don't flip back and forth. They have a policy and they stick with it. You will have time to adjust when they make a change.

Fifth, read indicators which follow order flow like the futures committment of traders.

I hope this helps.

Let me know what your time frame is long-term, short-term, day-trade, scalp. Each one of these trading techniques have a different Expectancy profile.

Best Wishes and Good Trading.

Jim

hello to all. I'm obviously new to this site. So far very informative. I've enjoyed reading all the input.

I'm in the process of trying to find a good trading system. I've got a lot of feed back from experienced members, but I can't seem to get two people to agree on any system? What gives?

Some feed back would be appreciated.

People find the systems that work for them ... diversity is essential in the market place.

But many will tell you that price only or price plus a couple of mas (or trendlines) is the best way to learn the markets. Some like to add volume; others don't.

I'm new at this

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. I did some trading before without much of any knowledge and as a result, did not do well at all. Quit trading all together for about 10 years. This time, I would like to start fresh and learn as much as possible, paper trading... before start trading again. This site seem to have a wealth of information and a lot of nice experienced people that willing to help. I'm happy to find such a group and hope to learn much from you all.
Best regards

Hello everyone I'm new to trading the forex. I've been searching the net trying to find some help into the trillion dollar market in order to make some money. Thanks J Will

dont know

I use stick, one minute and 30 minutes, with the one minute chart i use a STOCHASTIC SLOW, with 14, 24, 3 periods, i heard some traders use an EMA 12 to confirm the trend, is these correct?, can be improved?, i have had good results with the stochastic slow i mentioned but it often fail to anticipate a trend change, thats why i ask about the EMA and if you know how to use to confirm the trend.

You can send your answer to [email protected]

Thanks for your time

I havent used a slow stoh on a 1min chart before. I trade from a 5min up to a daily chart. I have several systems that i use. if you are interested, we could get hooked up on skype sometime,

pm me and let me know

Hello to everyone
I'm a new beginner in FOREX.My problem is I want to listen Forex news form radio , but I can't found A good one. Any boby can help me.
Thank in advance
xghn08