Sticky Introduce Yourself

This is a new sticky thread in the General Trading Chat forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any question related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use following thread, which is targeted specifically to new members and existing members posting for the first time:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/29112-ask-any-trading-related-question.html

im rick james and im the baddest mutha****a alive

name's mark,
i goto college(freshman right now) in NY and im dual majoring in Psychology and Computer Science, along with a minor in marketing. found this through google mainly but my cousin says he always comes here for help and gets great answers, so i thought I'd join too!.

Hi everybody. I'm Tim. I'm Canadian, I live in Arizona. My interest in trading began many years ago. I studied a commodities course from Ken Roberts but a bank foreclosure got in the way and didn't get to start trading till recently. I have Scottrade now but want to switch. I'm thinking of Tradestation but I'm open to suggestions. I had wanted to get in on the oil, gold, wheat etc and didn't realize Scottrade didn't do commodities. I have about a dozen stocks and a several stock options. I'd like to do FOREX. So I need beginner stuff to get me off to a good start.

Hi everybody. I'm Tim. I'm Canadian, I live in Arizona. My interest in trading began many years ago. I studied a commodities course from Ken Roberts but a bank foreclosure got in the way and didn't get to start trading till recently. I have Scottrade now but want to switch. I'm thinking of Tradestation but I'm open to suggestions. I had wanted to get in on the oil, gold, wheat etc and didn't realize Scottrade didn't do commodities. I have about a dozen stocks and a several stock options. I'd like to do FOREX. So I need beginner stuff to get me off to a good start.

Hi Tim,
welcome to T2W.
As you're already interested in TradeStation then I have no hesitation in recommending them. Maybe not the slickest platform, but the overall package from them, including the range of instruments you can trade, is excellent.
For very good free of charge EOD charting, take a look at prorealtime.com

good luck ! Garry

Good morning T2W members,

I'm Mark ~ originally from Cornwall (UK) and have been trading the FTSE for 3~4 years now (seems longer) by way of SB (4 different companies) using my own 'edge' that I perfected a couple of years ago. I now live in Puerto Pollensa on the lovely island of Mallorca and trade in the mornings, upto about midday. Afternoons are either spent reading (work) or playing tennis, flying or cycling (pleasure)

I tend to get back to England once a month to catch up with friends and to see what the weather's up to.

Good morning T2W members,

I'm Mark ~ originally from Cornwall (UK) and have been trading the FTSE for 3~4 years now (seems longer) by way of SB (4 different companies) using my own 'edge' that I perfected a couple of years ago. I now live in Puerto Pollensa on the lovely island of Mallorca and trade in the mornings, upto about midday. Afternoons are either spent reading (work) or playing tennis, flying or cycling (pleasure)

I tend to get back to England once a month to catch up with friends and to see what the weather's up to.

Welcome Mark.
you're never tempted to trade Ibex ?

Self Introduction

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rav, I live in London and I stumbled upon T2W the other day. I have now been demo trading on and off for about 1 year. The end of last year brought about many changes in my life and I'm now hoping to give my trading both the time and attention it deserves. My trading Journey has had many chapters and I still believe I have alot to learn. I have done several courses and have met some great contacts along the way.

Trading info - The market I have been primarily focussing on is the forex market. I have a keen desire to take the step from demo trading to live trading but more importantly I wish to keep my trading momentum going.

I'm a strong believer in a saying and that is: "in order to receive one must also give" as what goes around comes around. It is very much a value added approach and stems probably from my occupation.

What I hope to get from T2W. I hope to share and gain knowledge respectively. I hope to help others achieve there goals which I believe will help me achieve my trading goals to. I hope to network further and build some very valuable friends/contacts. But most of all I hope to gain knowledge, experience and a further incite to trading the forex market.

Introducing myself

Hello there all,
I am a Naturopath and Medical Herbalist living in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

I am proud to say that I am a lecturer of Natural Medicine (Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine, Iridology) at Australia's most notable Natural/Alternative/Complementary College of Natural Medicine.

I've never really had much money and always enjoyed the idea of being able to make some extra income by trading shares on the stockmarket. Thus far I have read a number of books and have been to a number of seminars and, after one 'dabble' had some success. I bought 20,000 shares of an Australian mining company called Admiralty Resources (ADY) when it was 5 cents a share and sold them after approximately 18 months for 54 cents a share, making a tidy little profit of $9800. The shares went up to over 60 cents a share, but I was happy to get out when I did. Pure luck! I bought the shares on the advice of a friend, of a friend, of a friend, you know, a trading practice I now realise is not the best way to buy shares, but in this instance I was fortunate. I know that much study must go into many variables, both technical and fundamental, as well as a lot of common sense, before one can trade shares with any confidence.

I'm always on the lookout for a system or knowledge that will make the whole affair much easier, but it looks like it just comes down to plain hard bloody work. I've been paper-trading with success but have not begun any fully-fledged trading use real money. I guess I'm a little scared to lose my hard-earned cash, even though I am quite a bit in front from my initial trading lucky break.

Never mind, I absolutely love reading anything I can of others' experiences of trading and through this I have picked up some very useful information I will use when I do decide to begin. I am hopeful that in the near future I will muster the courage to start buying some more shares and continue to do it on a regular basis.

Thanks for the opportunity to rabbit on about myself and I wish you all the very best in your trading adventures. I look forward to reading what everyone else is up to.

Regards,
Allan

Hello to all T2W members!

My name's Shawn and I am from Singapore. I actually came across this forum by chance.

I am new to the trading scene and will be trading in freight derivatives, an area which i believe to be quite niche.

Being an absolute newbie, I would really appreciate any advice and guidance from the more experience traders. Sharing of knowledge, tools, strategies and especially experience would be excellent.

Wish everyone of you the best in your trading endeavors.

Hi to all,

I am Silvi from Jakarta, Indonesia. I trade mostly in Hang Seng & Kospi Index Futures.

Nice to meet you all. :)

To be honest, it could/should be the best thread on this platform and as well the one which makes the difference to others :)

I think, this was the reason, Paul started it (y)

One of the reasons Paul may have started it was for some of the older, more experienced traders here to provide their story as an incentive for the newbies to keep going, even when all seems hopeless.

That's the reason I joined in a few years ago. I was playing around with Spread Betting while running another business, and frankly not getting very far. It all turned around when I bit the bullitt, sold up and concentrated solely on the markets (footy in particular)
Back then I was up at 5am, reading, going back over charts, more reading and then trading at £1 per pip as soon as the footy opened, trading right through 'til 5.00pm. I was shagg*d out by Friday nights. First month was a BIG loss, but as my livelyhood depended on it ( I have a wife and 4 boys) I started to improve, and gradually I started to have profitable months.

I believe 3 things have contibuted to my success:

1) An unshakeable belief that I will succeed ~ I've got to, it's my only means of earning money.

2) I have constructed a strategy of my own that I believe in 110%. It took me (and another friend on these boards) quite a few months of tweeking to get it right

3) Reading and re-reading Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas ~ every newbie HAS TO read that book, it changes your whole outlook on the way your mind and the markets work.

I just hope at least one budding new trader on these boards reads this and other stories on this thread and is inspired to keep going 'til they make a success of it. If I can do it, believe me ANYONE can !!

I really, truly believe its the best job in the world (aside from gynaecology, but the police say I'm not allowed to keep applying for that career) but one of the most difficult to master. It's been said before that it's 20% methodology and 80% in the mind ~ IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE ~ get your head round the principles and apply a lot of discipline and it can be mastered.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I am Tahir from India.

With a background in Mathematics and Management, I have now indulged in my passion for numbers. Using Metastock and Advanced Get, I have deloped my own set of Technical Indicators and trading methodology to have an assured income of over 30% plus on the invesments deployed.

Look forward to learning more and sharing some knowledge.

Tahir ([email protected])

curlew

hi there,
I"m Dave and I live in Lancashire.
I have been paper trading for about a year now and have just gone live.
I use EMA.Stochastics and RSI which seem to be fairly good indicators.
I am trialling with GBP/USD,EUR/USD and the Footsie 100.
Either day trading or scalping seem to suit me as I can spend 3 days a week at the computer.
I try to make these Tuesday to Thursday as I was advised these are the busiest days on the markets.
My target is 50 pips profit per week-I know ,it is easier said than done!
This seems a very friendly board and I look forward to getting involved- although as a novice I will have questions rather than aswers.
Good Luck everone
Dave

I'm Adeniyi Emmanuel. I am a Nigerian. Ilive in the town of Iseyin, Oyo state in Nigeria.
I am a new trader in the forex market. I have just lost about $300 in the market. i need your help on how to trade and win

hi there,
I"m Dave and I live in Lancashire.
I have been paper trading for about a year now and have just gone live.
I use EMA.Stochastics and RSI which seem to be fairly good indicators.
I am trialling with GBP/USD,EUR/USD and the Footsie 100.
Either day trading or scalping seem to suit me as I can spend 3 days a week at the computer.
I try to make these Tuesday to Thursday as I was advised these are the busiest days on the markets.
My target is 50 pips profit per week-I know ,it is easier said than done!
This seems a very friendly board and I look forward to getting involved- although as a novice I will have questions rather than aswers.
Good Luck everone
Dave

And good luck to you mate.

Stochs are good for a bit of scalping ~ try a bit of divergence as well....

My mainstays for a few euros a day :clap:

Welcome Mark.
you're never tempted to trade Ibex ?

Boll*cks to that my friend. Put my money in the hands of Franco's puppets - no way.

Have you seen the daily movements. They know not what they are doing. They have 4 hour lunch breaks out here. Then the cleaners/cooks take over and start 'market making'

Footsie is my speed thanks.

Then the cleaners/cooks take over and start 'market making'

love it !! :clap: :clap:

same out here. The SET must be the most corrupt, manipulated exchange in the entire world.
i do have an account but only for amusement, and the interest they pay on funds lodged is better than at the local banks !!

good luck, garry